[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Are they worth it?
>>
>>55314809
Nah not really
>>
I bought one and I barely use it.

Nephews like to draw with it though.
>>
>>55314809
I think they're pretty good for students, too bad they are also too expensive for students. Kind of a catch 22
>>
an alright productivity thing if you are travelling, i guess, they arent a replacement for a computer
>>
The Lenovo Yogas are better.
>>
>>55314809

Not really, I had one and hated it. It's not good at being a laptop or a tablet.
>>
I've used one a few times, I wouldn't recommend it.

>no keyboard included with base model
>keyboard feels cheap
>small screen
>low storage
>under specd
>loses to ultra books in a similar price range
>>
Only if you're gonna use it for school. The battery is great and the pen is good enough for notes. It also doesn't way a ton like thinkpads.

It's also really expensive. There are chink tablets that have an sp3 screen. You could just get those if you want a windows tablet.
>>
>>55314809
I used this all semester last Spring. Terrible.

>takes ages to boot up
>pen bug causes one note to crash far more than often
>palm detection isnt what it should be
>battery life is terrible

I'm going back to pen and paper next semester.
>>
>>55315036
I was considering getting either a yoga or surface for when i start studying
leaning towards the yoga because
> it's a laptop and not a glorified tablet
>>
>>55315111
Better choices too, theres the 260 460 X1 in the Thinkpad series and then theres the ultra slim light 900s in their consumer line.
>>
>>55314809
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display is indeed worth it.
>>
>>55315072
Wow
It's like we had entirely different devices. My experience was literally the exact opposite
>>
I have one and it is the worst designed tablet. The thing overheats so much that you can't even hold it. Falls over whenever you use on your lap. You can put Linux, BSD, or Solaris on it, but the keyboard isn't USB or PS2, so you can't use this OSs portably on it. But I heard you can put Android on it, but you can't use the keyboard on it and a lot of Android applications don't support x86.
>>
>>55315111
>leaning towards the yoga
>>
File: lmao.png (161 KB, 270x321) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
161 KB, 270x321
>>55316209
>>
>>55315857
POO IN LOO
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.