[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even if you have nothing to hide, you must realize that all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: botnet.jpg (67 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
botnet.jpg
67 KB, 640x420
Even if you have nothing to hide, you must realize that all the spyware in Windows10 is stealing performance from your hardware, right? It's more bloat on an already very bloated OS and it's only going to get worse from here on out because consumers have shown Microsoft they don't care about their own privacy.

My work week is 50+ hours so I really don't have the time for Arch, I still play video games occasionally, and above all else, I just want my shit to werk. Is OSX the only option for normalfags like me who still care about privacy? I hope that's not the case.

>inb4 install gentoo
>inb4 pajeet
I know you'll say it anyway.
>>
>gaming
>>/v/

Literally just install Ubuntu, simpleton. You can run your trash games through a VM or wine.
>>
>>55314356
>play for a few hours on the weekend when I'm not wageslaving
>le go back to le /v/ xD
This continues to be my favorite meme.
>>
>>55314408
way to ignore the point

literally just install ubuntu the majority of non native linux games will run in wine

also, arch does not require as much time as people here say it takes
>>
When people stop using every google product in existence they will have the right to complain about other companies.
>>
>>55314458
fucking shite m8 i'm complaining about u but i use an iphone and safari and a macbook and it's completely within my rights

ha rekt
>>
File: 1461317680679.png (272 KB, 673x888) Image search: [Google]
1461317680679.png
272 KB, 673x888
>>55314203
POO IN LOO
>>
>>55314698
at least osx gives you control, AND IT ACTUALLY TURNS OFF, unlike windows 10
>>
>>55314203
>My work week is 50+ hours so I really don't have the time for Arch,
Co-incidence.
I'm retired and my time is my own
And I still don't have time for Arch.
Or any Linux for that matter.
>>
File: 1467113736307.jpg (115 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
1467113736307.jpg
115 KB, 509x501
>>55316828
>he thinks it actually turns off

Nice proprietary software, friend.
>>
>>55314203
>i don't have time for arch
>is os x the only option
>linux = arch
why macfags are so retarded?
>>
File: Git Gud.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Git Gud.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1365
You gotta make time for it.
Get a babby tier distro and start from the ground up.
Find some really appealing features that aren't available anywhere else so you have to use it.
It's really started to pick up on my end, granted much of it mulling about and fixing broken shit but once I got that down I can fix it again easy and continue on with bigger stuff.
>>
>>55314356
>>55314453
>Ubuntu
Stop shilling for unity, it is garbage
Install lubuntu or something
>>
>>55314203
>time for Arch
This meme is funny. It has been, for me, the most painless operating system I've ever used.
>>
>>55317182
That's a lie
>>
>>55317379
Sorry to disappoint your expectations driven by 4chan memes
>>
>>55317550
I've installed it before. Setting up is not easier than Ubuntu or something
>>
>>55314203
>I really don't have the time for Arch

then use manjaro? it's arch but with a stable repository and simple installer
>>
>>55317863
I'm very obviously talking about day to day use.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.