[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a blu ray burner and disks to archive my animoo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Blu-ray_Disc.svg.png (79 KB, 2000x1073) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Blu-ray_Disc.svg.png
79 KB, 2000x1073
Should I get a blu ray burner and disks to archive my animoo? I don't have any BD reproductor. One of my WDs "died" recently so I'm kinda PINCHI DESU.
>>
Or maybe, just maybe, HAVE A FUCKING EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR BUILD A FUCKING CLOUD FAGGOT.
>>
>>55313951
>Should I get a blu ray burner and disks to archive my animoo

Fuck no, just get set up a raid 5 or 6.
>>
Actually, yes. Optical media is the most redundant form of storage. PAR2 helps greatly too in case your discs degrade.
>>
>>55313951
Get an external hard drive or build yourself a NAS box.

Alternatively, stop being a manchild that still watches anime.
>>
>>55313951
>to archive animu
no, a hard drive is still better economically, you can get two 1tb hard drives (two backups) and still have plenty of money saved in comparison to what it would cost to back them up with BDs

although I'd still get a BD drive.
>>
>over 16 TB of original scene releases archived on disc and hard drives
>optical media in locked, dry and dark storage so the discs are not likely to degrade
>what am I doing with my life
>>
>>55313951
Buy extremely cheap, second hand HDDs, make sure that they are usable, place all that anime in, get an USB rack for HDD and keep it open.
Keep those HDDs unplugged(keeping them plugged will get them used up and eventually they'll die on you) after they get filled up.
If you label them you'll know what HDD you want and you just plug it in the open rack.
>>
File: 1455189398352.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1455189398352.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>55314553
>he thinks "the cloud" is something magical and not just a server

Maybe he should use one of these more secure "solid cloud" solutions
>>
Maybe 10 years ago
>>
>>55313951
>disks
get damaged
>>
>>55313951
10TBs free from yunpan
>>
File: 55181940[1].jpg (5 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
55181940[1].jpg
5 KB, 250x154
>>55314778
how strapped are you for storage that you'd communicate with chinese servers for the storage space of a movie?
>>
>>55314855
Why wouldn't I?
Chinese are ppl 2.
>>
File: kM_lPhzP[1].jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kM_lPhzP[1].jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>55314886
>Chinese are ppl 2
>>
>>55314662
>scene releases

What a massive waste of money
>>
>>55314911
Enlighten me, oh great sage!
>>
Never use Bluray, it's a shit "standard" with built in DRM.
> archive my animoo
Literally why when you can just redownload it?
Family photos and other stuff you yourself made and didn't spread all over the internet I can understand but archiving anything that can easily be found elsewhere is silly.
Well, unless it's old software that you're unlikely to find then. Like it's almost impossible to find a torrent of Need for Speed 3 or shit like that so I'm glad I still have my CD.
Also tape archives.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.