[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will-full ignorance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 18hvhbw3qbl37png.png (261 KB, 636x716) Image search: [Google]
18hvhbw3qbl37png.png
261 KB, 636x716
Everyones accusing win10 for spying when they really are doing the same shit they have always done, no one says a word about some of the rediculous permissions most apps require on the android market, like, why does angrybirds need to read my text and gps data?
>>
android AND windows 10 are botnets

just because google servies spies and allows others to spy doesn't make it windows 10 suddenly good
>>
>>55312499
Never said that it made it suddenly good. Just saying, people focus their hate only on os's they hate, and ignore when the ones they like pull the same shit. its retarded.
>>
>>55312499
Google play services is the botnet not Android
>>
Except the Play Store tells you what permissions the app is gonna access, (which you can see before you decide to install it, although the Windows 8 Store has this too so I'm assuming so does the Windows 10 Store,) and due to Android's open source nature, you can install versions of Android that don't have any apps that spy on you.

Of course, you're limited to whether your phone supports the customized version of Android you want to install. For instance, the Stallman-approved fork of Android, Replicant, only supports a very limited number of devices, and last I checked doesn't always have all the drivers for the hardware on a lot of the devices it supports. The thing is, I think sometimes phones use a Trusted Platform Module to encrypt the bootloader, which is intended to prevent you from installing a different operating system. Microsoft was going to do this with Longhorn, and TiVO did this with set-top boxes, which led Richard Stallman to update the GPL to version three with adding a clause to prevent these kind of practices, and coined the term, "Tivoization,"," for when a computer runs a, "free," operating system but prevents you from installing a different free operating system. Linus Torvalds refused to update the Linux kernel to GPL 3, and who knows, maybe if he did, (assuming Android used the latest version of the Linux kernel,) maybe phone manufacturers wouldn't be able to do shit like this. (Although a lot of times they don't want to do this but are pressured by the telecoms to do so on carrier phones.)

BTW, the alliance of corporations, (which includes Microsoft,) that develops the technology to do this is the Trusted Computing Group, I think.
>>
Also, a lot of times you can uninstall spying default apps on a rooted Android by sownloading /system/app mover.
>>
>>55312714
Have you ever read a tos? Or read the options you select when installing? Your post suggest you have not.
>>
>>55312774
You see, you can uninstall/block spying apps on windows.
>>
>>55312481
> complains about security
> wants to install closed source malware

Srsly ? you are the ignorant here.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.