[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The year is 2016 and yet there still does not exist a good open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 500x500
The year is 2016 and yet there still does not exist a good open sores video editor
>>
There isnt good open sores anything
>>
>starting the thread with goalpost moving
At least give it a few replies first, bro
>>
or music editor or even gui music player or video composer

at least blender is usable now
>>
>>55311353
blender is good
ffmpeg is good
>>
>>55311353
supposedly kdenlive is alright, shotcut is shit though
>>
>>55311683
Audacity
>>55311353
I dunno, Openshot maybe?
>>
File: Adobe_CEO_Shantanu_Narayen.jpg (772 KB, 2100x1575) Image search: [Google]
Adobe_CEO_Shantanu_Narayen.jpg
772 KB, 2100x1575
Why doesn't he designate all pre-2006 Adobe software as open source?
>>
>>55311786
Audacity is ok but way too basic. Like not even close to Adobe Audition (or even logic pro)
>>
>>55311792
because there won't be a point in using a more modern version.
there are people using cs2/cs3 right now
>>
File: foss_free_open_sore_software.png (154 KB, 305x236) Image search: [Google]
foss_free_open_sore_software.png
154 KB, 305x236
>>55311353
>>
Let's move away from open source and instead look at what's available on linux:
>openshot
Very unstable. Crashes in encoding and everywhere else. Good luck using it. Pray if you try to use their windows build.
Remember it being better 5 years ago.
>lightworks
Arcane-wizardry tier. Forget about it unless you already know how to use it. You need to register and sign in to use the program in the first place.
>kdenlive
Trash, but probably the closest to functional there was. Missing keyboard shortcuts and context menu shortcuts, and has some seriously bad workflow design when you start trying to cut on the timeline.
Used it most recently to edit a clip that I manually converted to webm later. Previously used for a larger presentation, and that was alright after getting the hang of the software and dealing with its quirks.
>pitivi
Trash? Can't remember using this in recent times, but there was a reason I installed every other non-linear video editor available after installing it..
>that one other python frontend for gstreamer
Most recently used this for a larger project. Bit buggy and very simple, but it got the job done for a larger project.

Although adobe premiere cs3 is effort to get working and has an ancient encoding software, it's miles ahead of anything natively on linux.
>>
>>55311353
Try shotcut
>>
>>55311353
>OpenShot Video Editor
>>
Cinelerra

You fucking noobs.
>>
shotcut isnt open source?
>>
>>55313939
Good for home movies. Terrible if you actually want to edit something.

And that's the whole Linux story. Photo editing, video editing, office... its good for casual use. And that's it. Such a shame :/

If only Adobe would make Linux products. That's the only thing stopping me from using Linux full time
>>
>>55311353
>i cant use ffmpeg
when did the mandatory pre-internet use iq test get dropped?
>>
What do you want it to be open source for? Because it's free?
>>
>doesn't want to pay for a product yet still expects it to be good

K
>>
>>55311353
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55315223
>transcoding/recording/streaming/playing is the same as editing
lol
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-29_14-46-51.png (118 KB, 929x960) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-29_14-46-51.png
118 KB, 929x960
>>55315668
works for webservers/web frameworks
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r9&hw=peak&test=json
actually, you can even say
>Wants to pay for a product and still expects it to be fast
lmao
>>
>>55311700
>>55311709
>>55315223
Are you all retarded?
>>
>>55311683
>What is Bigwig
>What is Ardour
>>
>>55311353
Just pirate premiere you mega autist. Fuck your old like need to have programs made by other autists.
>>
I'll make the logo
>>
>tfw the best free video editing tool is davinci resolve, yet nobody fucking knows of it

it's so good wew, has some flaws but I like it.
>>
>>55311792
Creative cloud
>>
>>55311353
So make one, fgt.
>>
>>55317116
Except this thread is about editing software not some fucking obscure web framework shit
>>
>>55318308
bitwig is proprietary
haven't tried ardour though
>>
File: retarded pepe hat.jpg (73 KB, 655x658) Image search: [Google]
retarded pepe hat.jpg
73 KB, 655x658
>>55318267
ye
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.