[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Internet Browser?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: pic related to the thread.jpg (214 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
pic related to the thread.jpg
214 KB, 600x400
What's the best Internet Browser?
>>
i use apple safari version 911
>>
Opera 12.16
>>
File: Netscape.png (4 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Netscape.png
4 KB, 128x128
>>55310601
Netscape Navigator 3.0
>>
kde konqueror
>>
Brave.
>>
Chrome. Gg ez XD
>>
>Internet.
>Browser.

Bait.cumfurnt GNMrnfl
>>
elinks
>>
File: uzbl_tabbed1.png (67 KB, 796x461) Image search: [Google]
uzbl_tabbed1.png
67 KB, 796x461
Uzbl
>>
File: 1466292116601.jpg (89 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
1466292116601.jpg
89 KB, 807x700
>>55310601

PALEMOON
>>
all browsers are shit. web is shit.

>>55312425
yes
>>
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MODERN BROWSERS

FIREFOX AND ANYTHING FIREFOX-BASED
Bloated, slow as living fuck, and base FF has shitware packaged into it.

CHROME
Fast and nice but full of spyware

CHROMIUM
Fast and nice, no known spyware left. Probably your best browser choice in 2016.

IE/WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY'RE CALLING IT THIS WEEK
Standard-raping shit with no good features

OPERA
Chrome spyware under a different name with a few new tricks.

EVERYTHING ELSE
Has no good features, is buggy as shit, or doesn't work on most modern sites. Usually all three. However, some of the less shit ones are definitely worth considering e.g. elinks if you only need a minimal browser or qupzilla if you don't mind a few flaws with few features.
>>
>>55312529
>OPERA
*CHROPERA
>>
File: download (25).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (25).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Opera m9
>>
>>55312548
See >>55312545
>>
>>55310601
more like
>what's the least shit
It was opera 12... was
;_;

Lets see if otter or vivaldi get somewhere
>>
>>55312574
Vivaldi's just a Chromium web app
>>
>>55310601
Opera > Chropera > Firefox Developer Edition > Chrome > Firefox (most forks) > Chromium > Pale Meme > Literal shit > Edge > IE
>>
>>55312615
>closed source shit > closed source botnet shit > firefox with a new theme > botnet shit > bloated shit > the only decent browser > actual garbage
How's your job at Opera going?
>>
>>55312644
>it's inherently bad because I can't view the source
Your shit values aside, functionality wise it's the best browser to have ever been created.
>>
>>55312644
>firefox with a new theme
It has a lot more than a new theme. It's also more stable than the stable branch.
>the only decent browser
Don't you mean "closed source shit"? How's your job at Micro$oft going?
>>
>>55312686
I think he meant chromium
>>
>>55312686
>more stable than the stable branch
>based on testing
HAHAHA
>Chromium
>closed source
>microsoft
>using the $ in microsoft
Wow, you have just proven in many ways how goddamn stupid you are. Try counting again, noting that I consolidated several of his browsers into one "actual garbage" at the end.
>>
>>55312765
>I think he meant chromium
>>55312779
>Chromium
>closed source
Why the fuck would he be talking about Chromium? The penultimate item in the original list was Edge, and the penultimate item in the new browser is listed as "the only decent browser"
In what world is it common to arbitrarily change the order lists then act like the other person is the stupid for expecting the order to remain unchanged?
>>
>>55312996
>new browser
Fuck. New list, whatever. You know what I mean.
>>
>>55310601
Operah. For shizzle ma nizzle
>>
Tor
>>
>>55312591
Yeah and a shitty one at that (the performance is so fucking shit, and I mean FUCKING SHIT) but I really like how they mirrored the opera features and the UI is so god damn pretty man (Not exaggerating when I'm saying that if I made a top X of pretty software, it would be up there).

I really hope it gets somewhere.
>>
It all depends on personal preferences. You have to get different ones and see which features you like. For me I like Mozilla Firefox for its customizability, but you may also find features in other browsers you may like.
>>
>>55312996
Wow, you are stupid.

In what world do you follow a list from the end? LINE THE FUCKING LISTS UP FROM THE GODDAMN START AND WHEN ONE LIST ENDS PREMATURELY YOU FUCKING GROUP THE REST IN THE OTHER LIST TO THAT END ITEM.

YOU FUCKING STUPID LITTLE UNDERAGE BABBY SHITCUNT. Go back to preschool. Fucking seriously.
>>
File: hsbc-mode-switch.jpg (104 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hsbc-mode-switch.jpg
104 KB, 600x450
360 secure browser
>>
File: image.png (142 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
142 KB, 600x600
Everyone make place, best browser coming through. I feel really sorry that Linux and Windows users can't enjoy the comfiness.
>>
>>55313655

>comfiness
>safari

Pick one nigger
>>
>>55313794
You have both with Safari. Feature rich, fast, light on resources, gives lots of battery life, pretty UI, etc.
>>
>>55310601
Chromium desu senpai
>>
>>55311141
Latest Opera.
>>
>>55313807
god damn apple, give safari native chrome-like webm support, it's the only thing i've ever asked for
>>
>>55313873
VLC plugin makes it close enough to not be a hassle anymore. Not native but it's good enough.
>>
>>55314069
>good enough.
not for me. i'm an apple convert, i have higher expectations
>>
>>55310601
MIDORI AND SEAMONKEY
>>
>>55310601
Edge + hosts file
>>
I personally use seamonkey, nice and simple to use, runs smoothly too
>>
>>55312529
>FF slow

Where this meme come from? There is no difference on my system if I either use FF or Chromium.
>>
>>55312507
>no bookmarks
>no history
>no downloads
>doesn't even support cookies
>still has flash for some reason
>thinks this is because of muh Unix and not the author being a shitty programmers who just through together random shit on top of WebKit
>still has less features than Lynx or w3m
>todo file: support SSL
>>
>>55312519
>Doesn't support tons of Firefox Add-ons

no thanks
>>
>>55313042
Fuck off pedo
>>
>>55312529
> Bloated, slow as living fuck, and base FF has shitware packaged into it.

Same could be said of Chrome. FF and Chrome have had comparable speed and features for the last 5 years or more.

Deciding between Chrome and Firefox is like deciding between Coke and Dr Pepper. The difference is mostly subjective.
>>
>>55312529
How does IE "rape" standards? If anything it's chrome and FF repeating the same mistakes IE6 did back in the day.

IE11 is actually a pretty great browser
>>
>>55311164
It's the fucking best
>>
>>55310601
Firefox Beta
>>
Lynx will always be the best web browser ever. Bye Scrubs.!
>>
Firefox.
>>
>>55316683
IE has too much configuration to be used properly. Changing only one parameter can fuck up all your internet.
>>
>>55310601
Waterfox
>>
Yandex
>>
>>55317270
This.
>>
>>55310601
Firefox
>>
File: gJqN3xPZMg.png (22 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
gJqN3xPZMg.png
22 KB, 520x390
>What browser do you use?
>Google
It has become a reality.

>>55318110
>not listed in descending order
>>
>>55316649
Dr Pepper is infinitely better than Coke though
>>
>>55310601
I use Firefox because I like it and it's fast enough for me. And I can sync my phone and desktop.

It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.
>>
>>55311164
when I was a kid, I installed this and my father uninstalled it and told me that was a virus.
>>
>>55312529
>A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MODERN BROWSERS
>FIREFOX AND ANYTHING FIREFOX-BASED
>Bloated, slow as living fuck, and base FF has shitware packaged into it.
>CHROME
>Fast and nice but full of spyware
>CHROMIUM
>Fast and nice, no known spyware left. Probably your best browser choice in 2016.
>IE/WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY'RE CALLING IT THIS WEEK
>Standard-raping shit with no good features
>OPERA
>Chrome spyware under a different name with a few new tricks.
>EVERYTHING ELSE
>Has no good features, is buggy as shit, or doesn't work on most modern sites. Usually all three. However, some of the less shit ones are definitely worth considering e.g. elinks if you only need a minimal browser or qupzilla if you don't mind a few flaws with few features.
I might give Chromium a try today. How stable is it?
>>
File: 1389713893001.jpg (7 KB, 230x200) Image search: [Google]
1389713893001.jpg
7 KB, 230x200
Firefox

not happy but closest i can get to the true Norwegian Opera
>>
>>55315722
That's because both are slow as fuck.
>>
File: luakit.png (214 KB, 1365x743) Image search: [Google]
luakit.png
214 KB, 1365x743
>>55310601
luakit
>>
i've used maxthon for a long time, never had any problems
>>
>>55318626
Chropera is still made by Norwegians, mate.
>>
>>55310601
Anyone else notice how best browser threads incite more people to go on the internet and tell lies than any other threads?
>>
>>55313859
Fuck no, OP said "best"
>>
w3m master race

>>55319196
wasn't luakit abandoned?
>>
>>55318220
I'm guessing your father also had several copies of PartyPoker (or some crap like it) clogging up his Start menu, and so many toolbars you could barely even see anything in his browser of choice?
>>
>>55321071
What lies have you noticed? It's typically just a lot of opinions.
>>
>>55316407
You need a limited extension set for a private browser anyway. No reason not to install both.
>>
>>55312529
>Standard-raping
>installed by default on the most common operating system
So it's the most fingerprint resistant browser in existence? I never would have predicted that.
>>
Safari 4.0 for Windows.
>>
>>55313655
New mac mini never
>>
File: 1441406852337.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441406852337.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>55313655
>>
>>55318110
This.
Firefox / Chrome are the best choices.
Probably Seamonkey if you want some nostalgia or something. Waterfox/Palemoon are fucking retarded, just like full autism to consider chromium. Vivaldi is like enthusiast-tier (for "something new/features") so whatever.

Also, servo more like never. Fucking moz
>>
>>55322832
Vivaldi is tortoise-tier.
>>
>>55312519
Got anymore animu babes like that?
>>
did new firefox update broke browser css for anyone?
>>
>>55318259
It's great, all of chrome's extensions work for it too.
>>
Depends on what your criteria of a "good browser" is.

Chrome is feature-packed and fast, but you sell your soul to Google for it. It is also a resource-hogger. If you don't watch CP or plan acts of terror (or don't mind Google knowing about it), and have a half-decent computer, this is your browser.

Firefox is pretty popular for its customizability. It takes time to set it all up to your liking, but when you're done, it will probably be worth it. It used to be the go-to browser for the customizability and privacy, but the amount of users have declined as it's beginning to hog resources. If you like spending 3 days setting every little setting to your liking and have a half-decent computer, go for this one.

Opera is a lightweight-focused browser. I haven't used it so much since I'm a Chrome-guy myself, but it's very resource-friendly and has a neat "slow-network" feature that compresses web-pages so they don't take that much bandwidth on slow networks. This can be toggled on and off. If you have a shit computer and/or internet connection, go nuts.

Safari is the default browser for Macs. As I have never owned a Mac or used Safari on any other platform, I can't really tell you about it.

Internet Explorer is the retarded kid in the back of the classroom that everyone else simply accepts exists. This browser has a habit of crashing itself on multiple occations, even when idle. It's the #1 browser for downloading other browsers. Avoid if possible.

Edge is Microsoft's new browser, and the successor of Internet Explorer. I haven't fiddled much around with it, but it feels pretty responsive and has a neat "Reading Mode" feature that makes it easy to read articles and PDFs. Can't really say much more about it.

In the end, it comes down to preferences, and anyone telling you that browser X is better than browser Y because of reason Z, is saying so because of their preferences. My advice: Force yourself to try them all, change every 7 days. Then you will know.
>>
>>55318166
but is it open recipe?
>>
>>55324369
It's too hard to verify if a recipe is being infringed on by a competitor's product, and people at home don't generally have the resources to reproduce mass market candy/cola recipes anyway.
>>
>>55318166
That's a blatant lie. Both are infinitely better than Pepsi though.

Then again, basically anything is.
>>
>>55323800
I can't process this because you aren't mindlessly supporting one browser as the best.

>My advice: Force yourself to try them all, change every 7 days. Then you will know.

Insanity. I'd much rather use one for a long time, and then try a few others shortly before deciding that they're all shit compared to what I'm used to.
>>
>>55325921
Actually on second thought, this is much better. Thanks. Disregard my last post.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.