[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian internet...1$ for each extra Gygabyte over the limit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 38933.jpg (26 KB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
38933.jpg
26 KB, 212x212
Canadian internet...1$ for each extra Gygabyte over the limit of 100Gb...50$ a month... ZERO f****g competition!!! The bastards are all in on it!
fffffffffuuuuuuuuu just wtf man wtf??!?! how is this still legal in 20 f***** 16????
>>
>>55310284
You must be 18 years or older to post on 4chan.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160628-221036.png (320 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160628-221036.png
320 KB, 1440x2560
You think you have it bad?
>>
>>55310445
THIS IS 100GB FOR HOME INTERNET!!!
>>
File: 5378085024.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
5378085024.png
32 KB, 300x135
Competition generally exists in Canada.

Either look at leveraging your position and calling retentions to get a better deal
OR go with someone other than Rogers/Bell for internet.

Keep paying full price, so I can keep enjoying gigabit internet + tv for $100 combined
>>
>>55310284

Just don't go with rogers or bell. A reseller is the best route.

I pay $100 (after taxes) for a business line, 50/10 (consistent, never more never less) static ip, ipv6. They will give me multiple addresses if I ask, I can run mailservers or whatever, super nice routing - it's a single hop to someone with the same ISP, ~2-5ms to google, and of course unlimited bandwidth.

Just look around for ISPs that cater to businesses. Most won't advertise prices on their website, you gotta email or call their sales person.

I mean it's still expensive for what it is, but I would rather pay for non shitty internet.
>>
>>55310536

What's your bandwidth cap? Do you have ipv6 support? Do you get a static ip?

Speed isn't so exciting when you can't do anything with it other than download your steam games slightly faster.
>>
>>55310445
>touchwizz
>>
>>55310445
>Touchjizz
>>
>>55310676
No bandwidth cap.

I don't know about IPV6, I don't care for static since I'm not running a server here (against the TOS anyways)

You have a point about speed, above 200mbit its kind of pointless but this deal I have was too good to pass up.
>>
>tfw living in third world shithole but have unlimited 100/100 for 20 USD a month
>>
File: 1463343377095.png (114 KB, 419x357) Image search: [Google]
1463343377095.png
114 KB, 419x357
>>55310707

> server against TOS

You're paying too much for having the 2016 version of AOL.
>>
>>55310735

yeah... you probably pay less than the cheapest canadian cellphone package for service that is better than the most expensive package you can buy.

Mean while Bell is busy trying to tell the CRTC that netflix is offering 'prices that are impossible to be profitable' and that's unfair and should be regulated.

Like you can't make this shit up. Canada's internet/cellphone service is just embarrassing.
>>
>>55310851
Beyond whining on 4chan have you actually done anything ?
Because when Bell/Rogers wanted resellers to pay for usage (UBB) I went to my local MP to complain about that shit and how it was bad for competition.
You want lower prices then fucking do something about it.
Vote with your wallet, go complain to your MP about the sad state of the telecom market in Canada.
>>
>>55310930

I do - I write to my MPs. Liberals nor cons give a fuck.

I don't think it's possible for mps to not know how pissed off and helpless Canadians feel in regards to internet and cellphone.

You can't go a week without some news article about some Canadian who got fucked by the big 3.

Liberals are the worst for being real cozy with the big 3 though.
>>
>>55311071
>You can't go a week without some news article about some Canadian who got fucked by the big 3.

You mean morons that basically don't want to take any personal responsibility ?

>Hurr we went on vacation and we let Timmy download some apps and movies while in a foreign country
>why do we have to pay this huge bill now !?

>Liberals are the worst for being real cozy with the big 3 though.
You know its the CRTC that regulates them directly not whatever flavor of gov is in office.

The CRTC fixed a wack of issues when it came to bill shock anyways.
its not perfect but they are trying to make things work.

If you want to whine about verizon coming here or some bullshit then the gov would have to intentionally short change itself a few billion bucks and give away the spectrum for free (it would be likely sued for that) or loosen up on the foreign ownership rules (which I agree with doing)
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37 KB, 466x349
What ISP?
Shaw here and service is fantastic, 100mo for 100mb+down and 800gb of data, though ive found shaw doesn't actually enforce the caps.

Our cell providers on the other hand make me want to kill myself.
>>
If you go over 100 GB, just buy a second Internet connection for $50 for one month. Then you're only paying $0.50 per gigabyte.
>>
>>55311147
>You know its the CRTC that regulates them directly not whatever flavor of gov is in office.

you know who appoints the people in charge at the CRTC right? It's a fucking revolving door there.

Idiots getting crazy overage fees is dumb, but the overage fees are ridiculous in the first place.

A sane plan would be "you have the 1gb data plan for $50, you go over the 1gb data plan, you pay for the 2gb data plan that month" not "pay $1 per mb you use"

> The CRTC fixed a wack of issues when it came to bill shock anyways.
its not perfect but they are trying to make things work.

yeah the CRTC tried to put some vaguely sane regulations in place and everyone's bills went up.

Only thing I think that will ever fix the issues with pricing and quality of service is publicly owned networks (all the provinces with this have significantly lower prices), or the government taking over the layer 1 and forcing everyone to rent from them.
>>
>>55311282
The CRTC is not in the business of regulated prices, that is not what they do.

>yeah the CRTC tried to put some vaguely sane regulations in place and everyone's bills went up.
Prices went up because 3 year contracts were basically phased out.
Since now the phone subsidy is spread out over a shorter period of 2 years instead of 3, prices went up.

>(all the provinces with this have significantly lower prices)
The CRTC didn't fix that.
That is simply a product of more competition.

Youre complaining about the monopoly bell/rogers has and instead want a government monopoly , huh ??
>>
> hay I can't read this because it's on a website that forces me to run non free javascript and that violates my freedoms. who wants to go and violate their freedoms so I don't have to?

You can't make this shit up. It happens frequently on mailing lists. Worst thing is people actually do it.
>>
>>55310435
i'm 27, stfu, troll.
>>
>>55311381
so then pay for your own fucking internet and stfu.

Don't bitch and moan that your parents are paying for some $50 internet package that only includes 100gb of data.
>>
>>55311404
no u stfu, why should i be a little sheeple bitch that gets exploited?
go ahead and be one, i dont care, just don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>55311464
So.. you don't want to be exploited, instead of moving up in price tiers you will just continue to pay the over usage fees.

The fee maxes out at $50 from what I remember.
Maybe you can just pay it from your allowance.
>>
Not all of Canada. $29.95 for my 15mbit cable with unlimited bandwidth.

Stay away from big co and go for bandwidth reseller.
>>
>>55311161
mostly bell here in montreal, it owns the place, competition is the same. they're all on it. conspiring thieves.
>>
>>55311497
i dont pay the over-usage fees, i got unlimited, but it costs an arm and a leg compared to some european 3rd world shithole.
that's what makes me mad. canada is so backwards and corrupt. don't get me started on the taxes rape so they can give you "free" but pathetic healthcare and education. Not that i pay taxes.... but still, it demotivates me from ever wanting to get a job.
>>
>>55311526
where's that?
i got the same but for 45$ in montreal.
>>
that post
censoring your swears
>bump bump
>stfu im 27

is this high level bait?
>>
>>55310284
I have 100mbits connection, no limits in download, Plus 300 tv channels, Plus unlimited phone calls (non Mobile), plus mobile line with 2gb of 4G, 200min of calls to anything anywhere plus 200 SMS for shits and giggles.

All for 50€/month.

Spain.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.