[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok guys, I just had a vague idea. So money it's just a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: capitalism dead.png (753 KB, 865x606) Image search: [Google]
capitalism dead.png
753 KB, 865x606
ok guys, I just had a vague idea.

So money it's just a trade token, right?
money isn't real.

So what will happen if someone developed an application to trade real things or services using some imaginary monopoly data inside the application.

But, instead of some bank or jews scheme making new monopology money, actually people get free monopoly money because of their services, because it's just an imaginary number inside the application.

Or something like a p2p bank or some other crowfunded way to make money.

Or the more you help other people, the more your ranking level goes and after a while you can generate money.

dunno, some ideas.
>>
>>55308688
You mean like ancient Egypt?
>>
This place never ceases to amaze me with the retarded shit I see.
>>
>>55308744
I dunno, I'm not an econ guy.
just an average neet with a huge imagination watching post capitalism videos on youtube.
>>
>>55308761
you can trade bitcoins for real goods and services.
why it's a retarded idea?
>>
>>55308688
If I understand you correctly, you're talking about some time bank.
>>
>>55308787
nope, some ebay clone based on barter rather than real money.
>>
>>55308777
>I don't understand
>retarded
That's his reasoning famalan
>>
>>55308825
I'm talking about a place where people can barter stuff locally but for mobile.
>>
This system would fail because those smarter than average know that the only way to win in life is fuck others over. They wouldn't allow such a system to exist.

You can't kill them because then the world would be oversaturated with idiots and human civilization would collapse on itself.

There will always be ~20% elites benefiting from the 80% of the majority. It's how it's been, is, and always will be.
>>
>>55308888
so wikipedia and bitcoin not longer exist?
>>
This is why things like communism failed hard, they didn't get support from the 20% elite. Because of that russia became infested with idiots who caused the whole system to kill itself.
>>
File: faceorite.gif (624 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
faceorite.gif
624 KB, 267x199
Libertardians, everybody.
>>
>>55308904
They exist because the 20% allow it to exist. They could easily find ways to destroy those things, especially since they were the ones who made those things in the first place.
>>
>>55308948
>they can destroy an idea when internet exist
>>
>>55308919
>I don't know shit about history and politics, but I need to leave my opinion anyway.
>>
>>55308688
you need state power backing it up to make fiat currency work (in the long term).
>>
>>55308972
>>they can destroy an idea when internet exist
You'd be surprised how much power they wield.

You remember the empire of Japan? Me neither.

They don't even have to nuke things to make them go away though they will if they have to.
>>
Look guys, I'm not a genius, pls don't try to call me retarded or insult me.

>>55308998
I'm not thinking about being a fiat currency, I was thinking a score system where you get points for helping people and bartering your old stuff you can use to buy goods and services from others using said score system.

call it a money or a market, I dunno, I'm not an econ guy.

>>55309018
I'm behind seven proxies and using Tor with VPN, good luck.
>>
>>55308992
>be soviet russia
>spend too much on military
>poverty rampant
>Introduce retarded things like Glasnost'
>USSR is now kill
wow

Ever wonder if all this shit was done on purpose? It was.
>>
>>55308688
Ok dude go back and read what you wrote. Specially this part:
>But, instead of some bank or jews scheme making new monopology money, actually people get free monopoly money because of their services, because it's just an imaginary number inside the application.

It's a solution looking for a problem that has already been fixed, we call that currency/money.

What you describe exists already in te form of a literal time sharing app that allows people to share their time to do chores for others and they get equal time back for chores they need and they can then sell that time or donate it, don't know what that app is called.

Even if you were to accomplish such a system. The "Monopoly money" isn't free since it requires somebody's time or product to be created. The banking system isn't inherently evil, if you look into it you'll see it solves a lot of problems you wouldn't be able to solve any other way without government control of the market. The problems come when you have literally idiots who believe any stupid thing will make money, like Facebook stock or Twitter stock.
>>
>>55309230
that's some good way to put into words but I mean a digital currency inside the applications you get freely after a while besides getting it for doing chores for others or bartering items.

There's more to my idea than simple time sharing.
I want it to be also be a way to locally coordinate and meet people.

I'm just going to study CS next year.
>>
>>55309296
>ean a digital currency inside the applications you get freely after a while besides getting it for doing chores for others or bartering items.

That would totally undermine what you're trying to do. If people receive literally "free money" one immediate thing that will happen is the "money" has no value because it "grows on trees"

And if this "money" you come up with can't be traded into other currency like dollars but still has some kind of inherent value what you will find is that people will start hoarding it creating a bubble, similar situation was created before and that was the observed result. You need to take a economics class dude. I don't even have a high school diploma but these things are super simple, I keep hearing you're allowed to simply walk in and sit at college classes, go to a economics class because you're interested in it, you may change your degree. It probably is more useful than a CS degree.
>>
I specifically remember back in the day someone tried making a site with exactly this concept called "your personal army" or something and it died fairly fast iirc
>>
>>55309230
>I want free money for literally doing nothing.
Go back to jerking off to youtube videos about how automation will finally result in the universal basic income you feel you deserve so much.
>>
So bitcoin?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.