[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transporting my pc parts on a plane.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: thestrokes.png (2 MB, 1793x894) Image search: [Google]
thestrokes.png
2 MB, 1793x894
I'll be flying back home for vacation.

The following will be in my hand luggage:

Mobo (in anti-static bag, inside box)
Processor (leaving it inside mobo)
HD (antistatic bag, inside foam shield)
SDD (in box)
GPU (no antistatic bag, but it'll be in the box with foam shields)
CPU cooler (in the box)

PSU - It's too big to fit in my carry-on so I'll be leaving it in my checked in luggage.

Will I run into any issues with airport security?
Lastly, will my graphics card and SSD be okay without antistatic bags?
>>
>>55307340
don't do it man, you'll catch hell if it's in your onboard baggage, and if it's checked that shit's gonna be thrown around bigtime
why not just take a craptop and maybe put your hdd in an external case
>>
>>55307340
This is retarded.You're retarded for even considering this. Just ship it.
>>
>>55307340
Are you crossing the border? If so be prepared to get searched. Obviously you are doing nothing illegal here but your stuff will probably be manhandled by goons.
>>
>>55307434
For real? I've been asking around and most people have said that it shouldn't be an issue, but I trust the people on here more than anywhere else. Everything is going to be in their original packaging because I saved all of it. My laptop is a piece of shit HP Dv6 that is nearly dead.

>>55307452

Why though? Shipping is going to cost money that I don't have right now. I have around 200 bux to last me until the 11th which is when I'll be flying back. It's an international flight if that makes a difference.
>>
>>55307537
in an ideal world it wouldn't be an issue but consider the intelligence level of the average tsa worker and you realize some idiot is likely to see electronic components and think bomb

seriously what's so bad about your laptop? you're going on vacation right? so why do you need something that can do anything more intensive than browse the web and watch videos?
>>
>>55307597

Because I'll be living with my parents. My friends will have either work or university classes to attend, so it's not like I'll be occupied 24/7. It'll be nice to be able to play games, especially since I built this thing fairly recently.

As for what's wrong with my laptop, welp.

Let's just say I can't leave VLC running for longer than 20 minutes without hitting temps of >85 degrees.
>>
>>55307597
> some idiot is likely to see electronic components and think bomb

This is stupid. You are stupid for suggesting this. This is not going to happen.
>>
>>55307666
satanic trips give the lie to your statement
>>
>>55307697
I am now doubting myself as well now t b h. Maybe OP should play it safe.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.