[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guise, I have a problem i cannot solve with a Samsung Galaxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: s2.jpg (57 KB, 557x495) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
57 KB, 557x495
Guise,
I have a problem i cannot solve with a Samsung Galaxy s2 I got for my brother. I've read miles of text on forums and watched hours of videos during the last few days. This is my last resort, and I don't expect much, but I'm going to try anyways.

My GF bought a new phone and gave me her old galaxy s2 to give it to my brother. I would've just done a factory reset, however she gave the phone to an idiot friend of hers about a year and a half ago and he installed cyanogenmod to 'speed it up'. He botched the job and the phone had all sorts of problems. I just want to return it to stock firmware.

However, when using odin I seem to only be able to install aged firmware with ice cream sandwich instead of the jellybean android. When I try to flash the jellybean firmware the phone always gets stuck at samsung logo while booting. And I have tried literally EVERYTHING to fix this.

I also tried to simply install the ice cream sandwich and update it, but the phone can't do it and it suggests a kies update. Kies however, always fails about halfway through and can't even run the emergency recovery properly, so I end up having to flash the whole thing again.

My question for anyone that might know this, is how can I update/install the jellybean firmware and get it to work?
>>
sorry bro but i think its like the s6 where is a counter that fucks the whole phone when you try to go back to the original software
>>
File: hero.jpg (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
7 KB, 216x233
>>55304197
3 days of my life
>>
https://www.androidpit.com/reset-flash-counter-to-zero
>>
>>55305109
>https://www.androidpit.com/reset-flash-counter-to-zero
Fuck me nigga, this could actually work. I have this app on my phone, but couldn't use it because the phone thinks it's not rooted after installing stock shit. However if i root it firs and reset the counter then enter the download mode. we may have something here. Thank you bro.
>>
If you can keep battery life solid its still a great phone. I've been using it for years now. Very solid. The screen is probably the most dependable screen I've seen on a phone. I've owned it since the S3 release and I have not had a single scratch or crack after dropping it countless times.
>>
>>55305175
>>55305109
Didn't work. I'm entirely out of options.
>>
>>55305338
I think so too, but the problem is that sooner or later I think the updates will start to fail if I can't install the up to date firmware. The phone is amazing considering the mileage, mistreatment and age
>>
>>55304032
I had a similar problem with a few 7 inch Galaxy tab 4s I've repaired. Flash the firmware in Odin and when it reboots let it go for 2 minutes. If nothing is happening, hold home and power until it shuts off. Hold home+power+ volume up to get into recovery. Do a factory restore from the stock recovery. When it tries to reboot go into recovery again and wipe the cache. Then reboot to the bootloader. Hope that helps.
>>
>>55304032
The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55305422
some phones have a repo where you can find older stock OS'es, such as the OnePlus One, but a lot of more mainstream companies do not support this.

Your best bet is to install another Custom ROM via xda - just take one of the popular vanilla ones. They either 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 and run smooth.

Even if you manage to find a older ROM, it will be terribly out of data and a lot of modern apps will simply not support it anymore.

Custom ROM's aren't what they where 5 years ago, similar to Linux. There's no reason not to use them.
>>
>>55306062

yet. . .
>>
Just stick to Cyanogenmod. It werks and is updated every day. Just find a way to flash gapps on it and you're golden. Original Samsung software will be years outdated, you'd literally be giving your brother an insecure device.
>>
>gf
>my
jej
>>
>old phone comes with cyanogenmod
>tries to go back to stock rom
holy shit you must be retarded
>>
give it back cletus
>>
>>55304032
>I have a problem i cannot solve
Did you Atleast read the sticky pajeet? Go to /sqt/
>>
>>55304032
>S2
>Jelly Bean
"No"
What the fuck did you flash?
>>
>>55308783
Well it wasn't working properly. The phone works ok now.
>>
>>55312658
S2 has jellybean, this phone actually had jellybean before cyanogenmod was installed
>>
>>55306757
Ok, thank you very much. I will try this.
>>
>>55305799
I have tried something similar. Will try this again. Tanks :)
>>
>>55304032
Back to XDA you disgusting piece of shit.
>>
Search about EMMc brick bug, maybe you'll find what you want. I had the same problem with my Galaxy Note.
>>
>>55304032
Just wipe cache in the recovery after flashing with Odin.
>>
>>55306062
kys
>>
>>55308783
If I ever bought a phone that had CM installed I'd install the stock firmware as well; who knows how the software has been tampered.
>>
>>55304032
I have cynogenmod on a galaxy s2

it fucking sucks, cyanogenmod is absolute trash and I'll never install it on another phone again
>>
>>55304032
>However, when using odin I seem to only be able to install aged firmware with ice cream sandwich instead of the jellybean android.

Why dont you update manually after Ice Cream sandwich
>>
>>55317328
I tried, my phone won't update it by itself and kies freezes midway through the process. I don't know of any other ways.
>>
>>55304032
bro, look for the exact firmware the one your associated with your carrier (verizon,sprint,etc) and the latest one
dont use random firmwares other wise it wont work
than try to install it by odin tell me if it works
>>
>>55317985
I'm not from the us, but I did install the associated firmware. However with the same result, the ice cream sandwich works perfectly, jellybean is stuck in a boot loop
I used odin to install it
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.