[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD Shilling Timeline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: alex jones.png (2 MB, 1651x983) Image search: [Google]
alex jones.png
2 MB, 1651x983
>2 weeks ago
>"The RX480 clearly beats the 980, it's in spitting distance of the 980ti, nano-level performance at extremely low tdp"
>Shady Korean benchmarks come out
>"Yes, the rx 480 gets 120fps at 1080p in Doom and overclocks to 1600mhz easily while staying virtually cold"
>1 week ago
>benchmarks come out showing it goes way above 85c
>"bad benchmark, blower fan should be at 100%"
>last few days
>more benchmarks coming in showing rx 480 barely able to trade blows with the 970, zero oc potential, artifacts reported when adding a dismal 50mhz to the core.
"b-b-b-ut the rx 480 was always supposed to compete with the 960 gtx, it's a budget option"

Nice goalpost maneouver shills
>>
File: amd_s.jpg (52 KB, 568x612) Image search: [Google]
amd_s.jpg
52 KB, 568x612
WILL AMD EVER RECOVER???
>>
it competes with the 550ti dumbass
>>
>>55302084
t. Nvidia Shill
>>
That benchmark shows the 380 as a faster card wait for benchmarks that are real on the 29th
>>
Why do Alex Jones and Jim Keller look so alike
>>
>"we're bowing out of the high end market"
>150W TDP shows Polaris is well behind Pascal
>1266MHz is the "boost" clock -- will only advertise it as officially maintaining clocks ~150MHz lower
Surely this will beat a 1070 and have UNLIMITED OVERCLOCKING HEADROOM!
>>
>>55302084
Holy shit, there are so many Nvidia shills today. If they're this worried about the RX 480, maybe it's going to be amazing.
>>
>>55302084
These AMDtards are delusional.

They so desperately wanted the 480 to be their savior, but of course, it turned out to be extremely underwhelming.

You should check out /r/amd if you want to see some beautiful tears.

They are scrambling madly just trying to justify all the benchmarks coming out showing how it can't even beat a 970.
>>
File: 1464579956029.jpg (17 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1464579956029.jpg
17 KB, 470x313
>Bulldozer was shit
>Vishera was shit
>Steamroller and Excavator nonexistant
>Hawaii was shit
>Fiji was shit
>Polaris is shit

Vega:???
Zen:???
What could possibly happen next? Hmmmm I wonder...
>>
Everyone was shitting on Kyle, but turns out he was 100% right

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
>>
If I'm upgrading from a GTX 460 then an RX 480 should be more than enough, right? I don't really play video games too much but this computer definitely needs an upgrade. Would waiting until the 1080 drops in price be a better idea though? I don't mind waiting a little while.
>>
>>55304286
Fuck off, Kyle.
>>
>>55304388
480 would be a huge upgrade and im guessing youre more budget minded so id go with that. even after drops you wont see anything lower than 600+ for a 1080 until the next gen comes out. other reasons are youre older systems presumably lower specs would be much more in line with a midteir card. if anything wait for the 1060 (rumors are sept) and see what happens there. not to mention that 1070+1080 are overkill for 1080p@60fps

my money id just get a third party 480 tho in a couple weeks.
>>
>>55302084
welcome to your first ever graphics card release

you're fitting right in with the people who have only ever owned one "gaming pc"
good job
>>
>>55304245
Fuck off Nvidiot. Fuck you!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.