[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: wifi_antenna.jpg (87 KB, 647x485) Image search: [Google]
wifi_antenna.jpg
87 KB, 647x485
Does anyone here exclusively use X without any other desktop environment or window manager?

Anyone here live in CLI with, at most, tmux?
>>
Why would you even start X in that case?
Just use a tty, like on a server.
>>
>>55301550
I use Windows because you don't get points for difficulty.
>>
>>55301550
I could live with just CLI but it feels like too much of a hassle i'd have to setup alot of pre configurations and i'd be unable to view images properly.
>>
>>55301854
you can view pictures on a framebuffer
>>
>>55301892
Guess I'm going CLI as soon as the school decides to fix Eduroam then.
>>
>>55301550
If only I could read PDF files on the command line...
>>
>>55301550
>Does anyone here exclusively use X without any other desktop environment or window manager?
What would be the point of using X if you just have a single terminal open?
>>
>>55301912
>Guess I'm going CLI as soon as the school decides to fix Eduroam then.
Am I supposed to understand the logical connection between those two? What does wireless networking have to do with X and framebuffers?
>>
>>55302150
They supposedly have some sort of weird network configuration that requires running a graphical proprietary daemon which also monitors students.
>>
>>55302311
That's fucking bullshit. Also, I doubt it's true. I think you and source you got that from are misinformed.
>>
File: screen-tty1.png (18 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
screen-tty1.png
18 KB, 1680x1050
>>55301550
Not quite that autistic, but I have been playing around with screen a bit.
>>
File: fbi.jpg (268 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
fbi.jpg
268 KB, 1680x1050
>>55301892
fbi or fim (fbi improved)
>>
>>55302311
It's just enterprise wpa2 probably require some sort of cert thats where that program comes in.
>>
You can read pdf with the "less" command or fimgs/fbgs.
You can view pics with fim/fbi.
>>
>>55303237
>fbi or fim (fbi improved)
Who did this?
>>
>>55302922
Please tell me you've learned to use screen -dRR to reattach
>>
>>55302311
That is not a fundamental feature of Eduroam I can tell you that much, but perhaps they have made some of their own modifications (is that even allowed)?
>>
>>55301912
I've had eduroam working with wpa_supplicant.
There's a bit of configuration and cert hassle you have to do but it's possible, look up some blog posts and other institutions support for it then modify for yours.
>>
>>55301582
Images can't be displayed in tmux when using plain CLI.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.