[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work as a tech and a customer brought in a machine with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: damn.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
I work as a tech and a customer brought in a machine with the bios locked and they can't remember the password. The manufacturer is being a douche and not helping. Any tech tips /g/?
>>
Give it back Rajeesh.
>>
>>55297594
Try to remove the motherboard battery
>>
>>55297645
I don't give up easily.
>>
Damm tyrone if you dont know how to go trough that maybe you should go back into stealing watermelons.
>>
>>55297689
The bios is stored in the flash memory and apparently removing battery doesn't work. Which I found out the hard way.
>>
Who's the manufacturer? Apple and Lenovo are pretty resilient in my experience.
>>
>>55297747
Remove BIOS and replace chip with a new one.
>>
>>55297751
Toshiba.
>>
>>55297762
I was hoping there was software I could use. Finding replacement bios chips is a pain in nitamb
>>
>>55297823
There are usually ways to emergency flash a BIOS chip. mainly when a flash has gone wrong. My last two boards could do it via USB at home, even.
>>
>>55297747
Did you leave the battery out long enough? 30 minutes should be good. Also what kind of Toshiba. Is it a laptop?
>>
>>55297851
What software were you using?
>>
Give it back Jamal
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.