[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to buy a gpu Why are people shilling this hard? Whats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image_2_0.jpg (50 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
image_2_0.jpg
50 KB, 800x581
I just want to buy a gpu
Why are people shilling this hard? Whats to gain from it?
>>
>>55297356
>Whats to gain from it?
people have a psychological need to associate with a tribe of like-minded people, and to feel that that group is strong.
people are also insecure about their purchasing decisions, because they don't want to realize that they've made a poor choice. So they talk up things they've bought as superior.
>>
>>55297356
>Why are people shilling this hard?
pride
>Whats to gain from it?
proving someone wrong on the internet

are you really this retarded
>>
>>55297356
Arrogance tbqhwymyf

>Nvidiashills
"I bought more expensive and cooler product, therefore it's better than yours, nodriversupportpoorfag aylmaod"

>amdshills
"I bought same performance for less, so i'm automatically the most rational gpu shopping expert (doesn't matter if my card overheats while playing games from 2010)
>>
>>55297391
>>55297397
>>55297536
This.
Buy what you want abd troll back.
>>
>>55297356
rly maeks u think..
>>
>>55297356
just ambitious young pajeets trying to get ahead in the world
>>
>>55297356
I have a real question and while I will certainly go elsewhere for a proper answer, I'm here so I might as well start. I've only ever had EVGA cards (mostly Nvidia) but I'm looking at this new MSI Sea Hawk or whatever the fuck they are calling it. Any real reason that I shouldn't buy an MSI gpu? I stopped buying their motherboard before a lot of you were out of diapers but they seem to have fixed some of that.
>>
AMD customers are red pilled and NVIDIA customers are blue pilled. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>55297356
AMD shills do it because AMD is the under dog and they don't want a monopoly, Nvidia shills do it because nvidia actually makes better products and don't want you buying AMD.

Do your own research, but AMD suffers horribly from driver overhead on dx11, and dx12 won't see mainstream adoption for a while.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.