[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wet phone problem:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
My roommate knocked my phone into the sink. It was submerged for about a minute. I put it in a bag of rice, but will this help? Is there any way to save it? Any help is appreciated.
>>
buy a redmeme note 3 they're waterproof
>>
>>55294227
For sure, but in the mean time am I just fucked?
>>
>>55294235
no. a chinese man will come during the night and replace the broken parts and eat the rice
>>
>>55294247
If that actually were the case then I would certainly not mind.
>>
>I have a problem with a phone
>doesn't say what phone it is
>>
>>55294247
Asians only like cooked riced you fucking gink.
>>
No one? I would gladly look to return the favor somehow.
>>
>>55294307
Read the rules you fucking idiot, we're not a support board.
>>
>>55294296
My bad, it's a galaxy light. Not sure what year it was made, but I bought it about a year ago.
>>
>>55294324
I realized that after posting. I just moved the post to another board. No need to be a dick about it.
>>
>>55294353
>No need to be a dick about it
>hurr some one is a dick because they corrected me
Go cry to mommy babyman.
>>
I would take off the removable back and battery and make sure there is no water in the phone's back

Worst case scenario there is water there, just take a hair drier at a very light warm setting and dry it, make sure there is no water in the ports, should be fine.
>>
>>55294368
Being a dick because they called me a fucking idiot. If you wanna be a fucking moron, that's fine.
>>
>>55294379
Thank you, I will definitely give it a try when I get the chance. I heard a vacuum might work as well, any thoughts?
>>
>>55294410
I am not one to drop my phone often, let alone water, so I have no experience in it. If your vacuum has a extension that makes the nozzle smaller and a low sucking setting for the ports, then I'd go for it.

If you let it out open to dry, maybe with a heater nearby on a light setting, it is very likely that it would be fully dry by at least tomorrow.
>>
>>55294469
Thanks a lot for the advice!
>>
>>55294525
No problem, just make sure to ask in >>>/wsg/ or a tech forum next time because asking here will result in neckbeards spamming "install gentoo", ">>>/v/" and a host of other stupid memes.
>>
>>55294545
Yeah good to know!
>>
>>55294545
People would not shit up the board with their tech support problems if faggots like you stopped helping them.
>>
File: sony-xperia-z-waterproof.jpg (18 KB, 448x288) Image search: [Google]
sony-xperia-z-waterproof.jpg
18 KB, 448x288
>>55294221
>year 28 of the heisei period
>he doesn't have a waterproof cellphone

Wait, seriously?

I thought this was a thing of the past?
>>
>>55294353
Is it your first day on 4chan?
>>
>>55294652
I don't dump money into shit I don't need. All I desire is a phone that can make calls and send texts. Normally this wouldn't even be a problem for me. My roommate is a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>55294221
>roommate
Poorfag.
>>
>>55294670
No but it's my first day on this board, or with this problem.
>>
>>55294849
>I don't dump money into shit I don't need.

Obviously waterproofing is something you need.
>>
>>55294854
Not afraid to admit it.
>>
>>55294874
Apparently, and if I have to buy a new phone I'll definitely take that into consideration.
>>
You were supposed to take the battery out and soak the phone and battery in rice.
Leave it there overnight and then try turning the phone on tomorrow morning.
>>
>>55295083
Cool, that's what I'm doing, good to know! Thanks :D
>>
>>55295104
No problem. Don't mind the other anons getting mad at you, they probably haven't talked to a girl in a few years.
But it really sucks if your room mate was actually the one to drop it. Is he going to pay for the replacement if you need to buy a new phone?
>>
>>55295124
My thoughts exactly. I think he'll help me pay for it. At least, that's what he said. But at the same time I feel like I shouldn't have left it close enough for him to knock it in, but whatever. If he helps me pay for it then that' fine by me :)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.