[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alienware Aurora
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Promise this is not bait, but what does /g/ think of Alienware Aurora R5?

I'm looking to play VR games, and I'm not really capable or want spend a lot of time learning to set a system up.
>>
>>55294027
If not alienware aurora what would you recommend?
>>
File: mM0DWQN[1].jpg (96 KB, 600x730) Image search: [Google]
mM0DWQN[1].jpg
96 KB, 600x730
>>55294027
>>
>>55294027
>I'm not really capable or want spend a lot of time learning to set a system up
For the lazy and the stupid, Alienware is indeed a good choice.
>>
>>55294027
instead of a fedora pc just wait until apples comes out with their own vr machine
>>
>>55294115
I think ill likely keep windows as my primary os though. but will dual boot ubuntu not fedora

>apple

would be way too expensive
>>
>>55294096
Hey falcon! have read your guides, but it seems tricky.

I have done some back of envelope calculations and the difference between alienware and self built pcs would be ~200 - 250 USD at most.

A bulk of the money going to the expensive ram. But this machine is built to be upgradeable and I get the 1 year warranty
>>
>>55294148
DIY PCs are also upgradeable, and you get 3-5 year warranties.

Show us your calculations.
>>
>>55294174
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/6tH9TW/excellent-gaming-build

Not exactly what I saw - but shows my point

This has better graphics for sure - but even if u subtract 200 dollars for the better graphics and 80 dollars for the hard drive, the difference is similar to what I stated

are the other parts better in a significant way?
>>
>alienware
why don't you just send me all the money you're wasting and I'll give you a gay ming rig.
>>
>>55294174
btw - my current laptop, I got it based off of one of your guides from years ago :)

>>55294232
there is a markup yeah... for a _prebuilt_ (not diy obv) I literally was not able to find something that's cheaper. so there's no need to hate on it
>>
>>55294192
>it's only $200-250 more!
>so I'll spend more hours at work to pay for it instead of doing it in an hour at home.
Unless you make $200 per hour, you're dumb.
>>
>>55294192
Can you show us the PSU, mobo and SSD of the Alienware?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.