[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is IBM doing nowadays?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1000px-IBM_logo_svg.png (10 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
1000px-IBM_logo_svg.png
10 KB, 1000x400
What is IBM doing nowadays?
>>
Still being shit contractors as well stuff with Watson.
>>
Revealing their power level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G33pMjfU28
>>
>>55293796
Laying off in record numbers and trying to polish the turd that is their "cloud solution" that even lost to Amazon for federal contract bids despite being cheaper no one wanted to touch it with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>55293796
Working on neural networks and pushing the power architecture. They still make a ton of money off mainframes.
>>
Helping to build supercomputers
>>
Last I heard from IBM, they where taking on a bunch of women and minorities from Baton Rouge as trainees and putting them through software development training.
>>
>>55293796
Renting Watson out to the Toronto Raptors so they can AI pick their draft picks.

The pentagon also uses Watson to procure equipment because there is a 1,000+ page book of regulations ObamaLLama and his cronies came up with to regulate Pentagon lobbyist purchases so they have to use a fucking computer to help them make choices.

They've also bought a shitload of online companies lately, mainly database integration corps
>>
File: 1465538408132.jpg (32 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
1465538408132.jpg
32 KB, 557x612
>>55294245
>women
no wonder their dead
>>
>>55294251
>1,000+ page book of regulations ObamaLLama and his cronies came up with to regulate Pentagon lobbyist purchases
So, no more $50,000 toilets, $500 hammers etc?
What a shame! I like to see my taxes wasted.
>>
dey doin all kinds shit you don' even knoe nigga
>>
>>55294290
oh don't worry, they're still being wasted, they're just being wasted more efficiently than ever before!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.