[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hpg/ - Headphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: portable STAX.gif (164 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
portable STAX.gif
164 KB, 640x480
-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Passive noise isolation ≠ Active noise cancellation
If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous Thread:
>>55268975
>>
File: portapro.jpg (36 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
portapro.jpg
36 KB, 400x534
>>55287408
They sound quite good, but for the price, they are awesome: foldable, moddable, very light.
Cons are they tend to catch hair, the cable needs to get replaced sometimes, and the foams needs replacement after a while.
Design is hit or miss. I love them.

These are what i wear when i go biking, running, traveling, as they have decent sound, don't fall, and i won't regret losing them.
They are not only good, they are functional, and that's important if you plan on using them all day.
They are ok for gaming and movies.

For 10€, they are awesome, you can't beat that.
For 40€, meh... better get 8 pairs of pistons.

Maybe you'll hate them, but they are part of headphone history, as they are more than 30 years old.

>>55287612
I did, several times.
However, some people received fake ones on aliexpress, when you had a letv metal craze at 8€/pair.
Now these are like 20€ a pair.
Compare it with the decent sounding xiaomi piston at 5€ (check on banggood, gearbest, geekbuying... sometimes the price will get that low, and no fakes).

If they were still at 8€, and with no fake issue, that would be interesting.
>>
>Budget
below $30
>Location
Malaysia
>Source
computer
>Preferred type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
any
>Comfort level
any
>>
I'm thinking of new headphones, right now I'm using my ATH-M40X.

I was thiking of a DT990 PRO, I want open headphones for home use. However, I didn't really sense much difference in the sound, not enough to justify buying these.

I was thiking maybe I should aim higher, should I go for HD600s? Are there anything similar to those, I'm looking at $250, maybe $300 top. I want open headphones with very well defined bass.
>>
>>55290523
Panasonic RP HTF 600s, Koss Porta Pro or JVC HARX700 on sale.

Avoid low end Sennshits like HD201 and 202.
>>
>>55290557
cheapest open headphones with good bass are HE-400i
>>
>>55290592
>Avoid low end Sennshits like HD201 and 202.

Are they that bad? I was thinking of replacing Philips SHP 2000 with one of those in a week... What would you recommend putting priority on comfort on a $60 budget?
>>
>Budget
$55-65
>Location
Uruguay
>Source
Computer - iphone - mostly for music (rock, electronic, some metal)
full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
As much as possible even if it means a slight sacrifice of sound quality
>Preferred tonal balance
Honestly not sure, I like a good bass but nothing too excesive
>Past headphones
Generic $10 piece of crap
>>
File: DSC_2291.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2291.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
>/hpg/ slow as hell last thread dies before bump limit
>>
>Budget
$60usd/$100aud and under
>Location
Australia
>Source
Computer and phone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Can swap out for other ear pads, but pref really comfortable
>Preferred tonal balance
Warm, neutral, v, clean bass
>>
Question about using o2+odac with k702.

I kept reading on here that k702 is power hungry. But I have a default o2+odac from JDS labs (by "default" I mean standard gain switch), and I can't imagine ever using the gain switch. Indeed I'm never turning the volume knob that high.

Is everyone just listening to stuff at much higher volumes than me?
>>
>Budget
~$50 CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Smart Phone. Possibly a generic music player in the future.
Full-Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Any
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>>
File: tfw_cat.jpg (77 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
tfw_cat.jpg
77 KB, 500x669
Alright /g/ I start a bank job in a week managing papers in a vault. They said I could listen to music while I work, but I've used over the ear all my life. I'd need earbuds for this though. I'd need something I can get off of Amazon prime. Any recommendations?
>>
Hey /g
There are beyerdynamic 910s for a little under 70 euros
Is worth it?
If not all i need are headphones under 70 euros that are comfortable and full-sized
Thanks in advance
>>
INCOMING RETARDED QUESTIONS

So I recently came into possession of a Pioneer PL-400 turntable & I don't know what to do with it. It powers on, the record spins...but the sound is too quiet.

I'm feeding it through my dayton DTA mini amp to get audio to my speakers, but I'm doing it through the red & white stereo cables that came with it. I would have plugged it directly into each speaker with speaker wire, but the thing seems to have 3 split cords (L/R/ some third cord, and THAT cord ends in a Y shaped metal piece, while the other looks like it ends with nothing.

Am I doing something retarded? Did someone try to fix the speaker wire cords & then mess it up at some point?

Will post pictures if anyone wants to help me out (is this even the right place to ask this?)
>>
File: hp_setup.png (233 KB, 1191x383) Image search: [Google]
hp_setup.png
233 KB, 1191x383
Getting rid of the m50x soon. It'll be a while before I get new cans.

Anybody here that can sell me on the benefits of CIEMs?
>>
>>55290557
Have you tried the m50x? Im thinking about buying them or are the m40's a better way to go
>>
>Budget
$100
>Location
Canada
>Source
DAC/Amp combo (Hifime 9018) and smartphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Closed (IEM)
>Comfort level
Comfortable for hours of use every day
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
DT 990 Premium, Klipsch X10 (broke, trying to replace this one), Xiaomi Piston 2 (good for the price, but the sound quality is definitely lacking compared to X10)
>>
>Budget
$100
>Location
US
>Source
PC
Full-sized, on-ear
>Open or closed
Closed, decent/good isolation
>Comfort level
Comfy

Would prefer something with removable cables.
>>
>>55292135
no you're just reading nonsense spouted by retards
>>
>>55294795
MA750

>>55294852
XPT100
>>
>>55291300
No, HD 201/202 are fine, IMO spendig anymore is approaching snake oil. They are super comfy, and sound fine. Great if you can find them for ~$20
>>
>>55294925
>HD 201/202
Do you own them?
I have them and HD600. I'm comfortable using the HD201's as backup headphones if I'm not in the mood to use my HD600.

I agree with Tyll Hertsen's findings that the HD201 sounds in your head but the HD201 still sounds good enough even with bad build quality. Superlux or Tascam are still a bit better.
>>
>>55294921
XPT100 are over-ear. Have any on-ear recommendations?
>>
>>55295111
I saw "Full-sized."

Haven't tried on-ears in a while so going with IF, Noontec Zoro II HD.
>>
>>55294921
MA750 is over $100 US.
>>
>>55295331
Yes, $20. It is the best IEMs to get around the $100 price point.
>>
File: Headphonesandaudioshit.jpg (323 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Headphonesandaudioshit.jpg
323 KB, 2000x2000
>>55290273
I have returned...
>>
>>55294852
K553
wait for it to go back on massdrop though also it doesn't have a removable cable but the one it has is quality.
>>
>Budget
$70
>Location
Canada
>Source
Computer
IEM
>Open or closed
IEM
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
>>
Why are Soundmagic in-ear headphones being shilled so hard on /hpg/?
>>
>>55295885

Soundmagic e80 or Etymotic MK5. They are just over your price in Canadabux, but either are a fine choice for neutral IEMs in that range.

>>55295956

Just to spite you, because you ask every 30 posts or so.
>>
>>55295978
Well I'm not the other anon. I copy and pasted the same thing because I genuinely want to know.
>>
Question
I'm about to buy a Superflux HD668b paired with Fiio e10k. Will I be able to notice the difference when I'm just using a HyperX Cloud as a daily driver?
>>
>>55296002
I own the HD681 and you will notice a difference.
I can't answer if it's a good difference or a bad difference.

If I say it is shit another anon will say that I'm wrong. And if I say it's good then you might say your HD668b was better. I don't know. To be honest the difference isn't that great. I think a HyperX Cloud is better than a bassy Momentum and Urbanite.
>>
>>55295999

Would it shock you that people are recommending them because they like them, and feel that they fit well for price/performance in their market segments?

Also, for the record, the e10 and e80 are the only models that I've ever seen recommended here. No one ever mentions the e50, or any of the non-IEM models. If anything, only two specific models get shilled; it's not like pure brand loyalty running rampant.
>>
>Budget
$190 / 175€
>Location
Denmark
>Source
Computer / Xenyx mixer, Phone
Prefer full-sized over-ears
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I'm going to be using them 5+ hours every day. Prefer velour earpads or some other soft material over pleather.
>Past headphones
I recently broke my ATH-M50's, and I've decided not to get another pair, since I've had a bunch of problems with them.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (179 KB, 834x1027) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
179 KB, 834x1027
>>55296045
But is there any measurements for e80?

I found this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 600x598
So what's the price where the ROI diminishes with headphones? I currently use my Logitech G930 gaymer headset, and I'm looking to upgrade. That being said, I don't know if any headphones <200USD will beat them. What price range should I be looking at? I've been looking at K702s, 880 pros (600Ohms), and HD598 but I have yet to pull the trigger on one because I'm not sure if I'm overpaying.

Help me /g/, I just want to listen to all the CDs I ripped to wav
>>
>>55290273
>Budget
Maybe $600
>Location
Canada
>Source
computer, phone through external Amp/DAC
full-sized
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
comfy

Listened to M-100, loved those but find soundstage limited and ears getting a bit cooked. Run this at +3DB from 2k-16k Hz.

Use Westone 4 as my IEM.
Currently using Boompro as my mic.

What should I consider? Is Fidelio X2 Wooz just meme?
>>
>>55296037
Thanks, But would you consider this as a waste of money?
>>
>>55296090
Around $300
Basically the HD600, K702 and DT880
>>
>>55296072

I can't say that I've ever seen measurements for the e50 or e80, but I've never gone digging, either. Hell, when there's a budget darling, not a lot of people really care about the higher-end offerings, so it's possible that no one has bothered yet.

I can only recommend the e80 based on personal experience, and the bias that comes with it. They sound pretty neutral-to-balanced to my ears, they're comfy and they go for about $55 US. If someone wants an IEM that seems to fit that bill, I recommend them.

If their budget is ~$100 US, we're just going to point them to the RHA MA750. I can't recommend it, because I have never tried them, but I know that they're well reviewed and received.

It's not a matter of shilling all the time.
>>
>>55296133
Perfect. How do they all compare? It seems like the HD600 and the K702 outperform the 880. Which would you recommend?
>>
>>55296157
I personally like the HD600 the most.
>>
>>55296123
I don't know. I think HyperX Cloud just feel lifeless and flat, not neutral, just lifeless and has no details and is not analytical. I think my HD681 is more detailed.

It's a good headset but it has small pads wtf.
>>
>>55296090
G930 can be defeated by many pairs of cans.
Don't get suckered into the 7.1 surround meme.

All 3 would beat the G930 silly. Audio-Technica's AD700X ($100) has a great soundstage, but it is an open headphones and bass isn't what you'd get this set for.
>>
>>55296222
It'd be helpful if you filled out the purchasing advice form.
>>
>>55296222
Closed headphones right? are you gaming loud LAN events? Do you take the cans with you on the road? This is important.
>>
File: IMG_0776.jpg (50 KB, 650x452) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.jpg
50 KB, 650x452
>>55296299

Understandable.

>>55296305

I no longer game really. Just music. I travel between America and Europe frequently. Actually, I attend uni in europe.

>Budget
Around $200
>Location
USA, Germany
>Source
Computer, Phone, Mac. Can get DAC if necessary
Closed headphones that encompass the ear like the G930s
>Comfort level
High, but comfort ultimately isnt too important
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral, I listen to mostly classic rock, funk, jazz, classical
>Past headphones
Old Sennheisers and bose on the ear headphones, G930s, apple earbuds
>>
>>55296382
M40X or M50X.

If you don't mind trying on ears I'd strong suggest you take a look at the Senn HD25-1 II.
>>
>>55296382
MSR7
>>
>Budget - $150
>Location - California
>Source - Computer/Cell Phone
>Preferred type of headphone - supra-aural (on ear)
>Open or closed - Open
>Comfort level - lightweight and portability most important. No bigger than Grado SR60
>Preferred tonal balance - neutral to bright. Used mostly for folk music in FLAC. Soundstage very important
>Past headphones - Ultrasone DJ1-Pro, Equation RP-21, Sony MDR-7506, Plantronics Backbeat Go.
>>
I'm a super happy owner of the amazing K702, but since everyone here seems to consider the HD600 as the best full-sized open headphone around, I'm curious to hear their sound. Before pulling the trigger on them I need some infos:
1) can a Fiio E10K drive them properly? This amp is supposed to drive headphones having no more than 150 Ohm impedance and also Nwavguy suggested to not use it with high-impedance heapdhones.
2) is 285/304 € a good price for a pair of new HD600?
>>
>>55294161
Most turntables output a very low level signal straight from the cartridge. Most older amps have a 'phono' audio input that has its own preamplifier to bring it up to line level before feeding it to the preamp and power amp stages in your integrated amplifier. If your DTA doesn't have a 'phono' input, you'll need to consider getting a dedicated turntable preamp to boost the signal.
>>
File: 1465851205027.jpg (118 KB, 768x600) Image search: [Google]
1465851205027.jpg
118 KB, 768x600
>>55296496

How do the K702s compare to the MSR7s?
>>
>>55296496
>can a Fiio E10K drive them properly?
Yes as they are about as sensitive as the K702 if not a bit higher. If your K702 are driven properly with the E10K, so can the HD 600.
>This amp is supposed to drive headphones having no more than 150 Ohm impedance
That doesn't mean anything.
>also Nwavguy suggested to not use it with high-impedance heapdhones.
He didn't test or measure the E10K. He tested E10, an older model which had considerably less power output.

Also did he really say something like that? He probably meant that as "this device might not have enough voltage output to drive low sensitivity headphones". If everything else is kept the same, higher impedance just requires more voltage but voltage sensitivity is not based on impedance alone. If your amplifier can't output enough voltage, the headphones will simply be quiet. Low impedance loads are more troublesome as they draw more power which leads to higher distortion, higher temperatures and in the extreme cases can damage your amplifier(not a problem with headphone loads really).
>is 285/304 € a good price for a pair of new HD600?
Quite good.
>>
AKG 701 , Sennheiser 598 or Audio Technica MX50 ?
>>
>>55293349
Get authentic Samsung Galaxy pack-in earbuds. They sound great and are dirt cheap.
>>
>>55296587
> even set to high gain, the E10 is marginal for having enough output for many popular full size cans like the Sennheiser HD650/600. If you listen at “live” levels to highly dynamic music the E10 can easily clip with such cans
> When looking at headphone reviews on InnerFidelity, look for a 90 dB SPL voltage of 0.15 Vrms or less (up to 0.25 Vrms might be OK if they’re high impedance and you don’t like loud levels). For headphones rated in dB/V look for a rating of at least 106 dB. For headphones rated in dB/mW things get more complex

Nwavguy is talking about E10, maybe for E10K things are different?

Technically, HD600 has a lower sensitivity than K702, even though Tyll's measurements tell a different story. I wonder if his measurements are totally reliable after all....
>>
>>55296759
E10K is different.

As for measurement of sensitivity, it depends on the method. Is it an average sensitivity between some specified frequency range? Or is it just a sample at, for example, 1 KHz. Voltage sensitivity defines frequency response and because of this the sensitivity could differ quite a bit depending on where the sample is taken. Headphone response is usually far from linear.
>>
>>55297203
HD600 sensitivity: 97 dB/V @ 1kHz
K702 sensitivity: 107 dB/V @ kHz
These are the nominal sensitivity values.
>>
>>55297908
1 kHz*
>>
I'm considering buying an AKG K702 and a Fiio E10K, but I have speakers that connect to my PC via a 3.5mm jack. Is there any way I can keep 'em all connected without having to pull cables all the time? Do I need to buy extra cables?
>>
>>55298036
Pretty sure the E10k has a 3.5mm line out.
>>
>>55298062

So I use the front 3.5mm for the k702s, and the rear for the speakers, and need a coax to 3.5mm cable to connect it all to pc?
>>
>>55298076
E10k connects via USB which should be supplied in the box so just use whatever cable you're using to connect your speakers to the line out of the E10k instead of your PCs jack.
>>
>>55298099

ah, thanks for the clarification, I assumed the USB port was for power only.
>>
>>55298153
Yeah, the coax isn't an input but an output.
>>
>>55296759
Nwavguy is erring severely on the side of excessive power as far as headamps go, to the point that your eardrums would probably give up before your electronics would.
>also Nwavguy suggested to not use it with high-impedance heapdhones
He seems to have started his own misconceptions that he might have hoped a more thorough reader would not make.

>>55296759
>>55297908
>HD600
97 dB/mW or 102 dB/1V at 1 kHz.
>K702
105 dB/1V with no reference frequency given. Likely at 500 Hz.
>>
>>55294879
Interesting. I read this comment on every one of the headphones forums, including this one. I haven't done any careful tests yet about whether the amp helps the sound quality on this headset, but certainly the "power hungry" thing is wrong. I'm a little surprised, given the consistency of this advice.
>>
>>55296157
hd600 and k702 are popular here, perhaps k702 slightly more. On most other forums, seems hd600 win out. dt880 appear less, but are no doubt excellent.

I have the k702 and love them, but I also am a fan of the akg sound and did not do a direct comparison against the hd600.
>>
>>55292135
>>55298369
>standard gain switch
The 2.5/6.5x setting or the unity/3.3x? Did you get it with the ODAC?
People tend to severely overestimate the power and voltage that they actually need for an application.
Here's an alternate question for you, could you go without the O2 amplifier?
>>
>>55292135
It's low impedance low sensitivity, with some older amps they are hard to drive.
>>55294925
HD202 is fine, HD201 is shit.
>>55296157
HD600 > DT880 > K702.
>>
File: 1465833614838.jpg (144 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1465833614838.jpg
144 KB, 572x303
What affects voltage sensitivity of audio transducers? Impedance is definitely a factor but what else is there?
>>
File: Voltage_sensitivity.png (2 KB, 474x42) Image search: [Google]
Voltage_sensitivity.png
2 KB, 474x42
>>55298647
power sensitivity ;)
>>
File: 1444551454395.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1444551454395.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>55298735
>>
File: 1465989326626.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1465989326626.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>55298781
>>
>>55298520

First I should say I've only had the o2+odac combo for about 2 weeks, and was out of town for most of that (and did not take the o2+odac with me).

I have "medium gain - 1.0x and 3.3x". I never need to use 3.3x.

I have only done limited tests with/without the o2+odac due to my travel. I have not found any music whether the difference is significant. I want to do a serious test before saying anything here. If I get an appropriate cable, I'll be able to switch between o2+odac and onboard audio without having to mess with any plugs, so I'll wait for that to arrive.

What are your own findings?
>>
>>55298895
if you want to do a "serious test", it has to be a blind test
>>
>>55298909
I understand that. After I get the cable (just something to unify the o2+odac and laptop output), I can write a little script that randomly switches between outputs, but doesn't display the choice anywhere. So I'll select a bunch of audio clips, and for each one listen 10 or so times, each time with a randomized source. I'll record what I think and also have the computer record the true source somewhere that I can't see. When it's all done, I'll review the results.

(Of course I also need to match volume levels between the sources, but I can do all that with the script as well.)
>>
>Budget
100€
>>Location
Italy
>Source
PC
IEM
>Preferred tonal balance
Either neutral or slightly warm
>Past headphones
Senns hd 438, Senns hd 598
>>
File: sscl.png (7 KB, 640x101) Image search: [Google]
sscl.png
7 KB, 640x101
>>55298938
sounds like you got the procedure right.
remember that you're allowed to take breaks between trials. i've seen way too many head-fiers blame their results on listening fatigue.
>>
>>55299047
Thanks for pointing that out.

I do plan to do this, though not soon, as I'm traveling a lot right now. I'm genuinely curious about what the dac+amp bring, if anything. The o2 has a very low noise floor (see the innerfidelity measurements), so there should be situations where I can definitively identify a difference, but definitely the jury's out on how much it really affects my listening experience.

On the other hand, my k702 (which I also just received) are drastically more pleasant than my existing headphones (all in $100-$200 range). Indeed, some people made it sound like k702 isn't too much different from k7xx, but I compared them and they are universes apart. I'm honestly quite baffled at how much my findings are not agreeing with most of what I read (most of what I read is: k702 need dac/amp, and k702 and k7xx hardly differ, mainly a bass boost if anything).

Perhaps it just comes down to what people listen to, I'd rather believe that than everyone having cotton in their ears.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 443x332
Hey, found a deal of $50 AUD for a Topping TP30 Mark 2 DAC/AMP. I'm using the AT ATH A500 and I'm wondering if it's worth it.
>>
>>55294263
AIMP master race
>>
A surround 7.1 headphones for ~50€ what recommended headphones are good? Mic is optional.
>>
>>55299520
Surround headphones are a meme. Get a HyperX Cloud, which is better, cheaper and has mic included.
Shan't we nominate the HyperX Cloud in each new /hpg/ thread so that people won't stop asking?
>>
>>55299520
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O5CCQK

I do not recommend buying gaming headphones for surround.

I recommend buying a sound card or external sound card with Dolby so that you can configure it to sound awesome. This is if you're mainly using it for movies and games only.

If it's for music. Keep lurking and see what external DAC/Amps people recommend here. I used to own a Xonar DX and sold it a long time ago. Good times.
>>
File: Capture.png (210 KB, 1625x719) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
210 KB, 1625x719
Are these still the best cheap in-ears?

https://amzn.com/B007TRUTZS
>>
>Budget
$60-80
>Location
Serbia
>Source
laptop, phone
full-sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
As comfy as they can be, but sound quality is my priority
>Preferred tonal balance
Whatever's best for black metal, death metal and thrash metal, but a bit bassy sound would be nice
>Past headphones
No headphones, just shitty earbuds
>>
Is it a good idea to buy used headphones?
>>
>>55301031
Why not if they're in good condition and the earpads are replaceable
>>
I'm looking to stop being a colossal piece of shit and get some nice headphones and a DAC (and amp if necessary or beneficial). Right now I'm looking at a NVX XPT100 and FiiO E10K. I'm assuming by now it's readily apparent I have little to no idea what I'm doing. I tried researching it myself but just got confused because I'm stupid. That's why I've come to you. Sorry if it's not Kosher to ask for both a headset and DAC recommendation.
>Budget
$500 flexible for the whole setup. Definitely don't need to spend that much but I wouldn't feel awful doing so if it's worth it.
>Location
Continental US.
>Source
PC through whatever DAC+amp you recommend and possibly a digital piano if I ever decide to get one.
Full-sized.
>Open or closed
Absolutely must be closed.
>Comfort level
Comfy would be nice and I'm willing to throw more money at it for comfy but not so much willing to lose quality. I've got sort of big ears and long hair if it matters.
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral strongly preferred.
>Past headphones
Shitty meme tier Logitech gaymertrash headset I got for free with my mobo, currently held together with duct tape. I don't even use a mic.
>>
>>55301303
Oppo PM-3
skip the DAC and amp
>>
>>55300635
MDR-7506, but they may be above your budget in Yurop

>>55301303
Maybe you should start small
>>
>Budget
$300
>Location
US
>Source
fiio e10k
Full size
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Preferred tonal balance
Warm or neutral
>Past headphones
DT770 Pro 80, ATH-M50, HD25 1-II
>>
>>55301839
Why wouldn't I want a DAC? Wouldn't even a super cheap one would be an upgrade over my mobo's onboard audio?

>>55301893
What do I gain by starting small? The way I see it I may as well jump to the end of the progression starting small would kick off and call it good, rather than waste money building up to it.
>>
File: 1347436788171.jpg (21 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
1347436788171.jpg
21 KB, 400x340
>>55302037
>What do I gain by starting small? The way I see it I may as well jump to the end of the progression starting small would kick off and call it good, rather than waste money building up to it.

Coming from gaymen headsets, 500 is a huge investment for audio and you don't want it to misfire. Maybe you'll be perfectly happy with a 200 dollar setup. And if not, you'll have spent 200 instead of 500.
>>
>>55302037
>Wouldn't even a super cheap one would be an upgrade over my mobo's onboard audio?
it's possible that it won't be the case
>>
>>55302101
Fair enough. I suppose it's difficult to gauge when improvements stop being 'worth it' considering how subjective audio quality is.
Anything you suggest?
>>
>>55302037
>>55302101
I second this.

As discussed above, there are three standard headphones before the cost skyrockets with minimal improvements -- the hd600, the k702, the dt880. All three are different and it's good to get there slowly and discover what you like. For me, for instance, I can certainly say I dislike many of the headphones others say they like...
>>
>>55302249
he asked for closed headphones, you fucking faggot
>>
>>55302137
Oh. Well shit.

>>55302249
I guess I'll start comparing cheaper headphones then.

Thanks for curbing my autism guys.
>>
>>55302299
>>55302324
my bad, closed headphones, but my point still stands: I recommend moving up slowly. let your ears/mind adjust slowly, discover what you like. For me the greatest feeling is hearing new things and getting new chills from music I've heard many times; it's great to hit these with new hardware. enjoy!
>>
>>55302249
>>55302299
>>55302324
>>55302429
also, """"fucking faggot"""" here once again. Don't worry about the amp for now. Avoiding arguments about how much they actually provide, I think no one disagrees that money spent below, say, $500, is better put towards headphones than amps. Only issue may come up is if you consider dt880, where you have a choice of models, some wanting amp.
>>
Im looking at getting a decent audio set up soon and Im not sure what I need for general use and ttrpg with voip. Heres my list so far:
Sennheiser HD 558
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface (6i6?) / Steinberg UR22 (?)
AT2020
>>
File: 1463385583387.jpg (533 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463385583387.jpg
533 KB, 1280x720
Can anyone recommend me a pair of in-ears for someone who hates in-ears? Whenever I use them, they inevitably get itchy even with regular cleaning.

>Budget
<$200 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
GS4
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Durability and comfort are what I'm looking for.
>Preferred tonal balance
Flat
>Past headphones
Old-style Apple earbuds
Shure SRH840
GS4 stock in-ears
V-Moda XS
>>
>>55302600
Get some type that comes with lots of tips, and try them all.

I swear by the etymotic hf5's, but recently swapped out the kinds of tips I use. I still get some itchiness though. The etymotics go quite far in the ear canal; on the other hand, the sound better than the other shit I've tried that are shallower.
>>
>>55302600

I have the RHA 750's, absolutely love them. They have some roll-off at the end, but quite balanced sound overall to my ears. Also, to me they are comfortable.
>>
What do guys think about the Shure se215 IEM?
>>
>>55302738
I used to use a variety of shure IEMs before I tried etymotics and decided they were more accurate. That was about 10 years ago, though (oldfag here).
>>
Need help. Not sure what will be a set of open cans that ventilate well, don't pinch on ears, have a soundstage better than closed cans such as M-100 and would play nice with boompro.

>Budget
$400
>Location
Canada
>Source
computer,
full-sized
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
comfy

Should I stay away from Fidelio X2? M50x and V-moda's stuff are both fine to me sound wise.
>>
>>55302905
Fidelio X2 has a decent soundstage and it's comfy for a lot of people, but bear in mind that it's not the best headphone at its price point in terms of sound balance. Fidelio X2 is also quite heavy (nearly 400g), then this factor should be taken into consideration. A computer can drive it wlel though. Didn't you consider anybother headphones? Something like Sennheiser HD558 or Philips SHP9500 might be better for you and they are much cheaper than Fidelio X2.
>>
>>55299030
RHA MA750
>>
>>55296157
HD600: mid-bassy, soft treble, mellowy, it's the most expensive.
DT880: slight V-shaped sounding. The 600 Ohm version is moderately expensive and it's the only version you should consider, it needs a good amp.
K702: slight emphasis on upper-mids and mid-treble, very pleasant soundstage, pretty accurate for the rest, it can work well even without a dedicated headphone amp. It's the cheapest.
>>
I was thinking about getting a better amp for my HD650's. I get much better sound through my AV receiver than through my Nuforce udac icon3. Budget : 300€, I live in Finland but I can order it from anywhere in the EU

Suggestions?
>>
>>55303472
> HD650
No amp will improve the sound of that monster
>>
>>55303064
I don't mind considering the Sennheisers, although it sucks that they got no detachable 3.5mm jack so I must get a modmic.

I don't really connect straight to PC. Currently I use this Creative E5 as well as a Fiio E17 for DAC.
>>
>>55303616
Sorry I forgot about the Vmoda. HD558 have detachable cable though, you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>Budget
Less than €20
>Location
Italy
>Source
PC
Full size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter
>>
>>55302905
I have a V-Moda M80 and really liked the L2, sounds nice and it's sturdy, also fits the boompro, but the L2 is much cheaper than your budget, can only assume X2 to be at least just as good, probably better.
>>
>>55302738
bass is too muddy no matter how you wear them and with what tip, the stiff over the ear cable is a hassle. there are better offers in that price range.
>>
Are there any IEM's with quality as good as the hf5's with an inline mic that works with android?
>>
>>55304725
etymotic makes it themselves, the hf2.

I was an hf5 user for years, and got the hf2 a few months back. I'm extremely pleased with them.
>>
>>55304801
i'm reading about them now... are they really just the hf5's but with a mic? it doesn't seem like the spec between them is any different.
>>
>>55304813
yes
>>
>>55304888
well shit.

looks like they're hard to find on the internet these days. gonna pick some up if i can find some within 150.
>>
>>55304813
yes, quality is superb, just like hf5.

Indeed, etymotic seems to have done some tuning since my last pair of hf5's, so the audio quality is actually improved. (note, I'm a flat response / detail fanatic.)
>>
>>55304995
my only experience with higher quality audio is with shure se215's which were too bassy in my opinion, and m50's, which people say are also bass heavy, but have been more neutral than anything i've ever used before. i want something more similar to my m50 experience than the nasty bass heavy shit most lower end audio uses to cover up the fact that the quality is shit. your description makes me want them even more now.
>>
>>55305030
/g/ seems to like neutral/flat responses more than other forums, which often seem to like "warm" sounds more.

Make sure you mess around with the tips on the etymotics, as this can affect the sound quality and in particular bass.

anyway they are great headphones and I hope you like them. I actually completely stopped investigating IEMs after I found the hf5's; my few other attempts (shure and hifiman) basically led to wastes of money and misery until they broke and I could by etymotic again.
>>
>>55300596
It's very good but I prefer the Panasonics which are less microphonic, the Panasonics are less clear however.

>>55302558
That can work.

>>55302600
The cheap Panasonics.

>>55302738
Dogshit.

>>55303187
>HD600
>mellow

lol, it's bright. But the least bright when compared to DT880 or K702.

>>55305141
I'm waiting for the ER4SR to be available on amazon.
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (17 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.jpg
17 KB, 425x319
Do the Q701s need a good amp?
>>
>>55302600
>Can anyone recommend me a pair of in-ears for someone who hates in-ears?
You will probably want to avoid the ear dildo etymotics but they're more in line with your preferred flat balance. The other recommended option is the MA750 which have a mild v-shape.
>>
>>55305401
Yes.
>>
>>55305401
No.
>>
Is flat frequency response a meme?
>>
>>55305141
Would you recommend the normal flange tips or something else? I'm going to be using them for commuting and the occasional run, just want to keep em in my ear if I'm bouncing around.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (20 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
20 KB, 291x287
>>55305474
>>55305485

thanks /g/
>>
File: can't take it anymore.jpg (101 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
can't take it anymore.jpg
101 KB, 1024x1024
>DT880 right driver rattling after 2 years of purchase

What can i do?
>>
>>55305401
Maybe
>>
>>55305501
it's just a matter of personal preference
>>
>>55305518
remove the hair stuck in them
>>
>>55305216
yeah, er4sr will be great (lols @ er4xr), but I use my IEMs while walking around and traveling/flying, and don't feel like moving out of the hf2/hf5 cost bracket for that.

>>55305507
for running, wouldn't you want to use some cheap shit that you can hear through so that you don't die? etymotics get a pretty good seal.

for commuting / etc., just experiment with the ones that come with them. I myself have switched around some. For years I used foams, but eventually have gone back to the flange thingies.

>>55305515
buy them without the amp then decide, maybe borrow a friend's or something. Seriously though, it won't matter. just compare volume on them to other headphones at the same settings. and no amp drastically changes color/quality (unless it does so badly..).
>>
File: 1459615608623.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1459615608623.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>55305546
>>
>>55305626
Hah. I'd be running on a track down the street from me. I've tried the cheap shits but they annoy me and none of them fit good. Thanks Brah
>>
File: IMG_20160628_174422065.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_174422065.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>55305554
Fuck you. Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

I'm never listening to /g/ ever again in my life
>>
File: SLWIDL.jpg (226 KB, 357x400) Image search: [Google]
SLWIDL.jpg
226 KB, 357x400
>>55305653
>>
I just spent $100 on Shure SE215 and I can't seem to figure out how to pop these in in a single swift movement, thinking about returning these. Please make webm demonstrating how to plug them in
>>
>>55305713
You're dumb to destroy the driver.
>>
Please help me here guys, I've got 100$ (USD) to spend on an IEM, which would you buy? I mostly listen to bands like Coil and Deepchord
>>
>>55305805
MA750.
>>
>>55305507
I wouldn't run with Etymotic IEMs. The microphonics would be too severe and outside noise would be completely blocked. Get some cheap shit to run with.

>>55305749
Just fix the memory wire around your ears, I can insert it in about a second per side. But you should return them because it sounds like shit.
>>
>>55305785
They said in head-fi i'd come right off but mine was glued in place
>>
I got a pair of Sony MDR-XB950BT coming in the post in the next 2 days, I've heard good things about them so far, has anyone else had them? Opinions?
>>
File: ahuZ19M.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
ahuZ19M.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>55305745
>>
>>55305839
Is that a dirt clod molded into a condom?
>>
>>55305839
Back to /b/ with you!
>>
>>55294338
M40x is generally known to be more neutral than the M50x. The M50x has a bit boomier, punchier bass than the M40x.
>>
Give me your thoughts about the Sennheiser HD518

Is it better than a japanese rubber pussy which would allow me to roleplay fucking a teen and get to experiment something better than my hand or a dudes mouth?
>>
>>55298895
Unity means 1x voltage multiplication, a 0 dB change in output from input.
The ODAC outputs 2V, as is typical of line out. 2V is a pretty large amount of voltage swing for a headphone, and amounts to a very high playback level even into the K700 series headphone. It would be mildly unexpected if you actually did use the higher gain.

I don't necessarily advise ABX tests, not unless you want to prove/assert something to someone (including yourself). Just plug the headphone into another one of your usual devices and see if it is to your liking.

>>55305713
>>55305822
That's not how you're supposed to remove the drive unit. Did you actually tear out the membrane?!
>>
>>55303659
>>55303616
>>55303064

>>55302905 here. I just tried the Sennheiser HD 800 with my Creative E5 (I bet audio snobs might be laughing at me for going into a hifi shop to do this.), and I really liked the soundstage. It's not really a typical Sennheiser sound though.

I don't really know how to describe it. What should I do to find a set of cans within that $400 mark which sounds something like that? With such a soundstage and all. Audioquest Nighthawk in comparison doesn't seem to have that kind of definition going for it, and that thing is not $400 as you know.

I could just be biased.
>>
>>55306023
DT880.

Also:

>soundstage
>real
>>
File: mdrv6.jpg (145 KB, 1090x1500) Image search: [Google]
mdrv6.jpg
145 KB, 1090x1500
Just picked up a perfectly good used MDR-V6 for $10 from the local goodwill. The pads are bit worn off, so I might need to replace them later on. Any good cheap replacements for earpad?
>>
File: canvas.png (429 KB, 543x519) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
429 KB, 543x519
these are literally the best deal in headphones ever.

>$25 on sale
>bought them August 2015
>throw them all over the place
>wrap the cord around them when i put it away every night
>taken them camping
>slept with them on rolling around all night

Almost July 2016 and they are still as good as new.

Bass is excellent above all, mid and treble and adjusted for music listening basically.
>>
What is the new line of iems audio technics released? It's like a newer version of imo line.
>>
Kinda related to the the thread

Would a focusrite itrack (was considering the 2i2, but I can't get behind the black/red gaymur aesthetic) be good for hooking up speakers, an xlr mic and my akg k553 pros to my pc? I know it has all the needed ports, but would I need additional shit? I'm a total noob when it comes to this shit
>>
>>55306128
back in the day, there were some beyerdynamic pads that fit the 7506, and thus probably the v6. maybe google it?

I did the swap when my pads died, was super pleased; they were comfier than the originals.
>>
>>55306128
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016MF7W2

they're good but not that cheap, well worth it though
>>
File: digital.jpg (163 KB, 348x429) Image search: [Google]
digital.jpg
163 KB, 348x429
>>55306599
Steinberg UR22 Mk II

Essentially the competitor for the cheaper Scarletts. It's a good product but the headphone output lacks power for very insensitive models. Your K553 will be fine.
>>
>>55306599
Get a sound card. USB interfaces always have jitter and popping.
>>
>Budget
I don't have one. Sky's the limit.
>Location
US
>Source
PC, primarily for to play video games
Full sized
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
I plan to use them 5 hours a day at an absoloute most, so moderately I guess. Usually around 2-3 though
>Preferred tonal balance
I don't know enough to have an opinion
>Past headphones
$10 headphones from WalMart. Only thing I liked about them was they were cheap.

The only other thing I would like is a detachable cable on them because I've killed many because of it.
>>
>>55295836
Finally!! An xb1000 owner. How are they? Any thoughts comparing them to a can like the xb700 or ultrasone pro 900?
>>
>>55307160
MrSpeakers ETHER
>>
>>55307038

Oh shit this looks cool, thanks anon
What do you think about the less expensive UR12? https://www.amazon.com/Steinberg-UR12-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B00QY4RLRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467155868&sr=8-1&keywords=Steinberg+UR12

I have the money either of them, but I don't know if I'd make use of the extra ports, or if its much better than the others
>>
>>55307146
I have pic related, it never skips, jitters or pops. I also installed the right driver so that's probably why.
>>
>>55307206
Will probably be just fine if it's anything close to the bigger model. I hadn't heard about that before.
>>
>>55303187
the unbelievable k702 shilling here.
>>
>>55307160
sennheiser orpheus
>>
>>55290273

>Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.

WTF? Smarmy cunts.
>>
File: playnarpurgatory.png (718 KB, 1473x1308) Image search: [Google]
playnarpurgatory.png
718 KB, 1473x1308
>>55307193
>orthos
lol
>>
File: 1465763500944.jpg (172 KB, 1148x796) Image search: [Google]
1465763500944.jpg
172 KB, 1148x796
>>55307392
Don't pay too much attention to the OP. Like a lot of generals, it's not agreed on in the thread. Ask away if you wish but put a bit effort into it or have an interesting question. Otherwise most people here won't even bother replying as it's likely that the same question about the same headphone has been asked ten times over. It's either that or shills/shitposting. For recs use the template.

Cunt.
>>
>>55307377

Seriously, the Q701 and K7XX line sounds like absolute shit, I feel like people shill it because it's their first expensive headphone and don't know any better.
>>
>>55305507
Etys are built around a deep fit. Deep fit in-ears tend to not fall out. Having said that, Ety cables make a dreadful amount of contact noise, and the design frustrates an over-ear fit to reduce it. At least the fit help the occlusion effect a bit.
Strictly speaking, HF5 is a bit on the dark side, just like the ER-4P, but a little impedance adapter can fix that (just like ER-4P).

Other popular tips that fit Etys:
Comply T-100 and P-series, Westone Star (silicone) and True-fit (foam), Shure black foam (also called olives), Monster Supertips, and Spin fit narrow. I suggest the foams/Comply.

>>55307160
Things with a decent build, sound decent, with good fit?
Mr Speaker Ether and Ether Closed, Senn HD 800 and 800 S, and the electrostatic Stax SR-009.
They're divisive, but they should fit the bill.
>>
>>55307475
don't most people love beats and other bass-heavy, low-quality headphones? k7xx is probably familiar for them.

anyway, k702 master race reporting in
>>
>>55307525

Are you somehow saying the K7XX series are bass-heavy?
>>
>>55306890
That seems expensive. More than 2.5x what I paid for headphone kek.

I'll see if I can find something cheaper yet still comfortable and good.
>>
>>55307578
they are very bass-heavy compared to the k702 and the IEMs and other headphones I currently use.

I haven't tried a standard bass-heavy headset in years so maybe I shouldn't comment
>>
>>55307652

Woah, I didn't realize the K7XX was actually a thing, I was just using that to encompass the K701 and K702, and all other variants of it.

Interesting.
>>
>>55307620
$2.80 ebay replacement.

A month long shipping but cheap as fuck.
>>
>>55307694
that's what I thought too, originally.

the hype and marketing surrounding k7xx are really baffling:

They have extremely high praise and reviews.
They are treated like a limited edition thing, but massdrop spits them out every other week or so.
They are ambiguously marketed as somewhere between k702 and k712.

I have no idea how people with actual headphone knowledge are being silenced on these things. They do not sound like akg headsets, and they have massive amounts of bass. I bought them since I didn't manage to hit upon the small amount of dissenting opinions, /hpg/ being one of the only places you can read them. I resold them on ebay within 24 hours, completely horrified at their atrocious sound.

I'm still weirded out by the whole thing. I guess it is a cash ploy by akg and massdrop. Friends told me about massdrop, but now I'm creeped out by it.
>>
>>55307392
>>55307451
I didn't put that in the OP pasta, and I can only speak for myself, but I don't like being asked to rubber stamp someone's poor purchasing choices.
However, since we don't list the recommended sets in the OP anymore, I do find myself somewhat more sympathetic to people asking as of late. As long as you make the effort to make the question interesting with enough to go on.

On the topic of guides, we should do something about the Earphones guide, come up with new things to add.

>>55305954
Eh, probably not.
Music can at least help set the mood, and doesn't need so much cleaning.
>>
>>55307773
Are you high? bass is decent but not great on the k7xx's. If anything its their biggest downfall
>>
File: 1453182262214.gif (867 KB, 350x391) Image search: [Google]
1453182262214.gif
867 KB, 350x391
Lads, how do you like the DT770 Pro 250 Ohm variant? I need a decent closed pair. What's a cheap amp I can pair it with?.
>>
>>55308024
compared to k702, it's massive bass.

anyway they are trash
>>
Koss Porta Pro's are fucking great

I have the AKG 475's and they have taken over but theres something about the porta pros they kind of just shine. They changed my view on audio equipment completely, just because you have a budget does not mean you cannot have great sound, I remember the time when I first heard them as it was so good.
>>
>>55308088
AKG K451 *
>>
If my mobos onboard amp says its rated to 600 Ohms, can I use a 600Ohm heaphone without the dire need of an amp
>>
>>55307168
The XB1000 easily have some of the best sub bass in a headphone. the XB700 is very mid bass oriented as opposed to sub bass, i wouldn't know about the ultrasone though
>>
>>55306023
Save up and buy the HD800. Seriously they're nothing special and that soundstage you heard won'tbe there anymore if you own it. What you experienced is your first time hearing it. It's very analytical and that's it. If you use them at low volumes you may perceive the he soundstage sound pretty wide. If you buy them they're just analytical and soundstage is a meme. There'sn no such thing as soundstage.
>>
I've got a pair of M-50xs that I've had for a couple years now, but I've always used them with my desktop/laptop's built-in audio hardware.

What cheap (under $150 for the amp/DAC), semiportable (not necessarily pocket sized, but something I could disconnect/move around without fucking up my whole desk setup) amp/DAC setup would you guys recommend for me?

I'd prefer that it be connected with standard audio connecitons (3.5mm, 1/4", optical, even DMX) rather than USB, but I'm open to anything.
>>
>>55295956
I remember getting them in like 2012
they sounded fucking amazing, but I'm prone to ear infections so i had to get rid of them after a couple of months for my own sake
>>
>>55309802
>>55306050
Ok. I will go back and listen to this again. Sorry, I don't know shit about what I really should be doing.

I actually compared the M-100 with ATH-M50x, and it's not as comfortable as the M-100. I am ok with the sound actually. Both M50x and M-100 feel as if I am listening to headphones. It's just that HD800 made me think otherwise.
I also tried the Noble 5 IEM, and I like how that I can pick out more details, for lack of better words.
>>
>>55295956
the worst recent shilling I saw was when that schiit dac got some new fucking chip, and there was that fake thread on SBAF where someone guessed it was inside ... fucking maximum lels
>>
so whats the word on HyperX Revolvers?
i see their price has come down to match the cloud 2s. Better or worse than cloud 2?
>>
>Budget
<$200 pref <$150

>Location
Australia

>Source
PC, Phone, iPod classic

Over ear

>Open or closed
Don't know yet, one that compliments my current headphones

>Comfort level
Would prefer comfort

>Preferred tonal balance
Dunno

>Past headphones
Brainwavz HM 5
Koss Porta Pro
Alessandro ms1

what do y'all think?
>>
>>55310822
You didn't specified FR, so:
DT880: V-Shape, semi-open (but sounds pretty much like open)
Fidelio L2: warm, semi-open, detachable cable
AD900X: mid-centric/bright, open (great stage)

All very comfortable, each bearing a particular signature to better suit your needs.
>>
>Budget
$500
>Location
Australia
>Source
fiio e10k
full sized over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
medium
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral
>Preferred music
Hip hop, classical
>Past headphones
portapros
>>
How good are Logitech Headsets? Could I get some recommendations? Mine just stopped working and I need a new pair. In the case that Logitech headsets are shitty:

>Budget
$100
>Location
US
>Source
PC
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Any
>Comfort level
Any
>>
>Budget
~$30
>Location
US
>Source
Cell phone/tablet
>Type
IEM
>Comfort level
high
>Past headphones
Urbanears Plattan
JBL Synchros S500

Thanks a bunch
>>
>>55311467
piston 3
>>
>>55311474
thanks again
>>
>>55311474
Where can I find piston 3s that are confirmed real?
>>
>Budget
$30-50
>Location
Costa Rica
>Source
Cellphone
Full Size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Whatever
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
A Shitton of Philips SHL3000
SONY MDR-E9LP
>>
bluetooth
>>
Is there anything you guys would recommend for a closed cup that's better than the MSR7's but cheaper than the PM-3?

I really can't justify the eurotrash price on the Oppos. Amazon germany sells then for 500+ euro and the britbong one doesn't deliver them to my location
>>
>>55312068
Oppos are 362euro at jvb digital. Idk how much shipping will add.

If not perhaps NAD Viso HP50 has good graphs but I've never listened to them pesonally
>>
>Budget
35$/30€
>Location
Germany
>Source
Smartphone MP3 & FLAC
IEM
>Comfort level
Shouldn't hurt
>Preferred tonal balance
balanced/neutral
>Past headphones
Xiaomi Piston 2, liked them a lot besides being uncomfortable for weeks until I didn't care anymore

Cannot decide between those:

Brainwavz Delta
Brainwavz Jive
Xiaomi Hybrid
>>
>>55311718
tinydeal sells legit ones
>>
>>55311900
>>
Need some advice, Tascam TH-02 or Takstar HD2000 ?
>>
>>55312934
preferences? Using the template helps
>>
>>55313003
>Budget
below $40
>Location
Indonesia
>Source
computer
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
any
>Preferred tonal balance
any
>Past headphones
any
>>
>>55313039
Tascams
>>
>>55312190
Thanks, anon, Ill look into the NATs.

As for the site, it showed me a price of 436. If uts with import ill still be ruined.
>>
>>55312273
Hybrid isn't really balanced or neutral. Piston 3s would be more neutral.
>>
Hey guys my current pair of headphones are Hyper X Clouds, should I upgrade?
>>
>>55313917
Sidegrade? No.

Above $200 upgrade? Yes. What headphone? HD600 and Objective 2 amp.
>>
>Budget
100€ and flexible, can stretch out over 200 if it's REALLY worth it
>Location
Lithuania, will be to Israel this summer and can purchase there
>Source
Nexus 5X
IEMs
>Comfort level
Wouldn't really accept less comfort if the sound is a little better
>Past headphones
Freebie Samsungs (EO-HS3303WE-1), Xiaomi Pistons, LG HBS-750.
(Liked LG's most, Pistons almost as much, Samsungs were shit)

Also have to add this in. I'm not really that into sound quality or something, not an audiophile in any way, but I'm fully willing to splash out on quality.

Maybe it's the way I treat electronics, although I don't know really, not that I tossed them in the laundry or slammed them with a sledgehammer or anything, maybe something else, but my cheapskate IEMs usually last me about half a year, a year if I'm lucky.

I do recklessly twist the cable or drop them on the floor, but that doesn't happen on even a monthly basis.

I'm willing to really splash out on something durable, two years of service at least, and a nice warranty policy would also be welcome.
>>
>>55314312
MA750.
>>
>>55307377
Nah, just my listening impressions, of which I'm sure that most people would agree with me.

>>55307475
>Seriously, the Q701 and K7XX line sounds like absolute shit
Your opinion, man. Did you hear them or are you just talking out of what people say here?
> , I feel like people shill it because it's their first expensive headphone and don't know any better.
I had a Fidelio X2 before the K702, despite being more expensive it simply didn't have the same detail and accuracy as the K702. Both DT880 and HD600 are very good headphones, but I simply love the K702 more. Listening to music through the K702 is like moving the ears close to each instrument in the track. Some people hate this feeling and prefer sound walls, I personally love it.

>>55307525
>>55307773
Yeah, K7XX exists solely because people found the K702/Q701/K701 line too lean on the bass region. It was AKG's attempt to create something closer to young people's tastes and it was hyped as fuck by everyone, until someone tried the cheaper Q701/K702 and realized that the most horrible things about them weren't really true.
>>
>>55314347
>MA750
Look nice senpai, but is there an option without a "hook"? Something I wouldn't have to hook up behind my ears. Don't know how to call it properly, but I like minimal contact with my earlobe from my headphones.
>>
>>55314894
The memory wire is light and hardly noticeable while cutting down microphonics.
>>
Could it just be my laptop that's causing the audio in the left ear of my headphones to be slightly quieter? I've heard that sound cards can do that.
>>
>Budget
below 200$
>Location
Norway
>Source
Desktop, Laptop and Mobile
Full sized
>Open or closed
Any
>Comfort level
Any

I'm after a multi-purpose headset. It shouldn't be too heavy or too big, since I'll walk around with them. This may be looked down upon,, but I like Wireless headsets. I've had a few earlier and i was always more practical. It does not matter if it is wireless or not though.

10.>Past headphones
>>
>>55315414
why do you want a headset?
>>
>Budget
300 dollars
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone and soundcard in computer
Full size over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High
>Preferred tonal balance
V shaped
>Past headphones
Logitech ue6000 (broke but was my fav)
Plantronics backbeat pro
>>
File: IMG_20160629_135404.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_135404.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Bought new headphones. Bretty good I must say.
>>
File: 1448149268985.gif (138 KB, 576x325) Image search: [Google]
1448149268985.gif
138 KB, 576x325
>>55315643
>three humps
>>
File: 1466890802836.png (172 KB, 432x391) Image search: [Google]
1466890802836.png
172 KB, 432x391
>>55315755
Excuse me?
>>
File: 1459866994706.png (35 KB, 1632x1172) Image search: [Google]
1459866994706.png
35 KB, 1632x1172
>>55315809
>>
File: 900x900px-LL-aeea94b5_IMG_8969.jpg (78 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
900x900px-LL-aeea94b5_IMG_8969.jpg
78 KB, 675x900
o shit waddup
>>
>>55315902
I vaguely remember reading that the gear is the nigga's and not Gordon Ramsay's, which fucking ruined the picture.
>>
>>55315980
Only a nigga would love a super-bassy no-mids 1000$ open headphones and use it outside.
>>
File: 71Jog--JXRL._SL1500_.jpg (172 KB, 1177x1500) Image search: [Google]
71Jog--JXRL._SL1500_.jpg
172 KB, 1177x1500
DT880 600 ohm is at its lowest price.
Should I buy it?
I already own a 250 ohm. What's the difference?
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-880-Premium-600-Headphones/dp/B0024NK35S/

Buy or not buy?
>>
Reference closed full-sized headphone is MDR 7506
Reference open full-sized headphone is HD600
Reference gaming headset is HyperX Cloud I

These ones are the absolute best recommendations for 80% of purchase advices asked here. Please put this in the next OP.
Don't have enough money? Save up till you reach the necessary budget.
Do you have more money? Every more expensive headphone is meme.
Do you want a real sound upgrade over the aforementioned headphones? Get a pair of monitor speakers. Best recommendation: Yamaha HS5, HS7, HS8.

Done.
>>
File: 71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg (144 KB, 1269x1500) Image search: [Google]
71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg
144 KB, 1269x1500
Or DT990 600 ohm is also at its lowest price
Should I buy that one?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Premium-Headphone/dp/B00193FT26/

I already own a DT880 Pro 250 ohm. Help.
>>
>>55316058
Q701 is cheaper and it's easier to drive.
DT880 600 Ohm are better than 250 Ohm but they need a good amp. Good luck.
>>
>>55316121
Why is it better?
>>
>>55316125
Most graphs tell so, bass is more accurate and tighter, highs are less harsh, mids are slightly more present. The DT990 are a straight downgrade from the DT880.
>>
>>55316001
>super-bassy no-mids
Wow, I had a completely different experience when I auditioned them. The mids was awesome with the problem lying in the muffled treble response.
>>
>>55316087
no one cares about your opinion
>>
>>55316125
>Beyer's 32/25/600 ohm versions
It isn't anything that doesn't fall under normal product deviations.
Sometimes there is less treble, sometimes there is more treble, sometimes more bass, sometimes less bass, and for the midrange as well.
Manufacturers struggle to get two headphones of the same model to sound exactly alike. Any sort of comparison between two models intended to be the nearly the same is a job for a statistician.
>>
>>55315643
it's shit
>>
>>55316125
It's not. This might be the tenth time this year we hear the same shit. Refer to >>55316352

>inb4 graphs from GE with anecdotal conclusions of one being better than the other
>>
File: 1460388864945.jpg (3 MB, 5866x3911) Image search: [Google]
1460388864945.jpg
3 MB, 5866x3911
FLAC Internet radio:
mpv https://chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Currently playing anime music. Super secret 4kbit opus stream at https://chiru.no:8080/hardcore.opus
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.