[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My computer broke after my sister spilled salt water on it. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2954x2446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2954x2446
My computer broke after my sister spilled salt water on it.
How much would a decent laptop cost? Preferably one that can run Ark Survival and other high-end games at at least 20 fps.

If possible, post a source, please.
>>
>20 fps

You can play games on that framerate?
>>
File: 1383622430389.png (77 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1383622430389.png
77 KB, 192x154
>after my sister spilled salt water on it.

Tell me more.
>>
>>55289914
Build a custom desktop instead, you can do it for as low as $200 and will have better performance than a $600 laptop.

Post your thread again on /wsr/ and I will help you.
>>
>>55289929
Until the computer I got 3 years ago I played games such as minecraft at 5-20 fps. I played skyrim at below 1 fps for a few weeks before it got too hard.
Now I can run skyrim at 40 fps or so and ark at 10.
I'm not doing too well financially, and I'm trying too save money for some medical things in my family. I won't bother with details, but the only reason I'm spending money on a co mputer at all is games my friends gave me and f2ps are the only fun I can have in my spare time.

>>55289930
She was gargling it because she had a sore throat and left it on a book above my computer when she was talking to me. Technically, I spilt it, but she put it in a spot that when I got out of my chair it vibrated the desk enough to send it spilling down.

>>55289946
Will do, but I need a laptop for my job. Since I can spend hours waitiong there wiout doing shit, I often play video games in the meantime.
>>
>>55290074

pics of sis?
>>
>>55290074
What the fuck
Dude just read books, give up on gaming or get a used ps3
>>
>>55289929
Not him, but I grew up with the idea that choppier framerates = better graphics.

Started with N64, the expansion pack made games more choppy, but they all looked prettier than vanilla graphics. And all the best looking games that didn't need an expansion pack were also choppy, compare Mario 64 to the Zeldas. Mario 64 was silky smooth but Ocarina of Time had way better graphics and therefore slower framerate.

With Game Cube I couldn't stand how 'smooth' so many games were, I thought they felt cheap, ended up like Xbox instead.

Fast-forward to Skyrim on PC. With ENBs I was able to experience 'next-gen' graphics but something wasn't right. IT was still too smooth and still felt cheap. But wait, looks like I can edit the .ini file to lock the framerate to 15 fps! So guess what I did?

I know better now though. >30 FPS is not viable in multiplayer games, [spoiler] only in single-player campaigns. [/spoiler]
>>
>>55290099
I need a laptop for work anyways. It's the only thing I've bought for myself in years. Gives me something to do while waiting at work.
>>
>>55290135
>ended up like Xbox instead.
meant to say, ended up liking Xbox instead. Metroid Prime's FPS was too high for me, Halo's was perfect. Felt like I was playing a movie.

I still don't approve of Halo 5 going 60 FPS, should have stuck with 30 and made the graphics prettier. Now it looks cheaply made.
>>
>>55290135
Interesting, but that's not the reason for me. I'm just able to tolerate bad fps, I suppose.

The main reason I care so much about Ark is because a friend from /int/ started a server for me after he'd seen me seem "down" for a while. I run it even though I can't play it at mo re than 10 fps because I'd feel bad otherwise.
>>
>>55290153
download the books into your laptop then?
>>
>>55290366
My laptop is what's broken...
>>
>>55289914
>after my sister spilled salt water on it
Demand payback in rape dollars.
>>
File: wtf.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>55290074
>I played skyrim at below 1 fps for a few weeks before it got too hard.
>>
>>55291209
Skyrim is an easy game, but it wasn't fun and was hard later on. I played later onwhen I got a good computer.
>>
File: 1467051845723.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1467051845723.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>55289929
7 years and going
I'll build that PC eventually
>>
>>55289914
A8 7600
>>
>>55289914
Free. Because your sister will pay for it. Unless you know you still are living at home and everything you own has been bought by mummy and daddy.

Oh wait...
>>
>>55289914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-JwI0d8f8
>>
>>55289914
>My computer broke after my sister spilled salt water on it.
how the hell did she manage to do that?
she drink salt water or something?
>>
Give your sister the D for revenge
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.