[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I use Plex as a media server, and I'd like to try and get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: gappy.png (63 KB, 337x286) Image search: [Google]
gappy.png
63 KB, 337x286
I use Plex as a media server, and I'd like to try and get it set up for my anime too. The nature of how anime seasons work compared to how Plex recognizes TV shows means I'll have to rename and shuffle some folders around. Anime seasons generally are treated as a new TV shows, instead of an extension of a currently existing one. Which in itself isn't a problem because I have a program which will automate that, but doing so will fuck up my torrent seeding.

Is there a way to make a "duplicate" of a file that I can rename and move into my Plex folder for Plex to read, without actually having two versions of the same file taking up double harddrive space? Actual shortcuts don't seem to work.
>>
>>55289659
Stop relying on plex like shes your ex.
>>
>>55289754
I haven't found a decent alternative yet. Not one that can stream to a PS3 with a Netflix-like app.
>>
Might be easier to just move them and update their location that the torrent client has.
>>
Plex and anime is a pain in the ass. Honestly don't even bother its designed for movies and normie tv.
>>
search for "my animelist agent" and "babs-better absolute scanner" and you never have to rename shit again

You can thank me later
>>
>>55290136
proof

and it works good with really long animes but I don't have these anymore and just put those in for testing purpose
>>
>>55290176
>You can thank me later
I'll thank you now: thanks buddy.
>>
>>55289809
Emby
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.