[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Optimum sue me for infringing on copyright laws in the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Will Optimum sue me for infringing on copyright laws in the US?
>>
>>55289520
No ISP has ever sued anyone for that because they do not give a fuck. You get sued by the copyright holder.
>>
no they can send you cease and desist letters though, and eventually shut off your service. copyright lawyers sometimes go after ISP's and the easiest way they can rid themselves with the whole issue is to stop service to you, you'd get a warning first, probably more than one
>>
>>55289582
You can easily avoid this by not downloading torrents the copyright holders are watching. I've gotten 2 notices ever and they weren't even in the mail, they were in the Optimum email account that no one ever signs into.
>>
>>55289520
Underage retard detected.

>can someone sue you for someone else's property?
Your post.

That's like saying you let someone borrow your car, they get into an accident and kill someone, then you try and Sue them for someone else's loss of a family member.

Commit sudoku as quickly as possible pleaae.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.