[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Gaming Headsets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Alright, /g/, I need some advice. I'm looking for a new headset for my PC, and I'm really not sure where to even start. I'm trying to keep it around $100 or less, and I've found a lot of options while browsing Newegg. The problem is, all the reviews on every single headset they list differ wildly, with some people saying "this is the best headset I've ever owned", and others saying "this is absolutely trash that doesn't work." It would be nice if there was some sort of general consensus somewhere down the middle, but this disparity seems to be the case for every single headset on there.

So, /g/, where the hell should I even start? Got any recommendations?
>>
>>55289476
Get the corsair one, is decent.
Also, do your own research.
>>
Get a decent stand alone mic and a decent pair of headphones. Gaymen headsets are a meme
>>
>>55289476
don't get one
>>
>>55289518
/thread
>>
>>55289518
/thread
>>
>>55289518
OP do this, check out headphone general for a bit then get some good cheap ones. Desk mics don't really matter, anything works
>>
>>55289564
you can go try hard and get a yeti or AT2020 but for real it's not necessary unless you are trying to produce something. those aren't even excellent microphones but they are decent enough.

for bullshitting with nerds on teamspeak you don't need to spend that much if you don't want to.
>>
>>55289518

I don't like to push to talk while I'm gaming. The mic would be on constantly, and I have children. Is a stand-alone mic going to cancel any of that out, or are the people on the other end of the line going to hear screaming brats while I'm gaming?
>>
>>55289476
For your budget, HyperX Cloud is the best.
>>
>>55289708
>For your budget, HyperX Cloud is the best.

Cloud, or Cloud 2?
>>
>>55289676
If you'd hear it in the headset you could probably hear it on the desk mic. You can change the sensitivity of both too
>>
>>55289676
you can change the sensitivity in your Voip clients but finding a good balance that will pick up your comfortable speaking voice but not a screaming child across the room might be difficult.

you could get a desk mic with a physical mute button. I don't know if it is pitiful or not that this is my most used feature on my Yeti
>>
>>55289476
look at youtube reviews to get an idea of mic quality.

and since gaming gear is a rip off, consider doing the headphones + stand alone mic combo.

i wanted wireless, so i got a used headset off craigslist for 1/3 of the price of new and it works great.
>>
>>55289476
I have a G430 and if you INSIST on a headset, in my opinion, it is the way to go, or the G230 if you don't care about surround sound.

But recently I just switched to the meme combo of M50X's and a Blue Snowball and it's working...Just as good except my music sounds better and people can hear my MX Blues over Discord.
>>
Step 1: Headphones with good soundstage. Some budget possibilities include: Panasonic RP-HTF600s, Sony MDR7506

Step 2: A mic: Zalman, Blue Snowball, Modmic, or even the fucking USB mic of your webcam

Step 3: Use them together and enjoy your gaymen headset.
>>
Avoid any audio products with the word "gamer" on them.
>>
>>55290468
>or even the fucking USB mic of your webcam

Kek that's What i'm doing since i bought myself the phillips Fidelio x1, everything works great
>>
>>55289676
I use my unused mouse buttons as my ptt buttons. Best part of a 5 button mouse imo
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.