[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Instal 128 gigs of ram > flash my lightweight linux DE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1466708846939.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1466708846939.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
> Instal 128 gigs of ram
> flash my lightweight linux DE from ram
> Enjoy pure speed and minimal latency

Why do you put up with the slow speeds you get from m.2 sata ssd's?
>>
>>55284299

"flash" to ram
>thing that you've read on the internet but don't fully comprehend
>>
>>55284353
> jealous of my pure spees

Fuck off poorfag, I bet you have a low rpm HDD
>>
>>55284353
um excuse me? i'll have you know i installed arch linux so i know what the fuck i'm talking about
>>
sure is summer in here
>>
>>55284299
You can have an OS stay in RAM, but the only OSs I know that do that like Puppy and Tails do so for security reasons. They usually wipe the RAM on reboot too.
>>
>>55284299
>saves time with super fast os
>a few seconds of his life
>still comes on 4chan to spend time bragging about his neckbeard schiebenden
>>
>>55284353
>2016
>not flashing your de from ram

it's like you're trying not to get laid
>>
>>55284518
Those are the only ones that do it by default

You can create a ramdisk in basically any linux distro, and add it to fstab so it'll persist across reboots. Then set applications to cache their shit there and whammo blammo fast town

>>55284527
what else is he gonna do with it? linux isnt good for much else
>>
>>55284560
....Strange, but I can remember running puppy on only 1gb ram, and only about a third was used by the ramdisk.
>Install 128gigs ram
>>
>>55284692
>I can't afford 128GB of RAM so it's stupid.

What's it like being poor?
>>
>>55284715
Do you even use 5% of a lamborghini in the city or freeway or ever?
>>
>>55284715
>what's it like being poor?
It kinda sucks.
>>
>>55284813

You don't drive a Lamborghini in the city or a freeway ever. You drive it to a social event so your rich "friends" can see that you are just as rich as they are.
It's not a car its a social status symbol. Not a shitty Hyundai everyday driver.

Just like this guy he wont use his computer for anything ever. But he will lie abut it on the Internet to get approval
>>
>>55284871
>What's it like being poor?
Well, instead of having really nice things you never use, being poor is like having only 1 (one) really shitty thing that you have to use to get another really shitty thing to replace the shitty thing you already have, ad infinitum.
>>
File: einstein.jpg (61 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
61 KB, 700x350
>>55284813
It only seats two, so you use at least 50% if you use it at all.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.