[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Upgrade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
alright nerds listen up. i got myself a h81m-p33 microatx mobo. only 2 slots for RAM and only one PCI x slot.

should i upgrade to a better microatx board with 4 slots for ram and 2 pci x slots OR should i stop being a bitch and get a new case and a new atx board?
>>
>>55282730
If you put 4690 or 4460 into it you are good to go untill 2020. 2x8GB RAM is enough too. Since CPU usable in this board can support 1x x16 or 2x x8 or 1x x8 and 2x x4 PCIe line setup you are good to go
>>
well i already have all the parts for this setup... was wondering if itd be best to just get a new mobo and add 2 more sticks of ram and then get another r9 280x for crossfire
>>
>>55282783
1. I doubt you need more than 16GB RAM i.e. 2 slots for whatever you are going to do

2. Crossfire and SLI is waste of money and performance. Get single strong GPU instead.
>>
Sounds like your computer is crap senpai. Go for the full upgrade.
>>
Im getting the same mobo this summer. 2x8 gb ram should be enough (at least for me)
>>
you dont think itd be better to get a better mobo and 2 sticks of 4gb ram for around $130?
>>
>>55282872
Honestly? Do whatever the fuck you want, it is your money so why seek for internet approval.
>>
>>55282892
same reason millions of others do, more insight
>>
>>55282812
This. Unless you're doing some heavy photoshop or video editing, you'll never see any practical need for more than 16GB. And SLI is for idiots with money to burn.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.