[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>55268112 this has always bothered me, heat always goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1466951374581.png (51 KB, 380x240) Image search: [Google]
1466951374581.png
51 KB, 380x240
>>55268112
this has always bothered me, heat always goes to the top, why do card manufacturers keep sticking the heatsinks at the botom with all the components right above it (where most of the heat will be)
>>
>>55275148
So it sucks cold air and not warm air you fool
>>
Also, some do put heatsinks on the back.
>>
>>55275245
this makes more sense they should have the current bottom heatsinks at the bottom and at least another one at the top
>>
>>55275262
So then the card can take up 3 slots instead of 2, perfect!
>>
>>55275148
Because heat pipes are orientation agnostic, blowers are highly directional, and pointing the fans down instead of up is just as stupid since heat rises
>>
Let's put all our fans intaking hot air. Next thing I put your CPU radiator as an intake to bring those temps up even more!
>>
File: Original Content DO NOT STEAL.png (16 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Original Content DO NOT STEAL.png
16 KB, 800x600
>>55275148

DESU the whole orientation is wrong.

Heated air rises, right?

Lay motherboards on the horizontal, mount graphics cards vertically on the horizontal motherboards. Fans on top of case above CPU and GPU and to the side (front of blower entrance) so cool air is pulled through the hot and rises/is pulled out.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.