[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Jgb9HnC.jpg (53 KB, 636x382) Image search: [Google]
Jgb9HnC.jpg
53 KB, 636x382
Stupid Questions Thread
Ask them here instead of making a new thread.

At least take a moment to Google it first...

How can I make openvpn choose the server with the lowest load given a certain pool?
>>
Old thread: >>55265111
>>
980ti or 1070?

Upgrading from a 390, they're roughly the same price
>>
>>55274525
What script can I use to make zsh look for certain file format with files that are named differently and remove all of them with the exception of the biggest file?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (52 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
52 KB, 800x800
Are VGA-to-HDMI adapters legit or are they chinky dreams that are not real?
>>
How do I take screenshots of a few hundred .swf files automatically?
>>
Are external GPUs for laptops a meme or do they work?
>>
>>55274920
Just get an .swf extractor. You can open it up and look at everything it has in it.
>>
File: Capture.png (27 KB, 495x439) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27 KB, 495x439
What power supply should I get? Mine is still fine, but I need some extra molex connections and stuff to upgrade my computer a bit and my PSU has modular cables which I lost or threw away all the extras I had at some point. I could just try to buy some extra cables, but I've had it for like 5 years now anyway so I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a new one before this one shits the bed and fries my new computer.

I'm just throwing this same computer into a new """silent""" case, adding a bit more RAM, some more hard drives, and some slick quiet fans. That shouldn't really add much power draw, so I think I want to stick with a 600W like what I have now. Obviously it should be pretty quiet, or that would defeat the purpose of all this. I'm looking at an EVGA 650 GS which looks fine to me at $90, but I really don't know shit about this and I'm willing to accept a better suggestion as long as it doesn't cost a gorillion dollars.

Also, I want 3 case fans. My motherboard has one 3-pin connector and one 4-pin connector for case fans, and the case I'm getting has a fan controller for 3 fans. Should I just put all the fans onto the physical controller, or would it be possible and/or worth it to power all 3 off the motherboard with some sort of splitter so that I can let the computer control them automatically?
>>
>>55274936
How does that help at all?
I need to /screenshot/ all of them..
>>
>>55274525
Is it worth putting OSX on my T420 then Ubuntu ?
>>
>>55274727
I don't know about that one specifically, but there are definitely VGA to HDMI converters out there. You just have to pay attention to what the converter actually does. Some will just convert the analog signal to a digital signal, while others will convert it and upscale it as well. A passable converter+upscaler runs about $30-40, and for a good one the sky is the limit ($300 all the way up to professional stuff for thousands of dollars).
>>
File: 1387587681833.jpg (42 KB, 563x548) Image search: [Google]
1387587681833.jpg
42 KB, 563x548
im having a dilemma

i want to clean up my pc and set it up with a fresh OS (im currently on win 7)

however it seems every option is utterly shit

>hackintosh is a pain to set up
>windows 10 is an invasive botnet
>linux doesnt support the programs that i need

should i just reinstall windows 7 and call it a day? how much of the win 10 botnet is actually true

(using a lot of pirated stuff so im kind of concernced)
>>
>>55274727
they work, however chinky they may be
>>
Is there a /g/ guide to what I should deny/allow, accept/decline, delete when im setting up a new android phone?

Or more specifically a newer samsung model.
>>
>>55275079
if you liked win 7 why switch. you can opt out of win 10 botnet services if you so wish.
>>
>>55275079
>linux doesnt support the programs that i need
Like?
>>
>>55275102
AFwall+
Set it to white list mode.
Only allow things you want to have access.Check xda for services lists
>>
>>55275153

im a bit concerned merely using win 10 with all the de botneting i can get my hands on still gets me fucked

but maybe im paranoid

>>55275195

photoshop, premiere, pro tools

i also play games from time to time
>>
>>55275231
>ps
wine or use gimp and change the keybinds(this is done for you with a simple rar extraction)
>prem
openshot or cinelerra
>tools
ardour
>>
I'm trying to use Calibre to convert epubs to azw3 to put on my Paperwhite (I know), but every time I do so, the spacing changes from the original epub. I've confirmed this by looking at before and afters in the calibre viewer.

How fix?
>>
>>55275291

im running sessions back and forth between my home and the studio im working on which runs on pro tools

learning a new DAW is not feasible
>>
>>55275342
>learning
Well thats your problem right there.
Are you using windows 3.2? Thats when paint was introduced
Why even ask the question if granpa is stuck in his archaic past and ways?
>>
How often should someone purge there drives?
>>
what do windows optional updates consist of
I have 12 of them, are they all trash or could one of them possibly be something relevant
>>
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/BCbwVY

So I'm doing babby's first build (I'll wait for the rx 400 series before purchase to re-evaluate prices ect) and in order to jew out as much money as possible I went with a micro-atx motherboard. How badly will this affect performance, and with a smaller surface area will it need better cooling than a larger motherboard?
>>
Hey there, I got a strange question. I have a wireless tablet that that has storage capabilities on the receiving dongle. Now I would like to use this as a bootable USB (since it's the only USB I have). What I'm wondering is if I were to format it, make it bootable would that mess with the tablet being able to connect to it and not let me use the tablet anymore?

I know its hard for anyone to know this, but I'd like to ask just in case. It's a Huion Giano, I tried googling the subject but I guess I suck at google.
>>
Is there a way to tell if a HDD is on its way out? I'm sick of having hard drives abruptly and catastrophically fail on me without warning.
>>
>>55275529
when you dont need the data?
>>
File: vP9P2Dv.png (21 KB, 117x334) Image search: [Google]
vP9P2Dv.png
21 KB, 117x334
I'm going to assemble a new pc, this time I want to try a positive pressure and hepa filters
how do I know if the intake it's sufficent?

I was thinking to try it in a wind chamber-ish setup revving the fans and putting smoke all around the case to determine the airflow, do you think it's a good idea or there are better way?
thank you

picture is geraldt pendant getting angrier
>>
>>55275645
Sometimes but not reliably.
Reallocated sectors are usually a bad sign.
>>
>>55275079
whether the win 10 botnet is a meme or not it is definitely sending more data back to Microsoft and it definitely removes some user control over the OS (unless you're on enterprise). A lot of this is baked into the OS and can't be turned off. Some of it can. Also the hosts file is not reliable for blocking it, so if you really want to stop it all you'll need something at the network level.

I recommend reinstalling windows 7. You can upgrade to 10 to reserve your key then do a clean install of 7 if you change your mind later on. Unless you have really shitty hardware you're not going to see any performance advantages in 10, and 7 will continue to receive security updates until 2020. DX12 will be better in 10 for gaming, but it will be at least a year until you see significant adoption and performance gains.
>>
File: _IMG_3526.jpg (106 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_3526.jpg
106 KB, 717x960
>>552755721
HDD is shit
Grab an ssd for system,120gb is enough if you're using teh platter for all yoiur data.
Grab 16gb ram.

>jew
>microatx
Using microatx isnt about jewing, if you're not going to use 10 hdd's you dont need a case that has that many options.Pic related
>>
>>55275601
no.
>>
>>55275703
>HEPA filter
>Computer fan intake
No
You're really overthinking things, just get a decent air filter and equal intake and exhaust fans.
>>
File: 960[2].jpg (35 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960[2].jpg
35 KB, 960x540
Can you use DisplayPort and HDMI at the same time to clone your desktop to two different monitors?

Right now I have

Monitor 1 <> DisplayPort
Monitor 2 <> HDMI

Monitor is not being recognized. I have tried restarting and looking for the monitor in Nvidia control panel, but it never shows up.

I know the HDMI cable is good, and I know the HDMI port on Monitor 2 is working because I have plugged a blu-ray player into it which worked normally.
>>
>>55275740
I wanted a case that could use in future builds, I'm hoping to add more storage over time, but for now I'm maxing my budget, which is why I have no SSD.

What would I even need 16gb of ram for other than for falling for the "install program to ram for max sanic" meme?
>>
>>55275831
*Monitor 2 is not being recognized

Monitor 2 is a wide-gamut Dell Ultrasharp if that makes a difference. Monitor 1 is a Lenovo Thinkvision.
>>
File: caching.png (10 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
caching.png
10 KB, 640x360
>>55275834
>ram
CACHING
>install to ram
So you're tech iliterate, makes since.
linuxatemyram.com

If you still dont understand just get a used alienware that timmy lost cause he didnt do his homework.

Ill be here in 6 months when it starts fucking up cause you got horrible parts and you lost your hdd
>>
>>55275765
but, it's kind of a whim (don't know if it is correct in English) I just want to try, If it's inefficent I will just flip one fan and the airflow is restored
>>
>>55275831
>Can you use DisplayPort and HDMI at the same time to clone your desktop to two different monitors?
Yes.
>Monitor 2 is not being recognized. I have tried restarting and looking for the monitor in Nvidia control panel, but it never shows up.
Press windows key + p (at the same time). It should bring up a menu with several different options (clone, only main/secondary monitor etc.).
>>
>>55274615
Definitely the 1070. More VRAM, ~5% better performance and newer architecture.
>>
I have a shitty BayTrail processor on my laptop and I was wondering how long are compile times with this type of CPU? The biggest package I would compile would be Firefox (not the bin)
>>
>>55275956
Forgot to mention I'll be using Gentoo
>>
>>55274953
XFX XTR gold series, EVGA G2 and P2 series, Corsair gold series etc. You can't go wrong with any of those. Stay away from shit brands and definitely check for reviews on jonnyguru before buying a PSU.

As for the fans, just use the fan controller. It seems like a cleaner solution with less clutter.
>>
>>55275980
>gentoo
Atleast a month for base install
>>
How do I open my who TV folder with MPlayerX? It won't let me select more than one individual file.
>>
I can't seem to find an option for automatic scrolling with new posts in 4chanX. I'd like to lurk threads on my second screen in the background while doing other things on my main.

I could swear that I've used something similar before.
>>
>>55276007
*whole
>>
File: IMG_20160626_143313.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160626_143313.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I'm trying to regain access of a local WiFi network but the password has been changed. I'm able to gain access of another's laptop for a short while to get the new password, but it's a Windows 10 computer, so the WiFi manager doesn't reveal the saved password unless you're currently connected to the network.

My question is; is it possible to get the password another way without being connected to the network, access somewhere deeper down in the system to get it? Please help a brother out.
>>
>>55276020
I don't know what userscript you're using but in mine you just hover over the update timer and it gives you the option.
>>
>>55275334
>the spacing changes from the original epub
Sometimes this cannot be avoided. Try finding 'line spacing' or 'line height' in calibre conversion settings and experiment with it. I don't see how this would be a problem, though. Your kindle should still be able to change line spacing in the settings menu when you're reading a book. If the lowest line spacing is too big or too small, just experiment with line spacing in calibre during conversion.
>>
>>55275919
I tried pressing windows+p and tried every setting but still no result.

I also tried running Monitor 2 just by itself with the hdmi cable and I can't get any video output. I know the HDMI cable is good, and I know the HDMI output on the computer is good. The GPU is a GTX 960.

I have used a combination of DVI+Displayport and I was able to clone that way, but I want to be able to take advantage of the wide gamut on monitor 2 so I need HDMI or Displayport for that. Monitor 1 does not have an HDMI input.

If I just had another DisplayPort cable...
>>
A friend of mine got a new laptop and it comes with Windows 10, he mainly uses it for gaming and internet, so should I make him install back Windows 7? Or is he better off just using ShutUp10 to stop the botnet?
>>
>>55276005
Wow what a pain, I'll stick to Arch
>>
>>55275572
>How badly will this affect performance
Not at all.
>will it need better cooling than a larger motherboard?
Shouldn't be an issue at all considering you're buying a locked CPU which means no overclocking. If you're worried about a few extra degrees of heat, just get an aftermarket CPU cooler, some nice case fans and of course a case with decent airflow.

I'm not familiar with the pricing in Australia, but see if you can get a different monitor. That Asus is fairly old and it has a TN panel from what I can tell. You can do better for around that price. Do some more research and try to get an IPS panel if you can.
>>
>>55276003
I did some reading and it seems like the EVGA G2 line overall is better than some of the GS models and not really any louder or anything. I also found a 750W G2 on sale so I went with that instead because why not. Thanks anon.
>>
>>55276044
Thanks, anon. Was looking for something under "monitoring" in the settings.
>>
>>55275645
Strange noises such as very loud consistent clicking (not to be confused with seek noises which are normal) and reallocated sectors (not always an indicator, though).

ALWAYS backup.
>>
>>55276071
I don't know then.
>If I just had another DisplayPort cable...
Then get one.
>>
>>55276112
Great choice, anon.
>>
>>55276167
>wanting him to go all the way to deimos just to get a cable
>>
I just lost all of my torrents because automatic updates. What the fuck.
How do I restore the torrents from BT_backup with qBtorrent?
>>
File: 1347649155995.jpg (31 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1347649155995.jpg
31 KB, 300x309
localhost/notyourbuisness
>downloads index.php

how do i get this fucking thing to run the god damn php instad of downloading it

im on debian 8, and have reinstalled php and apache2 ten thousand fucking times

FUCK
>>
>>55274926
Gaymen on laptops is a meme.
>>
>>55276072
Windows 7 is best windows. Unique downside is the DX12 support.
tell him to install gentoo and praise for vulkan and wayland.
>>
File: trueORfalse.jpg (77 KB, 633x479) Image search: [Google]
trueORfalse.jpg
77 KB, 633x479
What are some useful scripts or guides you've found on github?
>>
>>55276203
You need to set your webserver to handle php files instead of just being a binary
>>
File: 71hePUCBOzL._SL1200_[1].jpg (197 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
71hePUCBOzL._SL1200_[1].jpg
197 KB, 1200x1200
What's the difference between these two power supplies? They seem identical other than one being "bronze" and the other being "white"

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Continuous-Warranty-100-B1-0500-KR/dp/B00DZ6R9GE

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Continuous-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU/
>>
>>55276238
White means no rating, just 80+.
Get the bronze.NEVER cheap out on psu's
>>
I have a computer that I haven't used in about 7 or eight months. I went through and dusted it the best I can however when i turn it on, I get no display. I've tried different monitors and cables. I feel like this is a simple issue and I'm just ignorant and not sure how to proceed. At one point it started beeping and haven't been able to recreate the issue.
>>
How do I lower memory usage on Windows 7?
I'm idling at 3GB.
>>
>>55276238
Quality and efficiency.

Read this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

Get the 500B.
Never cheap out in your PSU.
>>
>>55276212
Why is it better? I personally have no experience with 10 so I don't know much about it
Also, I'll make him install Gentoo as soon as it can run most PC games out there :^)
>>
>>55276231
Do you mind holding my hand on this one
>>
>>55276238
Get the bronze certified one, whilst it doesn't necessarily automatically mean quality it does mean that its passed a number of tests at high load without going pop.

Plus your parents will thank you with lower power bills.
>>
>>55276257
Re seat components like RAM video card and CPU if need be.
>>
>>55276276
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache#PHP
>>
>>55276262
>>55276254

Thanks for the info. All things considered (not just those two supplies), is the EVGA 500B a good power supply if I don't need more than about 400W? (I figure I should always give myself at least ~100W of headroom)
>>
>>55276258
Go into startup settings and disable programs you don't need on startup. Other than that, there's not much you can do. Besides, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.
>>
>>55276301
You are pushing it with a 400W load but it should work.

You should try to get a 550-600W PSU.

>>55276258
Remove stuff from the startup list.
>>
>>55276301
It's good enough. Check some reviews if you're not sure.
>>
>>55276284
>Plus your parents will thank you with lower power bills.
Computers don't use very much power, unless you're running some quadruple SLI monster mining buttcoins 24/7 or something. A few percentage points in efficiency won't help much, either. They should thank you for never washing your damn clothes instead, the washer and dryer probably use a lot more power.
>>
>>55276322
>>55276330
I've done all that. The only programs I have on startup are MSE and my graphics driver (just the driver - I disabled all of that GeForce experience stuff).
I only have 35 processes running, so it's not like I have a ton of bloat running.
>>
>>55276330
400W is a bit of an overestimate already (pcpartpicker estimate just over 300W, but if I overclock or add other components, etc...), so I think it should be alright as long the PSU is quality
>>
>>55276264
From windows 7 to win 10 there is no real performance improvements. Only the boot time since windows 10 puts your computer in sleeping mode instead of shutting it down properly.
Since there isn't all the botnet stuff in win 7, it's preferable to go with this version.

There is other points, but mostly personal preferences
>>
I know mixing ram is generaly not good but i have the possibility of makeing 8 to 12 in my lap top useing a 4 and 8 stick. Both sticks are from the same manufacture (asus). Will i encounter any problems?
>>
>>55276364
If you are going to overclock you shouldn't be getting a 500W Bronze PSU.

Get a EVGA 650 GS or G2.
>>
>>55276364
Make sure you're counting HDDs and fans. They can add quite a bit to the overall power usage.
>>
Need a new mouse. Have a Logitech m705 currently. I do light gaming. Want something that doesnt look like shit but is high quality. Any ideas?
>>
>>55276341
It can all add up, true washing machines use more power however they might be used for an hour per day whilst PC's are typically left on for most of the day.
>>
Skylake or Devil's Canyon?
>>
>>55276406
Logitech G202/303/402/502.
>>
>>55276422
g302*
>>
>>55276420
>already have a decent z87/97 motherboard
Devil's canyon
>don't have a motherboard yet, aka building from scratch
Skylake.
>>
>>55276371
I see. I think I'd rather leave him with 10 then, as just running ShutUp10 and disabling the botnet stuff is easier than installing a whole new OS
>>
Why do people still use Gentoo when I takes forever to install most packages? Convince me to move from Arch to Gentoo
>>
File: 20160626_182138.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160626_182138.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
For the last few months I've had some freezing / crashing issues with my PC, finally decided to get it fixed and from my research it looks like the power supply is the problem, so I wanted to test it with an old 550W I had in a previous PC.

I thought I had everything plugged in correctly but it's not booting, so here I am.

So far I have: 8 pin on mobo (cpu), 24 pin to mobo, 8 pin PCI to graphics card, sata to SSD and sata to HDD.

What am I forgetting?
>>
File: build.png (179 KB, 1139x1038) Image search: [Google]
build.png
179 KB, 1139x1038
How terrible is this build, ignoring GPU for the moment?
>>
omg this is gonna sound dumb but here we go:

can i use the original windows recovery disk to install windows on a new build?

I was thinking i could because i replaced original HD on original PC and used the windows recovery disk to install OS on new HD. Or is the Recovery disk somehow locked to the MOBO? please reply
>>
>>55276567
Use PCPartpicker.
Kingston SSDs are shit, specially that one.
Get a 850 EVO or a sandisk SSD.

>>55276540
Your old problem could either be bad RAM (Run MEMTEST) or a damaged HDD.

Also connect properly your HDD SATA cable.
If your CPU has a IGPU unplug the videocard.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 260x260
I've got an older iPad 2

Is there anyway I can access sad panda on it?

I used an extension to access it on my desktop but I can't download extensions on my iPad
>>
How can I make openvpn choose the server with the lowest load given a certain pool?
>>
>>55276605
>Use PCPartpicker.
I did

>Kingston SSDs are shit, specially that one.
It's the highest rated SSD I could find anywhere, so I thought it would be reliable. I'll check out the ones you mentioned
>>
File: 20160626_174802.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160626_174802.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>55276605
I tried memtest and it found no errors, I let it run nearly the whole day while I was out. My OS is on my solid state, it looks like it's in correctly to me I'm not sure what's incorrect about it? This is the cable
>>
>>55276540
Did you insert the RAM into the right slot? Usually there is a dominant pair that must be populated first.
>>
>>55276567
Microcenter.
i5-6600K for $199 USD.
probably about $212 after tax.
If you're gonna spend the 180ish for the 6500 k spend the extra 20-30 for the better binned unlocked CPU
>>
is it possible in any way to grab a single file from a torrent with many files?
i want to grab a specific episode of a show from a torrent that has every single episode, but i don't have enough room or patience to download it all.
>>
>>55276615
>Extensions
>He cant get past the panda

You dont need any of that.
Clear cookies, log in trough forums and thats it.

You can get past the panda on everything, hell i do it in my Wii.

>>55276642
That it has good reviews doesnt make it good.
Its slow, not really reliable, etc.
Its a really low end SSD, still better than a HDD but is not worth the price.
When a SSD says "Speeds up to 500MB/s" doesnt mean it always will work at that speed.

ADATA SP550, Sandisk SSD Plus, SSD Ultra, 850 EVO etc are better than it on every way.

>>55276674
Not the power cable, the data cable.
>>
best way to show webm thumbnails?
>>
File: HTC_One_M8.png (83 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
HTC_One_M8.png
83 KB, 1080x1920
I know this isn't a tech support board, but I'm in need of answers quickly. What can I do about my phone (HTC One M8, Android 6.0)? It's constantly overheating and the battery is draining quickly. I had no issues with the phone until two days ago. I'm worried it's an issue with hardware.

I have already done a factory reset and cleared my cache. Is there anything more I can do, or should I merely give up and consider it a loss? It's two years old, so I'd probably just get a new phone.
>>
File: 1425216140421.jpg (111 KB, 462x593) Image search: [Google]
1425216140421.jpg
111 KB, 462x593
So went from windows 8.1 to 10, always used a local account instead of using a Microsoft account

now I want to link my old xbox Microsoft account to win 10 so I can play games, but when I try to sign in to a Microsoft account via settings or add another account on my computer I cant do it

When I click on the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" link, a box flashes up and disappears, all very quickly. I searched all through the Microsoft tech support forms and they just link you the standard bullshit of "How to sign in to a Microsoft account"

Anyone have a fix, otherwise just going to do a reinstall of win 10

>>55276567
I dont see any problems with it, other than do you really need a disk drive?

>>55276584
is it an older version of windows? maybe
>>
>>55276723
Looks like the value of GBP right now.
>>
>>55276693
If you don't use Magnet Links and have a decent torrent downloader it SHOULD allow you to select which files to download.
At least uTorrent and Flud do this, altho I don't know about others.
>>
File: 51u2vVAlTBL._SL1600_.jpg (40 KB, 412x378) Image search: [Google]
51u2vVAlTBL._SL1600_.jpg
40 KB, 412x378
>>55276642
Pic related: SV300 speeds.
>>
Is the Fire 7" worth it?

I have a 30 dollar amazon gift card so it's only 20 dollars really
>>
>>55276765
Given you can use that $30 for anything on Amazon, no. It's still $50.
>>
File: 51sVOn2WJtL._SL1600_.jpg (40 KB, 412x379) Image search: [Google]
51sVOn2WJtL._SL1600_.jpg
40 KB, 412x379
>>55276642
>>55276759
vs 850 EVO speeds.
>>
File: 20160626_183915.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160626_183915.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>55276694
data cable looks alright too (pic is upside down, fucking mobile app)
>>
Does uber / lyft require a phone or can I use a tablet to call them?
>>
>>55276694
Would this be a better SSD?

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-120GB-2-5-Inch-SDSSDA-120G-G25-Version/dp/B00S9Q9UKS/
>>
>>55276795
>ASRock

Anyway, what did you used to do when your computer crashed/froze?
>>
>>55276748
can it be done with utorrent 2.2.1? how do i do this?
>>
>>55276814
Yes.
Its a budget SSD but still a good SSD.
>>
>>55276869
>>55276814
You might want to get the 240GB Version, since 120GB is kinda small for a desktop computer, unless is for a laptop.
>>
This one is pretty dumb so I'm sure I'm on the right thread:

People say to learn programming by myself. So I'm doing it, but let me ask some stupid questions:
How do I go on using dll and why should I use it? I don't remember seeing about it besides the basics(what is dll) on any programming book I used.
What about software update? Suppose I released a game on steam, there're some bugs I got fix, how do I fix it that the end user doesn't to have to re-download the whole game and just what I changed?
How do I go from the .exe file to an installer package that install my software in another users computer? Do I use libraries for this or there are softwares for it?
I believe this one is more specific: when doing reverse engeneering and I want to add my code(or modifications I did on it, like fixing some old game), is on the right dll that I going to hook my code or change it?
>>
>>55276489
>disabling the botnet stuff is easier than installing a whole new OS
>implying you can disable the botnet
just install gentoo
>>
>>55276863
Download the .torrent file instead of using the Magnet Link, and once you load it it should show you all the files. Just unckeck the ones you don't want.
Alternatively, once the torrent starts donwloading just select all the files you don't want, right-click and in download priority choose "Don't Download"
>>
>>55276826
Nothing in particular, it would happen randomly. Sometimes it wouldn't freeze but the sound would still cut out and be replaced by the loud beeping noise, which could be fixed by putting it into sleep mode and waking it.

Also, i am unable to get this psu working. I'm just gonna put the first one back in and make sure I didn't fuck something up
>>
File: Logitech Harmony 650.jpg (155 KB, 1404x1500) Image search: [Google]
Logitech Harmony 650.jpg
155 KB, 1404x1500
What is the best Linux distro for using Kodi on a HTPC?
>>
>>55276913
sweet thanks
>>
>>55276953
Any of them
>>
>>55275943
agreed. plus there is room for improvements at they release driver tobeter optimize the card. some of the older cards have seen nearly 30% increase in frame rate due to optimization.
>>
>>55276007
Bump

I've tried multiple different media players and VLC seems to be the only one that can do this. I'd just use VLC but it's also got some painfully annoying audio glitches
>>
>>55276953
Kodi for Linux is primarily developed for Ubuntu Linux, but Ubuntu isn't the only distro that will work.
>>
>>55276901
>How do I go on using dll and why should I use it?
DLL stand for dynamic link library.
On windows, when you program in C or C++, you need to use libraries. There is some of them that you can just include, but sometimes, if you have to create more complicated applications, you need external libraries. For a 2D game you might want to use the SDL, and to be able to run your game, you'll have to ship your game with the SDL.dll file on your project.

>how do I fix it that the end user doesn't to have to re-download the whole game and just what I changed?
Once the guy have downloaded your game, he will have downloaded all the sprites, texture files, config files, etc. that are required by your game, so if you update it, he will only download a new binary file, but he won't need to download all the other files since he already got them.

>How do I go from the .exe file to an installer package that install my software in another users computer?
There is tools/softwares for that, google it
>>
>>55276894
I was planning to use the SSD only for OS and very frequently used programs, and put everything else on an HDD
>>
>>55276953
Kodibuntu. Not joking.
>>
How crazy is the RX 480 release expected to be? If I can't make it to my nearest Micro Center until late afternoon on Wednesday, will they most likely be sold out?
>>
>>55274525

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fRWtJV

This is my first ever build, I've spent a lot of time researching but before I start the build I have a few more questions. Everything's on the way. Planning to get an RX 480 8gb on Wednesday and a HDD later. I know I need to get some silver thermal compound,wondering what else I'll need to do the installation, if anything. Also wondering about cooling, if I'll need more fans for the system. Planning to game and photo/video edit. Any constructive feedback and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>>
>>55274525
Signal recently started reporting all SMS as not being delivered. The problem briefly went away when I cleared the data and set it up again, but now the issue is back.
Does anyone know anything that can help?
>>
>>55277054
Yeah, dont fall for the hype.

Wait 1-2 weeks to see reviews about how good the card is, dont just buy something you dont know how good is because other people are buying.
Or just wait for aftermarket coolers because reference coolers are always loud and have bad perfomance, but they werk.
>>
>>55277054
its pretty "hyped" so to say

benchmarks look good, i honestly have no idea

>>55277062
650w is a lot unless you are planning on running two cards in the future?
>>
>>55276826
Update: I tried the original PSU again and it worked perfectly fine, and I plugged everything in exactly as I did previously. The other PSU works perfectly fine on the old computer though. Fml
>>
>>55277062
You could have got a better motherboard.
Get a WD Blue.
Artic silver 5.
You dont really need more fans, 2 are usually enough.
>>
>>55277086

I figured I'd buy more than I need incase I decide to upgrade in the future, plus the price upgrade from 500 to 650W for the model I decided on was minimal so I went for it. Do you know if I'll be able to fit two GPUs in the case I bought?
>>
I'm looking for a good NAS/HTPC case with
EXCELLENT storage. (4x3.5 drivers, 1x2.5)
Supports a full ATX motherboard
Doesn't look retarded and looks like a piece of home theater equipment

Any recommendations?
>>
>>55277134
>Do you know if I'll be able to fit two GPUs in the case I bought?
Not him but you will be able to, doing it wont be so great because your motherboard has only a x16 and a x4 PCI slot.
>>
what's a good router that's compatible with at&t.
I need some fast interweb speed...
>>
>>55277108
Will do on the Arctic Silver.
Is there any specific reason to get a WD Blue? I'm super green on the specifics of different brands, if you don't mind explaining, or have a link for an explanation, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Same with the Motherboard. The one I bought seemed to fill all my needs and be middle of the road in terms of cost and quality. It was the last thing I bought, hopefully it's not too awful!
Thank you for the feedback, glad to hear I should be set with the fans I'll already have.
>>
>>55277082
It's not so much falling for hype as it is that I need a computer and have been planning to build one, and it would be really inconvenient for me to wait until mid-July just to see what other manufacturers make. I realize that it's a modest midrange card, but for what I'm coming from it will be an enormous upgrade for a really reasonable price. I don't plan on overclocking, so the reference cooler doesn't bother me much.
>>
>>
>>55277173
Hmm, shit. Do you happen to know of a comparable mother board that will fit in my case and work better for upgrading to two GPUs? I've been using PCpartpicker's compatibility guide to ensure everything will work together, would need a motherboard that works with the m.2 ssd I got and I'd prefer one that can run DDR4-2400 ram. Thank you very much for you reply!
>>
>>55277216
WD Blue is just a reliable HDD that is popular.
Black is supposed to be more reliable but it is more expensive as well.

If you want something cheap just go with seagate but you are rolling the dice in how much it will last.

>>55277253
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 is a mATX SLI/Crossfire capable motherboard.
>>
File: htc.png (133 KB, 3150x1575) Image search: [Google]
htc.png
133 KB, 3150x1575
>>55276723
I swear to God, my battery utilization has been ruined in the past two days. This chart is steeper than the walls of the Mariana Trench. All the children in Africa could live off the energy my phone is wasting. It's like a black hole, feeding off the power outlets while the problem grows worse. I think it produces more heat than a radiator. It gets so hot I could sell it on Craigslist as a clothes iron.

What's a good Android phone? I would like to buy a reliable device without gimmicks. Does such a phone exist anymore?
>>
>>55277047
thank you
>>
>>55276725
its windows vista "recovery" disk for Lenovo pc
>>
>>55276723
Warranty.

>>55277330
Just download the W7 ultimate ISO anon and install it with a USB, in all the time you have asking here you could have done that.
>>
>>55277297
Awesome, thank you very much!
>>
>>55277351
are you sure man, where can i get that? original question is because i dont want to buy anything,
>>
Halp!
My cousin is forcing a vegan diet on his iguana
wat do?
>>
>>55277560
https://filescdn.com/3msgx2sgdw7d/en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.rar

Scared that its not the orignal one?
Once you are done downloading, extract the ISO and check the SHA-1 of the file, it should be the one here:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Sha1_checksums

Read the whole wiki section for doubts or ask here.

Once you are done installing download Daz loader and run it to activate it.
Done thats it.
>>
Is there a way for me to practice some kind of assembly language with my home computers? I used to be able to ssh to use my university's SPARC, but now that the class is long over I can't.
>>
>>55277620
>>55277560
>Where i can get the original Daz loader
Here:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download

You will have to make an account but this is normal for any forum.
>>
>>55277560
More mirrors just in case:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CaWSgByZ
>>
Why do people spend so much time hurting other people when they could be helping each other instead?
>>
>>55277652
>>55277620
ok guys imma trust u better not screw me with a botnet
>>
>>55277645
Answered my own question thanks to google.
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/assembly_programming/assembly_environment_setup.htm
>>
When the hell are we gonna get the 1070 at a decent price?
>>
>>55277685
Just checking the SHA-1 should be enough to detect its free of malware.
If the SHA-1 is different dont use that ISO.
>>
>>55277581
Grind it up and sneak feed it to him
>>
>>55277675
People are inherently selfish. In the short term that means individual success, which is what evolution favors.
>>
Are there any good sites to sell a gaming laptop on?
I've posted to r/hardwareswap and Craigslist but I'm cautious of selling on Amazon or eBay because I'm not sure how much of a cut of the sale they will take.
>>
>>55277675
Some idiots think its fun/entertaining/etc see other people get angry or hurt.
>>
My screen flickers sometimes, I have 1 144hz and one 60hz monitor..I have no idea what's causing it.

I just installed windows 10, have nothing installed but drivers & steam & battle net

What could be causing this?

It seems to happen only when I open things or install things but I'd like to stop it anyway because it's annoying. All google results don't give any help
>>
Is it possible to overclock my 120hz monitor to 144hz?
>>
>>55277675
Most people are selfish and short sighted.
>>
>>55277808
You're good at this thread.
>>
>>55277581
>>>/an/

Also, bitchslap your brother for forcing a vegan diet on an animal that's supposed to eat insects.
>>
chrome pages keep flashing white and scrolling to the very top or bottom. how do i stop this?
>>
How do i convert .mkv to .mp3 with ffmpeg?
>>
What is a program like iTunes that i am able to see what song and shit are on my Android device, but works with Linux.

I want something like MediaGo, bu that only works with Windows and depends on windows peograms that would probably not work with wine
>>
>>55278029
try atunes
>>
File: image.png (18 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 300x309
>>55276615
Same guy here

>clear ALL browser data
>login to ge hentai
>try to go to ex hentai
>same fucking sad panda image

What the fuck am I doing wrong?
>>
Does /g/ ever go to Chris Pirillo's stream and give him grief and call him out as the hack that he is.

I miss those days.
>>
>>55278098
after u update bios does it clear the bios to default settings
>>
>>55278159
Yes it does

Is there a forum post requirement to get in ex hentai?
>>
>>55278183
also after that can u reinstall windows 10
>>
File: 2016-06-26 23.39.39.jpg (584 KB, 1518x1328) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26 23.39.39.jpg
584 KB, 1518x1328
I have a new convertible on which some programs such as Project64 run fine windowed but in fullscreen rotate 270 degrees and are offset from the middle of the screen. I suspect this is because the screen is configured as an 800x1280 screen rotated 90 degrees to operate in landscape but I don't know how to fix this behavior.
>>
>>55278201
Check GPU drivers.
>>
>>55278197
also do u press f12 to do so
>>
Is there any command I can do in the command line to start Firefox minimized? (Needs to be compatible with the -url switch as well since I'm using it for JDownloader's captcha solver which I'm becoming annoyed with keep grabbing focus from whatever else I'm doing.)

I could probably route it through the task scheduler but that seems like a pretty kludgy solution.
>>
>>55278288
Oh, also I'd like it to start a new instance if I already have Firefox open, since it's also annoying if I'm browsing and it makes a new tab and steals focus.
>>
>>55277973
BUmping question
>>
sooo im using foobar2k and it makes no fucking sense to me
i been at it for 20 min and cant make any sense of how to use the search function, make a pane that shows you every album artist you have instead every fucking song, and to top it all off, my music seems to have completely disappeared from the player too.
what the fuck is going on with this thing, how yall use it
>>
>>55278427
just use musicbee
>>
>>55278431
i got foobar to replace musicbee
musicbee fucks up my id3tags to hell, and the scrolling is incompatible with my laptop
i dont know how to explain it properly, but it basically jumps across the fucking screen in one scroll.
>>
File: 41LNunpQezL.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41LNunpQezL.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
this 3tb seagate external drive is $90 on amazon right, is this a decent hard drive?
>>
What is a good streaming site to look movies in spanish?
>>
>>55278220
>>55278201
Ran the intel driver update utility. Everything's up to date.
>>
>>55278551
In the driver settings.
>>
>>55278528
>Seagate
>External
Double whammy
>>
>>55278558
Doesn't seem to be any option I can fuck with to set landscape to 0 degrees instead of 90.
>>
File: stirnerrrrrrr.jpg (5 KB, 200x175) Image search: [Google]
stirnerrrrrrr.jpg
5 KB, 200x175
>>55278648
i-is that a no?
>>
I'm using Webm for Bakas and I want to make a video that's 43 seconds long into a webm. I can't get it under 3 MB, though, even after halving the resolution. What can I do? I've seen much longer and higher quality webms posted on here before, what can I do to get the same results?
>>
>>55278298
Found the option for this, -new-window %url%, still looking for a way to have it start minimized. Even starting it from the task scheduler configured to start hidden didn't work, and that's always worked for me with other programs.
>>
File: 1466729541021.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1466729541021.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
Are there any alternatives to WD My Passports? i.e., do any of the other brands have the built-in locker thingy? I know I could use TrueCrypt but this is for family and I want to keep things simple. Also all their computers are Win 10 Home, therefore BitLocker isn't an option.

>>55275079
just go for Windows 10. MS put some of the botnet features in Win 7 anyway. and eventually it won't be supported. 10 is better from a technical standpoint. and stop worrying so much about the botnet, the security services REALLY don't give a shit about you unless you're a jihadi/pedo/organised criminal, in which case mcfucking kill yourself.

>>55275645
use software that shows you the S.M.A.R.T. data. CrystalDiskInfo or Acronis Drive Monitor.
>>
>>55278699
Seagate drives die really early on compared to all other drives, their failure rate is like 10% after one year or something crazy.

Get a samsung or toshiba for externals
>>
>>55275645
HD tune pro, run the benchmark test and the surface read test.

HD Sentinel is good too.

Post SMART data, it will give you a idea of how fucked your HDD is.
(Speccy can read SMART data).
>>
What do you use to lubricate laptop hinges?
>>
>>55278875
what about western digital?
>>
>>55278937
semen
>>
>>55278950
WD is also very good, probably the best but comes in a bit higher price. Worth it though.
>>
>>55278950
Different anon here.
WD is good for internal HDDs, not sure about externals but they should be good.
>>
im running Antergos and when i originally installed it i chose gnome as the DE. I wanted to try out KDE so now i have both installed. my question is, how do i change the lock/login screen to use the KDE Breeze theme? currently whenever i login its using the gnome theme
>>
File: 52733964_p0.jpg (664 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
52733964_p0.jpg
664 KB, 950x1200
>>55278950
>>55278977
i think i'll probably get a toshiba 2tb external for $85, thanks guys!

a cute picture for your troubles
>>
File: 6428930260636.jpg (22 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
6428930260636.jpg
22 KB, 405x405
I'm nineteen, never worked a day in my life, have an A+ and MTA certification, and went to college for two semesters before failing and dropping out in the second. How hard would it be for me to get a job in computer repair/maintenance? Should I consider a McJob for experience before trying to get one in IT?
>>
>>55279022
Go back to school.
Get a better job.
Stop fapping to anime girls, atleast edge it instead.
>>
I running bodhi linux. I can move my mouse but can't click on anything or use key bindings. What do?
>>
>>55279022
Get back in school.

No, not everyone who has a job in IT has a degree, but if you're asking on 4chan how to get a job, then likely you don't have a friend or a relative who can cheese you out a job in IT. Nobody is going to hire a kid off the street who dropped out of college even with certifications. Therefore, your best bet is to get back into college, get your degree, and make connections along the way. Also, look into working IT at your school. If you do what I said and make connections, you should be able to work IT at your school. Also, stop being a fuck and make connections with your professors. Many of them are bros and if you're hard working and sharp many have amazing connections within the industry.

Also, while your at it, get a fucking job. People who go through college without working even mundane shit jobs are always left behind unless they get lucky. Companies value soft skills immensely, especially since too many spoiled brats who have never worked a day get out of school at 22 and expect to know how to even manage basic job responsibilities.
>>
>>55279076
install gentoo
>>
what are some older, cheap monitors that can be adjusted to a vertical position?
>>
I want to upgrade to a new desktop but my current stuff isn't exactly obsolete.

I have a gtx760 2g
would I be better off upgrading to a newer faster 4gb gpu? or getting another gtx760 2g and running them in sli?

I'm not looking to run modern games, the 760 has been great for me so far, none of the games I play have been too much for it. I just want to future proof it a bit more for the casual games I like.

I like the idea of beefing my current card up with a second one in sli but I dont like the idea of throwing money at dying or soon to be obsolete hardware.
>>
>>55279301
SLI/crossfire is never a good idea, usually not worth it unless you do some specific stuff, games might even run worse.

Just get another high end videocard.

Post speccy.

Also if you dont have one, get a SSD, 850 EVO to be exact.
>>
>>55279301
>SLI
Never SLI/crossfire

Sell the 760, get a 480.
>>
File: Untitled.png (49 KB, 821x479) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49 KB, 821x479
>>55279324
part of the reason I though a second video card might be smart is that I am about to get a triple display setup running. my gtx760 will support one through hdmi, one through displayport, and one through dvi. which in my opinion is janky as hell and might be improved by having twice as many outputs.
>>
I'm running dual 980ti on a 4k monitor but the cards don't down clock from 1150 or whatever the base clock is even when in idle just afking in the background, leading to 'idle' temps of over 60c
Anyone know why? This doesn't seem to be an issue if I turn off sli
Also yes my power is set to adaptive in nvidia control panel
>>
>>55279389
Well unless you do some intensive stuff your computer is above average, other than the SSD and the GPU there is nothing to upgrade.

Get a RX 480 eventually once it goes out for 4 displayport and 1 HDMI.
>>
Are VR Simulators that can actually make you feel and taste even possible?
Will any of us even be alive if they ever are realized?
>>
>>55279389
I have two 2tb WD green hard drives, for some reason speccy thinks one of them is a SSD
>>
>>55279411
>Feel
Yes, but it would be silly and would have certain limits.
>Smell
Yes.
>Taste
Kinda tricky and lots of chemicals but yes possible.

Expect smell and taste be way more expensive than actual visual VR.
>>
>>55277973
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -q:a 2 output.mp3

use -map if you need to select a different audio track
>>
File: 1465520251556.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
1465520251556.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>55278686
>>55278220
>>55278201
Any more ideas on this, gents? It's driving me nuts and I'll probably end up returning the thing if I can't fix it.
>>
File: pins.png (380 KB, 379x429) Image search: [Google]
pins.png
380 KB, 379x429
Can anyone tell by this (low quality-ish) pic if the pins are no good? Can this be re-soldiered?

source of pic: https://youtu.be/aR34L5-xqt8?t=66
>>
>>55279494
Is only with emulators?
>>
File: 811_800.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
811_800.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
>>55279499
looks fine
>>
>>55279502
So far yes, but it's happened with every one of five different N64 emulators I've tried and all different visual plugins for the emulators. Part of the appeal of this device was being able to use it with an ipega 9023
>>
>>55279526
By any chance is a 2-1 tablet?
>>
>>55279540
Yep, it's an Asus T100HA. The intel panel shows normal landscape as being 90 degree rotation and that's likely tied to the problem somehow but there seems to be fuck-all I can do about it.
>>
I'm building my own PC soon, I have all the parts and stuff, but I have some questions before I start.

Do I need some sort of toolkit? Like special screwdrives etc. to screw the mobo and all that into place? Also are grounding wristbands useful? If not, what's a better solution to not let static fuck my shit up?

Also, since this is a new build, I have a W10 USB, when I finish the build, do I just turn the PC on and then put the USB in and it will automatically go to the installation or do I have to press something with the keyboard?
>>
>>55279557
Build it on a rainy day. High humidity will minimize the chances of static buildup. Touch bare metal on the casing at least every few minutes and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1466579584249.png (180 KB, 1390x1380) Image search: [Google]
1466579584249.png
180 KB, 1390x1380
If you blew vapor into a laptop while it was on for 6 months straight, would anything bad happen to it

Is vg/pg conductive? Can it fuck up laptops if circulated through enough? Thank you
>>
>>55279557
No, just a normal flat screwdriver would be enough.

Touch a grounded metal or the screws in the case.

You will have to change the boot order in the BIOS first.
Also
>W10

>>55279551
Cant you disable the g-sensor?

In the config of the games are the screen detected as 1280x800 or 800x1280?
>>
>>55279557
id have a phillips and flathead screwdriver nearby. all the mounting hardware and screws and stuff should be packaged with the components.

other anons advice about static is good, but I wouldn't bother waiting around for the weather

you might need to open up the motherboard bios menu and change the boot priority to usb first. chances are it will boot from the usb by default because all the other priority drives will be blank.
>>
>>55278427
post screenshot of what your foobar2k looks like, are you using a skin or using default
>>
>>55279611
The sensor is disabled while in the keyboard dock (tried doing it manually anyway, no effect). It detects the resolution properly. Is there any way to force the intel software to consider landscape as a 0 degree rotation instead of the default 90?
>>
>>55279557

When you turn on the PC it will likely boot to bios if it sees no boot drive, then you can either set the boot drive to a USB in there or it will simply boot to try install windows from USB once you exit bios anyway.

Best solution to not fuck your shit up is to avoid putting any of the parts down on the bags they come in, as the bags keep static on the outside but not the inside. Apart from that just typically ground yourself and you probably won't fuck it up, but better safe than sorry if you want to use one.

Make sure you have an external way to get ethernet drivers if you aren't installing a CD drive, just in case. Nothing worse than not being able to connect to the internet. Every PC i've ever had never had network drivers with windows installed.

Hardware these days is really hard to kill, as long as you watch a few youtube videos and do it right you'll be fine. And don't be afraid of the loud/stiff as fuck cpu crank thing it's supposed to do that
>>
>>55277090
Update: I just tried plugging everything in and getting it running and it won't turn on now. I am terrified. Pls help me
>>
>>55278427

view -> layout -> quick setup -> pick one you like

At the bottom left it should say "view" set it to folder structure if you have your music sorted out properly

Then I made a playlist called "playlist" and set my leftclick to send to playlist, now I just click <album artist> to get all their music or open that artist and click an album if I want it

And to make music appear go to preferences -> media library and set up the music folders to your music folders. I set mine to not read for music constantly because it would cause pauses on my external HDD when reading music from it, then I just do a scan when I add stuff.
>>
>>55279699
Didnt you said the last time you posted it worked?
>>
Hey /g/

I have an old Dos machine running 6.22. It has a MWave ISA sound card and Modem seated in it. Supposedly it is compatible with Sound Blaster drivers of some sort. My question is, What sound blaster drivers would be compatible with it? It looks exactly like the one in this pic.

And yes, I know the MWave cards sucked shit
>>
>>55279674
im using default, but im fooling around with main layout and colours options in the quick appearance menu
other than that, its fresh out the box foobar

>>55279736
the thing is i already added my music folders, then as i was trying to make my way through layout editing mode my music disappeared
i will try the playlist thing
>>
I'm trying to back-up everything to a NAS drive, but I keep getting an error, saying the file name is too long despite working just fine on my local hard drive. Besides making a share dedicated just for that media file, so it's in a shorter directory, is there any work around to long filenames or directories?
>>
File: diogck.jpg (36 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
diogck.jpg
36 KB, 500x652
Just sold my 390 and used vive for 1k. Am I an idiot?
>>
>>55279736
>>55279674
ok, turns out I added my music through "add folder" option instead of going to media library
apparently this makes a big difference
Maybe this will solve all my problems
>>
>>55279736
aite, so things make more sense now and the album artist situation is A-OK

I don't understand what you did with the playlist though.
What does this "playlist" consist of, and what is the purpose of it?
you lost me at "set my leftclick to send to playlist"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.