[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are protective films really necessary for touchscreen devices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20150630132440_42850.jpg (172 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
20150630132440_42850.jpg
172 KB, 700x465
Are protective films really necessary for touchscreen devices? I think they''re important for anything that requires a stylus, but for devices that you only use your finger on?
>>
Sand and a lot of grit that can get in your pocket is often hard enough to scratch the screen.

I'm a fan of the tempered glass protectors. They're just a sacrificial layer in case the phone is dropped or something in your pocket scratches it.
>>
>>55269436
The only time my screen ever got scratched was when I put my phone in the same pocket as some change or my keys

Since I dedicated a pocket solely to my phone that has never happened and every phone I've owned since remained pristine
>>
File: werx on mah mesheen.png (236 KB, 497x480) Image search: [Google]
werx on mah mesheen.png
236 KB, 497x480
>>55269436
Pure, distilled snake oil. Literally never had a phone screen get scratched on me.
>>
>>55270011
This. I've been doing this since 2010 or so and have never had the need to have a screen protector on my phone.
>>
>>55269436
I put an anti-glare matte screen film on my phone so I can use it outside without it looking like a mirror. Some people also have those "prvacy" screen film that reduce the viewing angle of the display.
>>
>i don't want my phone to get scratches because it hinders visibility
>better put a $10 transparent plastic sticker on it to get scratches instead
>>
Screen protectors are like seat belts. You won't need them most of the time and they may seem like a hindrance, but when you do need them, you'll be glad you had one on.
>>
I just wish I had a surefire way to make sure there's no dust when applying, or air bubbles.
>>
>>55272381
That's why you do it under a fume hood.
>>
when will sapphire displays become popular?
>>
>he doesn't protect his $700 phone with an easily-replaceable $20 screen protector
What's it like being financially irresponsible?
>>
>>55272215
>Screen protectors are like condoms. You won't need them most of the time and they may seem like a hindrance, but when you do need them, you'll be glad you had one on.
>>
My last phone served 4 years without any covers or screen protectors. It's still in almost new like condition despite being used daily for those 4 years. The only reason I recently upgraded was because it was getting a bit slow and the battery was dying. New phone doesn't have a cover or screen protector and I don't plan on adding one. Why would I buy a beautiful phone and wrap it in disgusting covers when I'm not an idiot who can't take care of his belongings.
>>
>>55272669
I was trying to use examples /g/ could relate to.
>>
O got a Motorola with the supposedly unbreakable display. However because it is made of plastic is it easy to scratch so I still ended up getting a screen protector for it.
>>
>>55272700
what are seatbelts and condoms?
>>
I got one because replacing a broken screen is too expensive for me because I'm a poorfag so 5 dollars for nannying my device is not that bad.
>>
I've had 6 smartphones and 4 have had small scratches that were either just barely deep enough to feel or just noticeable.

I've managed to do both to my Nexus 5X after 1 month. Fuck.

Accidents happen. Ordering a case and protector right meow.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.