[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macbook Air Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160626_163519876.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160626_163519876.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
I literally just got on the bus after buying my first Mac. I went with the 2015 Macbook Air 11" with Broadwell and 4GB RAM. I might run out of storage with the 128GB SSD onboard but at this point I don't even care. Im going to use it for work online, and will try to learn coding for iOS and Android.

If your main requirements for a laptop include utmost portability, long battery life, and overall usability is there anything better than a Macbook Air?

There isn't. That is why I bought one after having been a Window user my whole life (I'm 28 now).

Id like to hear /g/'s thoughts.
>>
ya dun goofd. 4gb or ram is gonna be a shit if you ever want to use a simulator.
>>
>>55265679
>If your main requirements for a laptop include utmost portability, long battery life, and overall usability is there anything better than a Macbook Air?

2016 MacBook beats it on every metric.
>>
inb4 shill.webm
>>
>>55265679
> buying a mac just a few weeks before the next upgrade the lifecycle
> buying a mac with objectively the worst resolution and viewing angles

You double nigger.
>>
The air is great but you should have gotten the retina MacBook instead.
>>
>>55265718
>iOS dev
>Android dev
>retina Mackbook
>>55265679
>iOS dev
>Android dev
>4GB Ram
oh im laffin.
>>
>>55265711
Aren't we few months from new macs? I believe they will be released fall with sierra.
>>
>>55265748
You must be pretty dumb.
>>
>>55265760
Rumors say september, so 2 months or so.
>>
Love apple products and their operating system. What most Linux users don't understand is the best part about having a good OS is really just the experience. Turning it on, having everything consistent, easy learning curve.

Apple is popular for a reason. Most people just want a computer they can plug in and will work well. I would argue also in terms of hardware there are no laptops that even come close to macbooks.

I'm learning some accounting and in terms of depreciation macbooks are facisnating. Often laptops depreciate at a high rate the first year they are purchased. You can resell a five year old macbook for a good value. You need to take that into account when you buy one because you can sell it back and upgrade later. Apple is popular for a reason.
>>
Honestly, I'm done waiting for Apple to release new Airs or MBPs. They dropped the ball twice already with March and June.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.