[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/uys Need a little help So last night I was shit out drunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/uys
Need a little help

So last night I was shit out drunk and so were my friends and I lost my phone.
And being a uni student I don't have money to buy flagships.
>I was looking into buying GALAXY S5 and putting CM13 as soon as I get it.
How would it hold up now?
Is it worth it?

Long story short:
>Drunk
>Lost Phone
>Need New Phone
>How is Galaxy S5 now?
>Buy or no buy?

Thanks
>>
works fine for me, all I do is 4chan, text, browse forums, play music and general stuff. no lag running cm13. I'm not a smartphone gamer so no comment on that.
>>
Ok I found another problem

Here we get the exynos variant which I heard sucks.
What about that?
>>
>>55263920
If you can't afford a better phone, go for it. I'm currently using an S5 with a CM based ROM and it's a pretty solid experience. Go for it. And don't get the Exynos variant.
>>
>>55264251
The s5 neo works for me pretty well.
>>
>>55264251
The exynos variant doesn't support cm13 but it is rootable now.
>>
>>55264315
Seriously??

That sucksss
I don't want touchjizz

>>55264268
why?
it sucks that bad?
Can i play san andreas and shits on it fluently or not?
>>
>>55264376
It supports other custom roms just not cyanogenmod. And yeah I'm able to play SA on it.
>>
>>55263920

They're all rootable now. (Dig on XDA)

S5 has very good hardware.
>>
>>55264376
You're going to have to buy an external sd card for the neo though
>>
>>55264401
I am coming from One Plus 2
So I am used to some heavy gaming.

Does it overheat ?
>>
>>55264401
You beat me to it, but you're right. As far as ROMs go I would recommend CM, AICP and AOKP - because none of those require SuperSU, which is a closed source rooting method. Good luck!
>>
>>55263920
Buy a Nexus 5
>>
>>55263920
Oukitel k4000 pro.
>>
>>55263920
Try Android device manager to locate your phone

Also redmi note 3
>>
S5 is pretty damn good, and you can get one for about $100-130 if you know where to look online.
>>
>>55263920
Redmi note 3 and 3 pro are unbeatable for value.
If you're considering an s5, look at the opo or opx.

If you don't want chink phones then the moto e or g are excellent.
>motorola became chink after the g 3rd gen
>>
>>55265109
>>55265586

Its switched off and I am kinda paranoid about my personal security so I got location services off for most of the time and for most of the apps

>But now I regret it.

Also I can't buy Redmi Note 3 here because it is out of stock for most of the time
>>
>>55265586

Galaxy S5 vs. Moto E/G? Are you serious?
>>
Buy a OnePlus One instead.
It's cheaper, better (less bloat, additional 1gb of RAM (3 in total) and better designed).
Also, you don't void your warranty after rooting, and has daily nightly CM builds (which I use)

Cons:
>No removable battery
>Not waterproof
>>
>>55266336
I had issues with OPO
Thats why I bought OP2 but yeah now its gone
>>
>>55266354
What kind of issues, though?
My battery purrified once but they sent me a replacement for free (they also paid for all the shipping) and I got my new device in 1.5 weeks. Now I'm planning to buy OP3
>>
>>55266308
No clue what the budget is, and I did state those options are the non-chink options...which are always worse value.
I'm assuming bought new anyways, not familiar with resell value around the globe.
>>
S5 Cyanogenmod is forever half broken.
>>
>>55267367
Maybe on Exynos it is.
>>
>>55267367

On the S4 it is flawless. What's with the S5?
>>
>>55268700

And I'm talking about the respective Snapdragon variants.
>>
>>55263920
If you care about money look at lenovo vibe p1, I'm planning to buy it soon
>>
Get a Moto X 2014
>better camera compared to my s5
>isn't a bitch to root (both are Verizon models)
>front facing speaker
>fits in the hand
>2 years and still no burn in (don't know about the s5 because I returned it)
>good amount of support
>still getting 6 hours of SOT and haven't changes the batter yet
>>
>>55263920
>long story
7 lines
>short story
6 lines
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.