[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: DAW GENERAL_010.png (327 KB, 465x470) Image search: [Google]
DAW GENERAL_010.png
327 KB, 465x470
MUPPET EDITION!
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Who is best Muppet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pM1qVSX

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'l begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
do we really need more generals
>>
>>55262402
This isn't a new general, I've been here for over a year doing this on and off. I'm just not consistent
>>
>>55262188
bump, i like you anonymous.ogg

do you know anything about max/msp ?
>>
I use FL Studio 12. Is there anyplace I can learn how to use it besides watching hours of youtube videos?
>>
>>55263223
i think the best thing you can do is just use the software and get to know it

fl studio is not a bad software at all and it has one of the best fm synths(sytrus) if you have signature editon

imageline also makes great vst like harmor i dont know anything that tops it yet

t.cubase user
>>
>>55263223
yeah switch to FL11
>>
>>55262188
Take your shit to >>>/mu/ for more suited audience. No one here gives a shit about your mixtapes and your mixtape rigs
>>
I am on Ubuntu 16.04. Was messing around with LMMS and Ardour. Just got Bitwig. Its really comfy. I am interested in making hip hop beats and being an internet rapper meme. Trying to find something that will make me come out of my NEET shell.
>>
>What DAW is yours?

Ardour

>How long you been on it?

1.5 years

>How long have you been into music?

2 years

>What genre do you play with the most?

It'd classify as Synthpop I guess. I'm just slowly getting started.

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

None of them ;_;

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

I want to experiment with Trace, PsyTrance, Psybient, Drum'n'Bass, downtempo Dubstep and Hardstyle/Hardcore.
Like I said, I'm just getting started...

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

Yoshimi
It seems really versatile.
Ideally I'd want Carla Patchbay or Ingen to work, but they seem happy to crash a lot and Ingen also refuses to load all of my plugins.

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Yeah. I'm mostly doing this for myself and a metal band where we're still in the process of finding out how to get the sounds we want and how we combine the Synths with what genre of metal (leaning towards Deathcore).

Bonus points:

>Who is best Muppet?

Beaker
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.