[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
How would you recommend someone go about learning to develop (apps) for android? What environment would you use?
>>
>>55261765
Se the Big Nerd Ranch book, is pretty good to get you started.
For the environment is almost the same on win10 and Ubuntu (In both cases using Android Studio)
You need to be familiar with Java tho.
>>
>>55261834
I know C++, but it doesn't seem as good a language as Java for Android dev. Do you know of any good Java resources, or even better, stuff that focuses on Java for Android?
>>
Download xamarin studio/visual studio's version of built in xamarin. You can make apps with c#, f#, visual basic, etc. I've been doing all my app development this year in C# and xamarin is a great platform for it, and it's super easy to customize. Looks just like a Java app and way easier and less convoluted than Java development. Android studio isn't too bad though. But there are plenty of tutorials for c# and Java.
>>
>>55262559
The other nice thing is being able to build for iPhone and windows phone as well, and making cross compatible apps. Xamarin is pretty awesome.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.