[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the AUX cord invented and why does nobody seem to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x286
When was the AUX cord invented and why does nobody seem to know the answer?
>>
>>55261155
It's a patch cord and it was invented when the minijack was invented.
>>
>>55261155
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)
>>
>Auxiliary Cable
>AUX doesn't refer to any specific cable

Literally it can be a TRS mini (1/8") to anything. It can be a 1/4" TRS to anything if used in an aux way (for example aux send from a board to a piece of outboard gear)

What specific cable are you asking about? Because it would be significantly fucking easier to answer your question instead of shitposting
>>
>>55261242
>What specific cable are you asking about?
It's probably the one in the picture and the answer is 1964 or earlier.
>>
>>55261155
Never, it came with the universe.
>>
>>55261155

Actually, my grandfather, Obadiah Aux-Cord invented it.
>>
I dont seem to know the answer
>>
>>55261257
Can you provide a source with that?
>>
>>55261595
EFM-117J
>>
>1878
Jesus...
>>
>>55261648
1964 for 3.5mm
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.