[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else experience their social skills slowly deteriorate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 22.png (1 MB, 787x638) Image search: [Google]
22.png
1 MB, 787x638
Anyone else experience their social skills slowly deteriorate as their computer/programming/etc. skills improved?

I used to be a pretty cool and likable guy but over the years I became less confident and a nervous wreck in social situations.
>>
stop giving a fuck you autist

be the computer hacker who sits in his dank ass cyberpunk apartment with red lights and computer terminals everywhere. wear a red leather jacket with a hawaiian shirt underneath, skinny jeans, smoke a cigarette and have a bottle of liquor with you, and have randomly strewn uzis and rifles with their ammunition on your tables/floor.
>>
If I spend multiple days in a row in total isolation it deteriorates noticeably and I start to panic about things like going to the store or the bank.
>>
>>55260045
I can relate. I don't dislike people or anything, but real life interaction is too damn slow and tedious. Not to mention the feeling that everything that happens in the outside world is beyond my control. Things are so fucked up in the world, it's like watching a loved one die slowly.
>>
>>55260045
>never had any social skills
>too stupid and lacking in memory to gain any real skill involving computers or programming
I don't know why I exist.
>>
>>55260473
Fucking this.

People should just die
>>
>>55260473
>Real life interaction is too damn slow and tedious
Exactly. Almost getting anxious at how slow certain conversations go when they are useless small talk or have easily predictable outcomes as to how the conversation will go.
>>
>>55260045
No, because I majored in networking, so having to collaborate and work in groups was a required practice. If anything I have become more sociable, though I have developed a nasty habit of abbreviating my text messages to points of not being readable. That and I try to complete my words in my word processor by pressing tab like a fucking idiot.
>>
My social skills didn't really improve as my programming skill improved. I just kind of become desensitized and indifferent in social situations.
>>
>>55260565
there's no reason this wouldn't be possible, at least for the top 10,000-commonly-used-but-kinda-long-words. but writer normies want to FEEL like writers which means pressing as many keys as possible. plus they all use M$word.
>>
>>55260513
all of us are stupid, programming is all that's left for us to do
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.