[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
macOS superiority thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: tabs.png (378 KB, 1448x1832) Image search: [Google]
tabs.png
378 KB, 1448x1832
It's 2016, so why doesn't your OS have built-in tabs like macOS Sierra?
>>
>>55258104
>>
>>55258104
what editor is that?
>>
>>55259237
Sublime fag 3
>>
>>55258104
Can't wait for winpajeets to shit on this macpajeet thread
>>
Wait. It now has tabs inside tabs inside windows inside virtual desktops?

Why?
>>
>>55258104
>Not using iterm
>>
>>55258104
B L O A T
L
O
A
T
>>
>>55258104
I fail to understand what you would even use that for. Surely you can just click the entry in the taskba--

Oh. Right. Well, have fun I guess.
>>
File: 1455320554783.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1455320554783.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>55259244
>Sublime fag 3
>>
>>55259265
Ultimate cleanliness and organization.

In the case of Sublime Text, system tabs paired with editor tabs are neat because you can have both tabs for each project and then tabs for the files within said projects.

>>55259290
Taskbars are cool but get unwieldy if you have more than a handful of windows open.
>>
>>55259457
>Taskbars are cool but get unwieldy if you have more than a handful of windows open.
Workspaces are a much cleaner and better organized way of managing a large number of windows.
>>
>>55259490
I use workspaces all the time because they're awesome, but I don't see why that makes it a bad idea to add another tool to an arsenal of window management options. You don't have to use system tabs if they don't make sense for you, but if you ever need them they're there.

At the very minimum I've run into applications that don't have any kind of inbuilt tab support but could really benefit from having tabs, and system tabs addresses that.
>>
>>55258104

an OS doesn't need built in tabs, fucking mac pleb. That's the responsibility of the WM.
>>
>>55258104

> we haven't bumped the mac pro in over two years
> we haven't bumped the macbook air and retina macbook pro in over a year
> how do we distract the Mac OS X plebs from the fact that we're concentrating on iOS hardware and software?
> let's introduce a feature that no one asked for like tabs everywhere!

thanks federighi and schiller!
>>
>>55258104
How's sierra? I'm thinking about installing it on my imac when the public beta is out
also anyone have any good "nicknames" for the new OS?
>>
>>55258104
Tmux, screen
/thread
>>
>>55258104
I'm confused as to what exactly is going on in this image.
>>
>>55261065
Not the OP but I have it on a second partition.

It's pretty stable. Some of the features are a little half baked (which makes sense in a first beta) but it's plenty usable.

And really, Sierra is short enough to not need a nickname. Only real simplification you could do is dropping a syllable and calling "Sara" or "Sira". My bet is that most people will just call it 10.12.
>>
How long do I have until people get mad at me for calling it OS X?
>>
>>55261433
I don't think anybody will hold it against you, even Apple guys at WWDC were slipping up and calling it OS X. It's had that name for 15 years. It won't fade quickly.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.