[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to set up keepass or some variant so I can have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: KeePassX_Logo.png (38 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
KeePassX_Logo.png
38 KB, 170x170
I'm trying to set up keepass or some variant so I can have it running integrated in firefox in linux and use the database on android. I thought this would be pretty easy but firefox integration seems a fucking nightmare. Why is it so complicated?
I thought keepassx would be good enough but apparently the firefox addon for it requires you to add system files and according to the addon page requires keepass2 as well. Tried to install keepass2 just because I thought maybe it would be easier but no, a terrible interface which I can't even read because of whatever theme it is using.

Why is this recommended? Am I missing something here?
>>
i dont compelety follow what do you mean by firefox integration

i use autotype on firefox and works just fine
>>
>>55252729
>i use autotype on firefox and works just fine
What do you mean by that?
By firefox integration I meant that there is some way to make firefox autocomplete the login/password. I've been using pass and there is a addon so you can display logins, copy/paste etc all from within the firefox menu but with keepass it seems you have to do it all from the separate keepass program window, pretty much how lastpass integrates in to the browser itself. It seems a bit cumbersome to me.
>>
>>55252865
Keepassx does autocompletion of the password and username fields for you.

I just use alt+tab to switch between windows, CTL+B and CTL+Cto copy username and password respectively, and CTL+V to paste
>>
>>55252865
Are you aware that Firefox has this feature already?
>>
>>55254345
Yes but I prefer to to use firefox's tool for it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.