[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Can Apple still innovative with Tim Cook?
Mac, iPhone/ Pad, iTunes all under Jobs. Can Apple still take the nessesary risks to innovate, or will we keep seeing the same repackaged technology?
>>
tim cook is a filthy fecal fiend
>>
>>55249869
iWatch
>>
>>55249869
I don't think it's about the risk, it's about having a vision, as overused that sounds. Steve wanted to go somewhere very specific, that's why he was so successful. If you know where you want to go, it's easy to streamline your resources accordingly. If you don't, your efforts will dilute and achieve nothing.

I don't think Apple has this vision at this point. All they seem to do is either naively extrapolating Steve's work (which often leads to really stupid ideas) or following obvious new branches, so that they are usually late in the game (watch, car, tv, music). Many of their products are still great, although I can see how it will slowly go to shit from this point on. A potential breaking point for me will be the announcement of the new MacBook Pros. To me and probably most somewhat professional users this device is the most important one. If they fuck it up, I'll have to find an alternative.
>>
Move to exclusively USB C (MacBook and upcoming MacBook Pro)
Removal of headphone jack in place of Bluetooth (pushes forward wireless headphone/earphone tech)
Apple car
>>
>>55249942
iShit
>>
>>55249942
>iWatch
Never heard of it.
Is it like the Apple Watch?
>>
>>55250020
Just because apple shit on a wristband, doesn't mean they innovated shit.
>>
>>55249869
>Can Apple still innovative with Tim Cook?
No. It's over.
>>
>>55249959
>removing features is innovation
>>
>>55249936
>Apple's amazing anal alliteration
>>
File: Rolling-Square.gif (165 KB, 789x258) Image search: [Google]
Rolling-Square.gif
165 KB, 789x258
Just wait until they have a car. The wires will all be proprietary and the wheels will be square, requiring you to only drive on approved roads without voiding the warranty.
>>
>>55249869
>even listing itunes
iTunes is a pile of shit.
>>
>>55249869
>>55249869
Jobs did hardly any innovation himself, but he was really good at looking at what his guys are working on and saying "yes, this will sell"

Tim seems to be going around and saying "lets just put everything out there and see what will stick"
>>
>>55249936
I've been on 4chan too much lately, I read that as
>>the cuck is a filthy fecal fiend
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.