[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there some sort of widespread internet issue happening right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: giphy1-1.gif (960 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy1-1.gif
960 KB, 250x250
Is there some sort of widespread internet issue happening right now?

Like a backbone got taken out? I'm getting issues with a variety of websites, but it seems random. 4chan, Reddit, Google and other Alphabet sites work fine, but Netflix and half of the "is this site down" sites that I get in Google searches don't respond. Also can't play an internet-connected video game (using Origin Access).
>>
File: QoAhvIR.png (21 KB, 147x109) Image search: [Google]
QoAhvIR.png
21 KB, 147x109
your thin understanding of how the internet works amuses me.

The problem is definitely on your end. Restart your router/modem, change your DNS settings, check your wifi settings, update your NIC drivers, etc.
>>
>>55247150

Another game I play had their servers go out, and hundreds of people confirmed this was affecting everyone who tried to log in.

If this were an issue on my end why would only certain websites work? I already did a flushdns and restarted everything just to make sure anyway.
>>
>>55247150
>>55247171

Also this site shows Facebook and Netflix not responding: http://downrightnow.com/
>>
central Texas here

I've been locked out of sites like Twitch and various other places, and I came to this board to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue

it's fucking bizarre dude 4chan works fine but won't load ads, google runs fine, but I finally managed to get through to two speed test sites and they both tell me I'm at 85/85 which is normal

this all started like an hour ago and my antiviruses aren't saying shit
>>
Tinder isn't working for me
>>
>>55247233
Probably for the best.
>>
>>55247229
>85/85

Daaaamn that upload the

Massachusetts reporting in everything is fine for me just went on Facebook, watched a YouTube video, and got off CSGO a while ago.
>>
>>55247229

OP here, also central Texas. Maybe it is some kind of backbone or DNS server near us. I thought Netflix at least had some crazy sophisticated redundancy system to ensure they would have 100% uptime.

This site aggregates outage reports by physical location, guess where in the US the big fucking red dot is http://outage.report/netflix
>>
>>55247150
Such a terrible post
>>
>>55247283
If you're under FIOS like I am, it has to be Frontier then

They've had a massive issue as of now, but I don't understand why the fuck it's only specific sites, because I can access Steam and play videos through it just fine but not access some dinky little forum without it throwing connection errors
>>
>>55247317

Yep, Frontier fucking us good. Every site I can find that shows location of reports says north central Texas is fucked. The game I referred to in my OP is possibly hosted in Texas since that's where the home office of the parent company is. There's gotta be something in common between the services that don't work, I'll be damned if I know though.
>>
>>55247129
>Reddit
stopped reading
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.