[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fingerprinting thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: colour-blindness-test.gif (30 KB, 281x276) Image search: [Google]
colour-blindness-test.gif
30 KB, 281x276
Fingerprinting thread begin
https://browserprint.info/
http://panopticlick.eff.org/
Remember, kids, disabling JavaScript is cheating, since many sites require JavaScript to work and fingerprinting code can be included in that mandatory JavaScript.

Some kind anon many threads before posted a link to a story that indicates Google is injecting fingerprint code into their CAPTCHAs.
https://archive.is/9K5gs
This means that the majority of 4chan users could be being fingerprinted, and Google might know about your shitposting habits.
To fix this you can get a pass (which allows you to be tracked by 4chan in a different way), or you can trust the 4chan X extension and use that to run 4chan with all JavaScript disabled.

Daily reminder to do all your Facebook / Youtube / LinkedIn / botnet shit in a completely separate browser to your Googling or buying shit.
It's currently the ONLY way to truly defend against fingerprint tracking.
Double points if you have each browser running in a different VM with a different OS.
Triple points if you have each browser's VM configured with a different VPN.
The Tor Browser Bundle is still susceptible to many fingerprinting attacks that can uncover your true OS and browser.
Spoofing your user-agent is counterproductive unless you use a different user-agent for every site, even if you rotate them every x HTTP requests.
>>
Not bad, I guess
(using a custom user agent)
>>
>>55244985
I guess I am color blind
>>
>>55245477
You can't see the 15?
>>
>>55245477
It's a reverse test. Color blind people see a '2' there.
>>
>>55245736
I am colorblind and I can't see either a 15 or a 2
>>
>>55245736
Bullshit, all I see are dots.
>>
>>55245911
Same.
>>
I can't get panopticlick to show me the detailed fingerprinting results. even after I enable JS for the three other domains they're for some reason using.
>>
>>55245998
You'd think that the EFF would test their site more.
They're kinda expected to produce only AAA quality stuff.
I don't know why they redid Panopticlick, the old one was fine
>>
>>55246042
if there's one thing web devs love its changing the UI for no very good reason
>>
>>55246057
I don't expect most of this board to understand, but people need to justify their paycheck/continued employment *somehow*...
>>
:^)
>>
>>55246185
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55245911
>>55245939
You are not just color blind, you are blind in general
>>
>>55246675
>i have no idea what color blindness is
>>
>>55244985
I'm colorblind and I see a woman doing ballet.
>>
Uhhhh, so does anyone want to talk about fingerprinting?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.