[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/uys, at night my computer which is off keeps on turning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
Hey /g/uys, at night my computer which is off keeps on turning on for a breif second and closing down. Last night I was sitting at my desk and like clockwork at about 4:10 it flashed its screen on harddrive humming and then immediately shut down like ususal.

I didn't get the best look the screen but it seemed to just be a regular startup screen.

Whats the purpose of this?
Do you think that someone is taking data like a webcam pic, or something like recording its GPS Location. Sending audio files its recorded without my consent?

Maybe its how computers try to get slow over time. Every night a high quality couple gigabite pic it taken and stored on the harddrive, you cant delete. Over years the data of the pictures add up and slow down your computer. I bairly have anything on this labtop and running solidworks is a pain and so laggy. For the most part I never even touch this labtop. Its pretty expensive but struggle to use a 3d software? What do you think is up?
>>
File: 1442372069063.jpg (26 KB, 251x230) Image search: [Google]
1442372069063.jpg
26 KB, 251x230
>>55244312
shut uup!!1!1!
>>
>>55244312
Desktop or Laptop?

Does it have Intel Smart Connect Technology? I think that could be the issue
>>
File: 20160624_203357.jpg (1 MB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
20160624_203357.jpg
1 MB, 1152x2048
>>55244383
As you can see its a dell labtop (not the cheap thin shit you see at schools)

At the sticker says "intel inside"
>>
>>55244506
I believe Windows 10 is able to turn the computer on for various legitimate reasons. To prevent it pull the battery out if it really is a big deal.

Not 100% certain though.
>>
>>55244522
Well i got windows 8

Looked up>>55244383
It seems to match up

Pulling out the battery might work
[spoiler] but what if the internal battery can still turn it in [/spoiler]
>>
my desktop was doing the same shit with win 10 and would also wake it from sleep and leave it on, i got fed up and switched to linux a few weeks ago. i still have windows on a separate partition but it seems to have stopped. could probably still cause issues if it was the last selected os maybe
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.