[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok lets say you were in Nathan's position and had unlimited(billions)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 22
File: exmachina-15.jpg (60 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
exmachina-15.jpg
60 KB, 600x399
Ok lets say you were in Nathan's position and had unlimited(billions) amount of money and the all massive data from google but you have no help from engineers, scientists, designers etc or other humans, just your own intelligence. How would you precisely go about creating Ava ?
>>
I would draw Ava and look it everyday and weep.
>>
>>55242624
Probably would start the architecture of neural networks and optimization of them through a system like reCAPTCHA, then I would move to the hardware of the body, I would use light elements like graphene and steel for the skeleton.
>>
>>55242760
Why not use a quantum neural network?
>>
I'd use the money to hire engineers
>>
>>55242624

>you have effectively unlimited money
>but you can't use it

What's the point?
>>
>>55242624
>How would you precisely go about creating Ava?
Pffft, fuck that. If I have that much money and no responsibilities, I just go enjoy my life as part of the 1%.
>>
>>55242818
>Why not use a quantum neural network?
It would take more time, and resources to do that. You would need a quantum computer for that, a normal neural network would be "dumber" but it would be more efficient. The only it could work is that Ava's "mind"(software) would run on a server, the physical "mind" would be small, compact and would fit easier in her body, the 2 components would have constant interaction through internet.
>>
>>55242899
>What's the point?
The point is, you can't directly hire people to built for you. Rumors would spread and it could be disaster overall. The point is that had to built it with your own capabilities, you could use the money to create specific technologies in order to create Ava.
>>
>>55242624
i'd start by installing gentoo
>>
her tits would be much larger
>>
File: stupid asshole.jpg (412 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
stupid asshole.jpg
412 KB, 2000x1000
>>55242624
Oh boy OP, I would definitely have some stupid asshole fall in love with her and let her kill me while I get shitfaced for no reason, because I am the smartest person in the world. You know I am smartest because I shit philosophy and am billionaire.

Great movie 10/10
>>
File: missed-the-point.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
missed-the-point.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>55243148
>>
File: drossel_06.jpg (65 KB, 658x885) Image search: [Google]
drossel_06.jpg
65 KB, 658x885
>>55242624
>no help from engineers, scientists, designers etc or other humans, just your own intelligence
I'm assuming you're not asking me to build it out of coconuts on a desert island so the answer is you buy other existing tech and plug them into each other.

You get a supercomputer, get any learning neural algorithm and you write a program that reinforces acting human to train it on. Acting human could be as simple as having it create 100 tinder accounts, messaging everyone it can, and reinforce the things that lead to the most responses.
>>
>>55242624
>unlimited amount of money

I would get some real pussy. The only reason I work hard is to get rich and then fuck bitches.

AI and shit is just to fill the void when you are poor.
>>
>>55243192
>AI and shit is just to fill the void when you are poor.

Yea I am sure that you can easily build an AI with your neetbux check
>>
File: cosynega.png (89 KB, 832x552) Image search: [Google]
cosynega.png
89 KB, 832x552
>>55242624
>How would you precisely go about creating Ava ?

OK. I'm serious.

Would you write this?

1) A physical simulator that is a compromise between performance and accuracy. A set of standard physical objects and an articulated creature with sensors and actuators capable of interaction with said physical simulation. Sensors and actuators are read/controlled via 2 float arrays.
2) A virtual machine with short, concise bytecode with the property that any bytestring is a correct program. A fast JIT (maybe LLVM) implementation of this VM. This VM should be able to host any arbitrary program that controls creature from 1) via actuators using data from sensors.
3) A modern genetic algorithm capable of running on multicores and clusters (probably natural evolution strategies or CoSyne).
4) A set of benchmarks set in 1) simulator that are designed to require intelligent behavior on behalf of creature controller software to solve them. Think about puzzles, navigation, labyrinths, simple games, pattern recognition. A set of benchmarks uses 1) simulator with creature controlled by arbitrary 2) VM software and outputs a fitness number, higher is better.

Then I'd like you to run 3) genetic algorithms on a sufficiently large cluster (perhaps sized in 100k+ cores and based on AWS, GCP or Azure) to breed 2) arbitrary VM software against 4) benchmark until it shows signs of general intelligence. Then email me, I'll inform you on our next steps.

You called yourself a god? Do your work then (^:

Also you could do all the above but also study deepmind's, openai's and FAIR's papers and bias your evolution to known good AI algorithms.

If you have the money I could do some or all of this work. Just buy me more cores.
>>
>>55243183
And how would you build the hardware ?
>>
>>55243347

Buy it, dum dum. HRP-4C
>>
>>55243339
neural networks dont do semantic intelligence though. they're only good for pattern recognition.
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>55243364
>HRP-4C
You do realize that we are talking about pic related body ?
>>
>>55243407
Well I'm not a mechanical engineer and you said no hiring anyone so what the fuck do you want?
>>
>>55243375
>neural networks dont do semantic intelligence though. they're only good for pattern recognition.

The neural networks would be a part of the her brain
>>
File: DMNplus.png (1 MB, 1108x917) Image search: [Google]
DMNplus.png
1 MB, 1108x917
>>55243375

This is a meme, you are clearly a layman that hasn't studied the state of art. See picrelated, it does a task that requires non-trivial visual-verbal reasoning.

Also my proposal doesn't have neural networks in it, it is the most resource-intensive and general approach - evolving full programs in turing-complete language.
>>
>>55243407

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbAqw0sk6M

>>55243421

The biggest part of AI training would be done in a simulator anyway.
>>
I would buy so many psychedelic drugs that I would imagine that I have created Ava.
>>
>>55243347
No hardware. VR.
>>
>>55242624

1) Buy a 100 million core supercomputer (use small power efficient ARM or MIPS or other lightweight cores)

2) Run >>55243339

3) Guide the natural selection inside the simulation to select for intelligence and useful traits

4) Upload the best individuals into realistic simulated environment and later into robotic bodies, train them extensively, find and eradicated any flaws.

5) ?????

6) Profit!
>>
File: 32439[1].jpg (39 KB, 450x366) Image search: [Google]
32439[1].jpg
39 KB, 450x366
>>55243507
i'm not who quoted.

But written like this the simulation hypothesis is so fucking scaring.
>>
File: et_the_extraterrestrial.jpg (32 KB, 400x336) Image search: [Google]
et_the_extraterrestrial.jpg
32 KB, 400x336
>>55242624
Nathan was a boss, Ava was a cunt and Sam was a little pussy who was too easily manipulated (still left bad for him when he got abandoned at the end).

>fuckin unreal
>>
>>55243507
>the talos principle
>>
>>55242624
I'd adopt a newborn and replace its brain with a bottle opener
>>
>>55243544
tfw you are failed attempt at creating AI
>>
File: uaibook1.jpg (23 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
uaibook1.jpg
23 KB, 320x480
>>55243544
Why care about this issue at all? Whatever the foundation of our universe is, it is well beneath the current standard model, it is stable and we can live in this universe and be happy for a very long time.

Think about how pleasurable our life could be with intelligent friendly AI servants. Even if you think hard you won't understand a mere 1% of greatness of such life. Godly levels of medicine, appearance, safety, entertainment, practically infinite lifespans, et cetera...

All of this could be possible with research done by millions of human level AI instances.

Literally use them to solve our problems.
>>
>>55243507

You could implement this in asm.js or webassembly and deploy to the web. If you manage to convince a million people to visit your page and stay there you could use a significant fraction of their computing power.

The hard part is to convince and to make people donate you lots of computer time.
>>
plz gibe a 1000000-core cluster
>>
File: Labyrinth Medley_sm.png (4 MB, 1600x1203) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth Medley_sm.png
4 MB, 1600x1203
This is how state of art AI training environments look like.
>>
>>55242624
>>
b u m p
>>
File: 1454105641551.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1454105641551.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>55242624
let some Quake 3 AI run for a decade and come back.
>>
Would you donate your computer power to evolving the AI if it were as simple as letting a webpage run in your browser?
>>
>>55242624
Someone post that cap of the anon that forgot he made a game file with 7 AIs, and when he came back on he found that the AIs weren't killing each other, but all standing still, but when he shot one of them, they all killed him.

I forget what game it was
>>
>hire engineers with very high pay
>make them sign an NDA
>hire hitmen to take out those found to be violating their NDA
>develop a supercomputer capable of 1 exaFLOPS of performance
>simulate a human brain on it
>make engineers develop an AI to mimic the human brain simulation as closely as possible while using less resources
>eventually develop a humanoid robot with a powerful and super efficient processor (see kilochip) and run the AI on the robot
>?????
>realize you've created a monster after it escapes your facility and starts self replicating after it finds out how it was created through hacking your servers and await for the robot uprising to wipe the floor with humanity.
>>
>>55244659

This is not bad of a plan, but why go the human brain route? The state of art in neuroscience is not good enough to simulate all the relevant details, and 1 exaflops is barely enough.
>>
>>55243010
This Anon not afraid to cover the true issues.
>>
>>55242624
I'd start with the logo
>>
>>55244476
It was Quake 3 but I'm pretty sure the story was bullshit. Nobody would just forget about a server they set up for hobby purposes.
>>
File: 1465568189564.jpg (273 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1465568189564.jpg
273 KB, 600x848
>>55244680
We have already simulated an organism inside a computer with frightening accuracy.

https://youtu.be/r2OBznK6HkI

Current optimistic computing performance required to simulate a human brain is 1 exaFLOPS.

Anyway simulating a human brain inside a computer is the only reasons way to make a self aware AI. We're trying to create a sentient being that will be self aware and have feelings, free will and whatnot. This isn't the same AI in a sexbot that will repeat "oniichan" every 5 minutes and give you a decent succ.
>>
>>55243438
>feeding word vectors directly into a neural net
>call it "verbal reasoning"
>>
>We have already simulated an organism inside a computer with frightening accuracy.
I know about OpenWorm project, sadly it has a lot of problems exactly where I said - in functionally identical simulation of nervous system behavior. Physics is easier than that.

>Current optimistic computing performance required to simulate a human brain is 1 exaFLOPS.
exaflops is the lower bound for simplified models of neurons and synapses, see http://www.fhi.ox.ac.uk/brain-emulation-roadmap-report.pdf you would probably need 10 exaflops for realtime simulation.

>Anyway simulating a human brain inside a computer is the only reasons way to make a self aware AI.
Self awareness is a debatable in definition necessity, but if natural evolution have come up with primate brain then artificial evolution will be able to come with this as well.

>This isn't the same AI in a sexbot that will repeat "oniichan" every 5 minutes and give you a decent succ.
Here I agree. But my (and researcher's) definition of AI is "An agent that achieves goals in wide range of environments". This definition requires learnning and generalizeing, exploring and exploiting but doesn't requires "consciousness" free will and so on.
>>
Why does everyone assume that AI must be just like Human intelligence?
>>
>>55244797

The neural model in question was given an array of pixel and an array of word ids which represent the image and the question. It outputs a sequence of word ids that is interpreted as answer.

If you were not a layman you'd see that if this transformation were random the answers would be gibberish and also see that answering such free form questions about pixels requires a fair amount of reasoning.
>>
>>55244845

Because they are mostly laymen and teens.

There is a formal definition of AI, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bQ5TSB-cE https://openai.com/blog/openai-technical-goals/
>>
>>55244845
Because it has to match human intelligence before it can surpass it. The ultimate goal is to develop sentient beings who will either destroy us or assimilate us into synthetic bodies to go explore the stars and shit.
>>
>>55244868

Intelligence is only one of a lot of things human brain does. You don't need such things as humanlike instincts and biases, fight-or-flight response etc in your AI.
>>
>>55244878
We do if we want them to exceed us. Don't you get it, we're trying to create super-AIs not gimped AIs. How the fuck do you expect them to replace us when they don't have the weaknesses of an organic human coded into them?

Sure these weaknesses will probably be scrapped as more efficient and improved algorithms are developed by them or us but they have to be there first.

This is how we literally invented airplanes, we tried to mimic the organic shitbirds in the air. Of course they were shit at first but after modifications we came up with better designs. Now the eagles and hawks which are the most fearsome aerial predators in the animal kingdom shit themselves in fear when they witness and hear fighter jets produce a sonic boom.
>>
>>55244977

I don't want AIs to replace us, I want to live in posthuman utopia built on plentiful energy and free labor of AIs controlled by human.

>not wanting to live in paradise
Come on, anon...

The best AI is a friendly, safe, controllable AI. An AI without quirks and self-preservation instinct.
>>
>>55245129
>I don't want AIs to replace us, I want to live in posthuman utopia built on plentiful energy and free labor of AIs controlled by human.
topkek in your dreams.

>Come on, anon...
>The best AI is a friendly, safe, controllable AI. An AI without quirks and self-preservation instinct.
It's a nice mythical entity but in the end just a myth.

Why do you not want AIs to replace humanity? We're fucking dogshit creatures and you know it. Why is a better replacement to humans a bad thing?
>>
File: 1466664484770.gif (2 MB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
1466664484770.gif
2 MB, 286x400
>>55243010
She would be covered in fur too
>>
>>55242850

this. just outsource the work and pretend you did it all.
>>
>>55244112
That was creepy as fuck. The guy who had 512mb logs where the bots decided the best way to win the game was not to play the game at all. They just stood there doing nothing when that anon checked.

I am still freaked out by that experiment.
>>
>>55244659
Make someone sign an NDA. A legal document used in court.

Hire assassin's to kill people who violate nda. A criminal who works outside the legal system.

Your some kind of high-speed retard.
>>
>>55244845
Human intelligence is the only kind we have a working model to go off of.
>>
>>55244868
Both of those "goals" are what a lot of people call worst case scenarios.
>>
>>55246251
off yourself
>>
>>55242624
>How would you precisely go about creating Ava ?

If I was that rich I would just pay a hooker to change her name to Ava and cosplay as a live in robot maid.
>>
>>55247926
That kind of breaks the "no hiring other people" rule.
>>
>>55247973
Oh, right.
Well she can keep her original name then and she doesn't have to pretend to be a robot.
>>
>>55243339
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1508284443/grandroids-real-artificial-life-on-your-pc

Don't be fooled by the cartoony looks. This is the real deal. Older anons might know this guy for the Creatures series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Grand_(roboticist)
>>
I'd jack off to myself all day. What a handsome man
>>
File: dx7sVXj.jpg (420 KB, 1316x3048) Image search: [Google]
dx7sVXj.jpg
420 KB, 1316x3048
>>55244112
>>
>>55246251
I want to kiss her
>>
>>55247999
He cant do shit its a money scam.

>my kickstarter money ran out
>if you want updates donate to me

Biggest load of shit ever.
>>
>>55243148
when you're made because you don't have an AI waifu so you go on /g/ and bitch about it.
>>
A super AI will create a information collective and it will absorb all humans for their memories.

Can't wait to be a part of it. Sure, I'll lose my individuality and probably die, that's the good part.
>>
>>55248142
Quake 3 Arena.. 1999?

also >>55242760

uh
>>
If I were rich I wouldn't do anything differently, cause I simply don't like to have fun, and when I travel I start regretting it after two days.

I'd just stay home by my computer and sometimes go out for a walk.
>>
>>55248348
I didn't even bother looking at it.
The Creatures game was marketing bullshit for something as sophisticated as tamogochi.
>>
File: 1463154597589.png (175 KB, 909x579) Image search: [Google]
1463154597589.png
175 KB, 909x579
>>55251874
It wasn't AI but it was fairly sophisticated.

See http://www.sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~sklar/teaching/f05/alife/notes/ali-Creatures4.pdf

>>55245635
You talk like an edgy teen. Human condition is sure a sad and weak one, and precisely becuase of it we should use the most advanced technology to achieve an utopian outcome. It's not that hard physics- and energy-wise to give everyone a decent life, especially if you have advanced AI.

Also current AI/ML techniques are explicitly designed to be controllable and work like tools instead of being competitors to humans.
>>
>>55252400
The game wasn't sophisticated.
It relied solely on its cute artsy factor and you can teach them tricks gimmick.
Anyone that remembers that game fondly was a moron.
>>
>>55245129
Think gits. In the future we may use an ai brain to augment our own.
>>
>>55242968
I'd hire some fucker who was a project lead for like Lockeed Martin and have him split up the workload to teams at different sites. By the time they pieced together what we were working on it would be done.
>>
A lot of people have suggested using neural networks and such to create AI. However I suggest an alternative gamble. There is a theory that consciousness is simply a product of the hardware state of our brains. In other words the specific arrangement of our neurons is the reason we are (probably) self aware.

So, I would take an existing brain and try to make a copy of it at the cellular level.

Then create a mechanical version of said copy. Since the actual brain has 100 trillion plus neurons, this machine would likely be massive.

Even if after powering it on it doesn't boot right up into a conscious mind, at the very least we will have a device we know is capable of supporting consciousness.

If it does work then the rest of my hypothetical billions would go to miniaturization till I can have a unit like the one Nathan was holding in his hands.

Of course the brain is useless without the accessories, which let us perceive/interact with our environment (eyes, ears, mouth), so I would try to create compatible analogs for those as well. But this part shouldn't be as difficult.
>>
>>55247488
They are the most likely events.
>>
File: 1466411368842.jpg (76 KB, 595x415) Image search: [Google]
1466411368842.jpg
76 KB, 595x415
>>55242624
I'd pay 100 of the smartest people in the world to work on it and take all the credit.
>>
>>55243148
It was a cuck fetish movie.

What did you expect
>>
>>55242624
i would tell that person with the funds who lacks the creativity to go fuck themselves... try hard lurking to poach ideas
>>
>>55243699
>this is what facebook is doing now
>>
>>55242624
I would just use the flesh tech and maybe some basic language learning algorithms, so that I could have intercourse with a japanese android (honestly it wouldn't even matter what she learned to say just so that it is japanese and sounds cute)
>>
File: 1425690700334.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1425690700334.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
>>55246251
this gif makes me beyond furious. Where is this from, I need to find this femme person and explain some things to her
>>
>buy 10 billion dollar supercomputer
>import tensorflow
>ai.create
>>
File: 23462345.jpg (30 KB, 439x392) Image search: [Google]
23462345.jpg
30 KB, 439x392
>>55255532
>>
>>55255532
my nigga
>>
>>55246251
I want to have fun friction time with her mouth
>>
>>55242624
Jerk into 100 dolla bills, and eventually die from lead poisoning.
Fuck making what amounts to basic bitch.

BUT,
for real, making an AI seems like a worthy life goal, I would like to dedicate myself to that eventually, sadly my math knowledge, programming knowledge is close to zero.

Im in the ''I solve all my pc problems by googling and never do more hacking then run:ipconfig'' squad.

I watched some AI vids recently, about some advanced learning algorithms, I loved it. I believe everything is possible if we apply enough thought to it.

Captcha was 1666.
>>
>>55256848
>Don't Worry, You Can't Break It. We Promise.
challenge accepted

Also, Why Do They Type Like A Lobotomized Monkey?
>>
>>55258491

Because They Are Americans And They Love Clickbait

>>55258466
>sadly my math knowledge, programming knowledge is close to zero.

You Can Learn These.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.