[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know if the 480's fan is not gonna be shit? Im wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: rx480.png (303 KB, 617x370) Image search: [Google]
rx480.png
303 KB, 617x370
Anyone know if the 480's fan is not gonna be shit? Im wondering if I should wait until a third party to like MSI to make a better cooled one?
>>
>>55237864
isn't it normal that third party coolers will be better
although i'm sure that the stock fan is okay for OC and shit
>>
i'm getting an aftermarket one just for a dvi port
>>
>>55238444
Yeah I just don't want the card to overheat very often because of a shitty fan
>>
>>55237864
Wait for zen
>>
>>55237864

nice meme
>>
>>55237864
It should be fine for a card that uses so little power. Custom models will obviously be cooler and quieter though.
>>
It's a very low power card

It won't heat up enough to be house fire tier
>>
wait for vega
>>
>>55238501
all those rumor sites claim you can reach crazy overclocks with it so I guess temps will still be an issue.
>>
>>55238517
If you plan on overclocking it why would you buy a reference in the first place?
>>
>>55238517
what is this "crazy overclocker" meme? why would they release a card with more than the necessary headroom to make sure every chip works flawlessly at base clock.
>>
>>55238460
fuck that, ordered myself a DisplayPort so I can order the card on release day with no probs.
>>
>>55238543
so they can make an OC'd version of it and sell it as the RX 480x
>>
>>55237864
Just wait, reference cards are shit.
>>
File: 5OZABxx.jpg (733 KB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
5OZABxx.jpg
733 KB, 4160x3120
Gigabyte is usually Low-Mid tier for me (In AMD cards) but damn their logo looks sexy in Red
>>
>>55238591
If there's a 480X it'll be the full chip with the extra 256 shaders enabled.
>>
>>55238591
and what makes you think they aren't limiting something in their cards to prevent that?
>>
Will the 3rd party be out less than a month after launch?
>>
>>55238543
>bin chips way lower
>save power
>increase yields by a lot without sacrificing enormous amounts of performance
>chips get cheaper, lower price point
>sell the chips that can make it to the higher clock as "superclocked" at a higher price point

Not a hard concept to understand. It might be that most of the chips can hit 1400mhz but the few that can't are binned out for 470 chips (which also launch on the same day, remember) but that 1266mhz gets them into their power:performance:price triangle they want.
>>
>>55238618

How is Gygabyte allowed to build both AMD and Nvidia?
>>
>>55239301
Why wouldnt they?
>>
>>55239344

I thought that Nvidia would have made them sign some agreement to only sell their products
>>
File: Bill_y'know.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bill_y'know.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>55239301

They have no standards

...remember that before hitting "confirm payment".
>>
It will be fine.

If you want to OC and the leaks are true, then it should be ok, but I would still get an aftermarket cooler if I were you
>>
>>55239425
im sure Nvidia would do something like that if they could
>>
holy fuck where are the actual game benchmarks?
>>
>>55239821
http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-leaked/
>>
>>55239863
>gaming performance rivals the R9 Fury X and 980
All without proper drivers and OC.

If the OC leaks are true, you could pretty much turn it into a 1070 with OC on an aftermarket cooler, 1080 on DX12 and Vulcan
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.