[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm saving up to get one of these. Nobody seems to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I'm saving up to get one of these. Nobody seems to have Windows phones in here. Is it because they're shit? In that case, please redpill me. Otherwise I'm going for it.

I'm thinking of getting the regular 950 with that sweet 1440p screen. I played a bit with Windows phone 10 or whatever it's called on the store and it was a surprisingly good experience.

inb4 poop in loo, I know if this phone has negatives you are going to tell me about them...
>>
>>55237403
NO APPS
>>
>>55237480
this
>>
>>55237403
I have one, please dont waste your money. It dies a bit more every day.
>>
>>55237480
>>55237489
Are you serious? I thought W10 was all about "universal" apps...

I was even looking forward to writing some of my own.

>>55237490
Can you recommend me any alternatives? I really want to like it, but it's Windows itself I like more than the hardware.
>>
>>55237403
it's okay if you just want a phone
but compared to rooted android in which you can do basically anything and have all the good apps it kind of sucks
>>
>>55237500
The only decent thing about Lumia phones is the physical quality.

Windows is hell and it only manages to get worse with every version.
It's a sinking ship with a pajeet for captain. Don't fall for it.

I'm lucky to have bought the cheapest Lumia out there, the 520. Would've probably killed myself from buyers remorse if I spent more money.
>>
My mom got one and moving to either iPhone or Android. Really, it took them years to get Skype on the OS compared to Android after they bought the fucking company, and MS Office is on Android. What's the fucking point? The only reason people use Windows on computers and tablets is to run lots of applications. iOS and Android blow it away in this regard.
>>
This phone must be really shitty if all /g/ is saying it's crap and nobody is not arguing about it.
>>
POO
O
O
>>
>>55237480
Win phone 10 can run android apps.
>>
Winblows is a dead mobile platform. Get an android phone instead.
>>
>>55237666
I already have one...
>>
>>55237683
Return that shit or sell it on ebay. The longer you keep, the more pain and suffering you'll be subjected to.
>>
>>55237403
Redmi 3 Pro here I come
>>
>>55237650
Yes. It's universally accepted by /g/ that Windows Phone is dead from the lack of apps. It's as dead as a Virtual Boy.
>>
>>55237752
What other 1440p phones can I look at that are not Samsung and are below 5.5 inches?
>>
>>55237403
Was a loyal windows phone user since the lg quatum (released 2010), I owned the...

LG Quatum
lumia 920
lumia 630
lumia 635

Don't do it m8, I bought a galaxy alpha and told myself I was just doing it until the lumia 950 dropped in price (after waiting 3 years for the lumia 930 to release stateside), after using the alpha for a few months, and then having the galaxy s7 do the bogo sale, I can't go back to windowsphone, it's so nice to finally be able to have apps that are updated, not shit that's discontinued, being able to get on the same apps as my friends, fuck microsoft, they never tried hard enough to make their phone a real ecosystem.

waste your money if you want to
>>
>>55237843
blackberry priv
>>
>>55237843
Literally nothing wrong with samshit
>>
Good for normies (good quality build, good price/hardware)

But its not a swiss knife like android.

You are limited in terms of software, and the reliable software you have is the official/from trusted sources, but there is not alot of these.

If you need a straight forward phone, but have no money/don't like iphone, this is it.
>>
>>55237942
Touchjizz. But to be fair most of the lag it causes can be suppressed with a third party launcher like Nova.
>>
>>55237956
>Good for normies
Old people, maybe. A normie appreciates apps like Snapchat.

The few apps the platform actually has are abandonware.

Your points might've actually been valid during the WP8 era when there was still hope in the air and devs bothering to mention the platform.

Take Discord for example, they're pretty much on all the big platforms, but Windows Phone isn't even considered. They don't even have a 'Coming soon' excuse for it. The community wanted the app and all they got was a solid 'no'.

As a WP user I can say that buying one right now is pissing away money. You'd be better off with BBOS, atleast that gets some support.
>>
>lost $250 value in 3 months
>>
>>55238267
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 6S Plus.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.