[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with ThinkPads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: garbage.jpg (245 KB, 1689x1200) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
245 KB, 1689x1200
Why would anyone actually want to own one of these now? Is it a meme or something?

I had one for school when I was younger, but I've moved on since then.
>>
>>55235964
Corporate features (TPM OS autentication)
Extended Next Day replacement warranties.
Reliability.
Scalability on the hardware side.
Capability to be used as both a desktop workstation and as a On the Go laptop.
Extended batteries with proper cells and controllers.
Extended Multi operating system support.

I can go on.
>>
>>55235964
For poorfags line myself, it's a pretty good and upgradable notebook, that is well known for it's durability.
>>
>>55235986
Like*
>>
>>55235981
>>55235986
All very good points, I do remember mine taking quite a beating too.

Thanks for the quick response, anons.
>>
>>55235964
There're like kids with autism. Ugly, stupid looking, and fat, but on the inside they are special and full of all the features you desire.
>>
>>55235964
very cheap and reliable computer with a beautiful utilitarian design
>>
cheap

good

chink
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I own pre Lenovo ones as a hobby
I like refurbishing them

When you can get a 10$ laptop and spend 30-40$ on parts to make something look pretty and work nicely, it's kinda rewarding.

People generally buy the slightly newer ones because they make good price to performance shitposting machines, and people who buy brand new ones need them for genuine work purposes. There's one anon here who owns a maxes out P70 and every time I see it my dick twitches.

I have an R30, x40, R52 and T42, along with a thinkcenter, all pre Lenovo
I have another, maxed out T42 but it's one I've owned since I was a kid and I don't bring it out anymore because if someone were to break into my house and steal it, I'd lose my shit
The theft of 200$ worth of old Thinkpads is no big deal, just means I can refurb more Thinkpads with the insurance money, but the first T42 is special
>>
Durability, especially on some models, uniform design, easy to upgrade and since the newer models looks like the same ones from a few years ago, black people are less likely to bother breaking into your car for it unless they're itchin for some crack. Etc
>>
>>55236050
This. I own a near maxxed P50s and a T430. Everything this dude (>>55235981
) says is on the money as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.