[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just spent the last 2 weeks installing Arch Linux. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: vomit.jpg (26 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
26 KB, 395x405
I just spent the last 2 weeks installing Arch Linux. I'm not even fucking joking. The install process is just the most convoluted and confusing fucking procedure ever. I followed the beginner's guide many times. It wouldn't be a problem if the fucking guide actually explained to me in plain English WHAT THE FUCK the commands even. Then maybe I wouldn't have made so many typos due to mindlessly copying commands straight from the page.
It wasn't even the typos that set me back the most, it was that it kept asking me fucking edit files. How the fuck am I supposed to edit files when I'm on a fucking command line? There is no Word or notepad ++ to open to edit the files.
It asked me to edit sources.list and after spending around a fucking hour trying to figure out how to even get to the file without a fucking mouse cursor and I couldn't figure out how to edit it. You can't do that shit from the command line.
I used the famed 'pacman' (who the fuck names a command after an ancient video game?) to install note pad ++ but all it gave me was errors.

Anyone who uses this awful command line bullshit is a fucking time wasting retard. Use a real OS for fuck's sake.
>>
>>55235803
>uncoherent shitposting

Beginners guide is spell checked.
It is in the most simple English you can get to install the OS without a problem.
It tells you about the existence of both Vi and Nano (Terminal text editors available on the live cd and base distribution).
Also Notepad++ is not available for linux.

-10 /10 would not take the bait.
>>
>>55235803
try installing gentoo next time
>>
File: 1464750586909-g.jpg (100 KB, 635x425) Image search: [Google]
1464750586909-g.jpg
100 KB, 635x425
Install gentoo.
>>
nigger, redhat was, at one point, harder to install

wtf is your problem
>>
>>55235842
>>55235852
I see summer has finally arrived.
>>
>>55235880
>summerfags trying to fit in by calling regulars summerfags
lmao what
>>
>>55235803
Install Slackware
>>
>>55235898
>>55235880
sametypeoffag
>>
1/10 for efford
>>
I tried to install freebsd today but I couldn't manage to add my user account to the sudoers file because I can't use vi, so I gave up.
>>
I agree that the beginners' guide is uneccesarily cryptic and has a very skewed image of what constitutes a beginner.
>>
>>55235852
That snake looks comfy.
>>
>>55235803
Weak bait.
>>
>gparted /dev/sdXY beforehand
# mount /dev/sdXY /mnt
# pacstrap /mnt base base-devel
# pacman -S bootloader, video-driver, etc.
# reboot
>done
pfew
>>
>>55235803
>Bait thread
Report this faggot
>>
>>55235803
I fucking FEEL YOU OP!!!
i tried installing telegram FOR THREE HOURS!

COMMAND NOT FOUND COMMAND NOT FOUNDCOMMAND NOT FOUND COMMAND NOT FOUND COMMAND NOT FOUND
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.