[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britain has left the EU. What does this mean for the prices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: Scum.jpg (416 KB, 1080x894) Image search: [Google]
Scum.jpg
416 KB, 1080x894
Britain has left the EU.

What does this mean for the prices of tech goods? Are Brits going to be dicked even harder?
>>
>>55233286
no, they prob will get better international deals

probably gonna work harder with chinks and pajeets
>>
Tech will probably be cheaper but the cost of living will explode so it's only beneficial if you're rich or a NEET.
>>
Sucks for me. The UK used to be my go-to source for ordering certain kinds of tech.

Much cheaper than in my own country + no customs etc problems 'cause of EU. Britons not gonna get my money anymore, either.
>>
>What does this mean for the prices of tech goods? Are Brits going to be dicked even harder?

Probably,
The EU economy is larger than the UK's so guess who has more negotiating leverage ?
>>
Britain why. I mean I don't give a shit about them leaving or remaining but they just destroyed pounds and euros. Just in time to jack up the price on the RX 480 in every European country, specifically Germany where I buy the most. Thanks Nigel.
>>
>>55233467
>The future of your country should depend on the effect it has on my GPU prices

Fuck off you child.
>>
>>55233286
>Are Brits going to be dicked even harder?
No, that's not how democracy works.
>>
I'm romanian and most people here who can't finish college/get into college at all went to UK to work in farms etc(shit work)
Most doctors emigrate to the UK to work(usually for less money than an actual uk doctor)

I'm gonna laugh at how harsh romanians will be treated now in the UK(harsher than before I mean)

feels good not having to be a slave to britbongs
>>
>abububu my vidyacards are going to be more expensive

Fucking manchildren
>>
>>55233286
Britain doesn't import tech from the EU, except maybe cameras.

Computer components come (ultimately) from the states, and the EU STILL hasn't signed a fucking deal with the states.
>>
>>55233477

This
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-24+at+01.20.53).jpg (264 KB, 1634x920) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-24+at+01.20.53).jpg
264 KB, 1634x920
Pound tanks 10% to Dollar.

And britbongs think Tech is going to get cheaper what...
>>
>>55233519
It's tanking because of threatening promises made by EU ministers.

Plus, there's a cost to uncertainty. As stability returns, the pound will rise.
>>
>>55233519
this.

GBP BTFO
all tech is imported from other countries.
Import prices rise by XX% because GBP can't buy shit anymore:

Nominal GBP wages stay the same.
>>
>>55233462
Brexit just toppled the first domino. The EU won't have any leverage in anything soon.
>>
>>55233286
Who cares?
>>
>>55233559
You cared enough to post.
>>
Who knows?
Becoming a vassal state of china isn't that bad though
>>
>>55233554
Or Germany and France will now actually pass shit that Britan isn't getting in their way and it will lead to a stronger Franko-German union.
>>
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>55233542

Exactly. This is what some people don't seem to understand.
>>
>>55233501
lmao are you serious about this post
please tell me youre just making things up and kidding around
>>
>It seems to me that it is better to suffer by fighting and weakening one's enemies than to suffer by surrendering and serving them.
- Richard Matthew Stallman
>>
>pol pol pol POL pol pol pol pol
>pol pol POL pol pol g pol pol
>>
DEATH TO EU, FREEDOM FOR BRITAIN
>>
poor britain
>>
>>55233781
>>55233542
Or maybe you don't understand, nothing at all has changed.
Nothing.
Not a damn thing.

The current market is based on SENTIMENT AND EMOTION, such things pass, quickly.
>>
>>55233879
The market is always based on sentiment and emotion.
You didn't think depressions were rational things, did you?
>>
>>55233891
Wow, you really are an idiot then...
>>
>>55233906
Damn, European schooling has really gone downhill, hasn't it?
>>
>>55233445
ohh boo hoo, some little faggot on 4chan buying 50 quid of dildos every month is enough for us to not set up trade deals with the rest of the world.
>>
>>55233933
Clearly not as much as USA.
Next you'll tell me subprime lending was just 'sentiment and emotion' and that the last recession you had was really just sentiment and emotion.

unfortunately for you, those things were NOT fueld by sentiment and emotion but rather but mass corruption and carelessness within your financial industry.

That isn't the same by and stretch of the imagination to the situation currently being faced by Britain, but I'm sure you'll find some excuse as to why you think that is so.

You're an idiot, through and through.
>>
>>55233738
Don't count on it. With the Brexit a success you can expect other countries that feel slighted to talk openly about following the UK lead. There have already been rumblings in a few countries.

You also seem to forget that with the continuing rise of "right-wing nationalism" there is a very serious chance of La Penn and others taking top positions in member states. Imagine how La Penn would deal with Merkel on migrants, they may want a Frexit.
>>
Britains economy has always been fucked. They have nothing in the name of exports n lot of crippling debt. Their economic leverage comes from
real estate, education and tourism
Now they will kill off education as only eu fags used to come to study there.
the economy will tank big time. Britian will get what it deserves for enslaving 2/3rds of the world
>>
>>55234034
>enslaving 2/3rds of the world
You mean bringing civilisation to 2/3 of the world
>>
>>55233286
They already are, chances are the pound will get yet even more worthless.
>>
>>55234034
They're going to start exporting quality teapots. Next comes annexing India and China again for those tea plantations.
>>
>>55234007
Guess we didn't have to bail out our banks, manufacturing, or adjust interest rates, because "everything would've been fine," eh? Nothing had changed one day to the next.
>>
>>55234034
This gon be good.
>>
>>55234034
>That picture
>That immature world view

/g/ has been overrun by idiot 13 year olds.

bye idiots.
>>
>>55234042
limeys were knuckle dragging apes before jews civilized them & made an empire
>>
>>55234082
>H..hey guys, it's just sentiment and emotion, r...right? N..nothing's changed, amirite?
>>
>>55234149
Britain has had nothing to offer to the world after Industrial age and ww2. Just a poor fag irrelevent country, sucking united state dick to even have some relevence.
>>
>>55234250
They didn't even have a service industry to call their own. They had to import Indian cuisine because theirs is inedible.
>>
>>55233467
Get fucked

This is the first nail in EU's coffin

Hopefully more will follow and Merkel can proceed to ruin Germany only instead of all of Europe
>>
>>55234034
>Now they will kill off education as only eu fags used to come to study there.
>only eu fags
EU Citizens either paid the same as English students (£9,000p/a), Irish students (£3,575p/a) or Scottish students (£0p/a). The vast majority of income from foreign students comes from outside the EU, who pay £18,000p/a. That majority being made up primarily of Oriental and African students.
>>
>>55233879
man, you are retarded. one thing is what the markets are about, the other thing are differences in currencies and their effects on prices. you buy shit from china, priced in dollars, your shit goes up in price.
>>
>>55234331
if EU can pull its shit together, stop immigration etc then it will be stronger due to Britains exit.
Germany actually has a strong economy backing it, it will be fucked but nothing compared to what britain will have to do.

hell , they have no stake even in the steel industry anymore. The only industry where they had any say at all
>>
It's so weird reading posts from people from other countries complaining about how bad their economy will be.

Should those people in the UK have voted for your interests, then?
>>
>>55234656
What interests? You know we Americans don't even know where Englind is on a map, right?
>>
>>55233445
>thinking he's relevant to some country's economy because he buys 50 pounds worth of consumer electronic goods with a 1% profit margin from a retailer that will go out of business in 5 years with or without the EU
>>
>>55234671
The interests of a strong global economy

Sorry if my sentence was too hard to parse for Americans
>>
File: 5468746846535.jpg (29 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
5468746846535.jpg
29 KB, 375x266
>>55234574
>if EU can pull its shit together
>stop immigration etc
>>
They won't be tied down by protectionist EU policies any more
>>
>>55234682
>The interests of a strong global economy

What?
You know we want everybody else to lose, right? You losing means we win.
>>
>>55234574
The only reason why Germany's economy is doing so well is because the euro is so high so they can actually afford to manufacture goods.
>>
>>55233879
This

It's all wild speculation atm
>>
>>55234693
It's not that simple, little Chad. The GBP tanking weakens the global economy which affects even things like the mortgages and 401ks of Americans.
>>
File: d91.png (428 KB, 680x483) Image search: [Google]
d91.png
428 KB, 680x483
>Britain leaves EU
>Frexit next
>Le Pen over 50%
>Trump will win US election
>Merkel BTFO
>Germans go down in their own shit once again
pls
>>
>>55234724
No, our money is in America. You're little country could disappear and it wouldn't affect us one bit. None of us needs to go to Scotland for a stupid pile of rocks, Iceland for nothing, or London for its stupid phone booths and buses.
>>
>>55233286
import tariffs are now totally up to Britain, if they are too high then you have only yourselves to blame
>>
>>55234822
Little Chad. The concept of global stock markets and global economies seem to be confusing you. I suggest educating yourself before you come into big boy money threads.
>>
>>55234808
>wishful thinking

Frexit will never happen, Shillary might as well move to the White House now and Merkel will never leave unless she goes down with the whole ship
>>
>>55233286
Brits will start producing shit like the old days because of drop in Sterling so now we can purchase classy British tea/computers/furniture hopefully
>>
The EU started as an economic operative, despite the inherent economic inequality between the nations due to their geographic/resource limitations,
and then grew into a political assfuck about globalization which nobody wants unless you are a subservient cuckold ready to give up your interests and nation to be exploited by others as always happens.

I am not really surprised they chose to leave EU.
>>
>>55234842
You need to educate yourself on what "winning" and "losing" means. You losing doesn't mean we lose, it means we win. Did invading Iraq make us lose? No, it made them a stone age society, while we still have ICBMs and tanks. They had tanks and artillery, and now they don't. A couple B-52 runs would now completely wipe them out. We're stronger than ever.
Don't confuse your weakness for ours. We're not "the world," we're the United States of America.
>>
>>55234917
Replying to let you know I didn't read this. Quite literally did not read anything past the first few words.
>>
>>55234923
I win.
>>
>>55234082
see you tomorrow
>>
>"We're an island nation that makes nothing. You know what we need? BARRIERS TO TRADE!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>55235048
Everything you own was made in China.
>>
>>55235069
I know. And you know what we're not trying to do? Get into a trade war with China!

"Sorry China, but it's time for the United States to put stealing your labor behind us. We're going to drop out of this cozy relationship, so feel free to put up every convenient tariff you need and hitting us where it hurts!"
>>
>>55235048
spot on sir
>>
>>55234574
That's a big if though

So far EU has shown remarkable incompetence in stopping immigration and reducing bureaucracy

I don't why that would suddenly change

The only long term solution is for the corrupt and greedy EU politician to admit defeat and reduce EU to what it was intended as - a trade union
>>
File: 317.jpg (56 KB, 600x704) Image search: [Google]
317.jpg
56 KB, 600x704
>>55235129
>sir
>>
>>55235048
They don't make anything but everyone showers them in money for no reason.
>>
>>55233362
nope. they don't get any of the trade compensations they did under the EU

>>55233286
They're fucking toast economically
>>
>>55233286
The EU was a mistake.
>>
not sure how north Ireland referendum will help to stop pound free fall
>>
>>55235229
A few hundred years of culturing relationships will do that. "Do business with us. We're better than the Nazis!"
And now you are the Nazis. "Join the EU? Ok... that means we get to be Nazis together, right? We're gonna make a white brotherhood and look down on all the brown people? That's what 'EU' means, isn't it? Oh, it's not, and you actually want to be good people? Well fuck that! BREXIT!"

I foresee great things out of an ignorant and insular foreign policy.
>>
>>55234682
But isn't Britain completely dependent on global economy?
Their manufacturing industry is laughably, all they have is their financial sector.
>>
>>55235210
True, its a big if. But merkel has lost power in Germany, germans dont want to push the immigration agenda more.
Economic interests of EU are stake. If they were not rational, then they will be now when money is at stake
>>
>>55235307
Your face was a mistake.
>>
>pol/biz shit on /g/

sure is summer in here
>>
>>55235289
He's implying they will make new deals, you dunce.
>>
>>55235447
With a much weaker bargaining position.
Good job.
>>
>>55235372
Can't say I can argue with that. Just how you couldn't argue with my post.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.