[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got an email from AT&T that they're going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ATT-SGF.png (234 KB, 677x277) Image search: [Google]
ATT-SGF.png
234 KB, 677x277
I just got an email from AT&T that they're going to put us at a fucking data cap of 600GB/month

we literally JUST signed up for gigabit internet, what kind of fucking scheming jewish garbage is this?

we've been with AT&T since it was fucking bellsouth and this is how they treat us

I'm going to leave AT&T. what are some providers that aren't evil incarnate?
>>
>>55227551

I worked for AT&T for a couple years and the data cap has since then been 500GB/month. You should be grateful that they're giving you 100 more. Also, it's not even a hard cap, you only get a letter. You're probablyone of those dickheads that consume 15TB a month because you're selling it to your nigger neighbors; in that case I have no sympathy for you and you deserve every cap they give you.
>>
>>55227592
>Also, it's not even a hard cap, you only get a letter.
you mean a fine

>selling it to your nigger neighbors
>implying i live near niggers
>>
>>55227551
Lol I pay $10 for 1GB data cap in Turkey. How lucky you are.
>>
>>55227592
>implying 500GB is anywhere near a large amount of data
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 506x440) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43 KB, 506x440
>>55228733
forgot my fucking pic
>>
>>55227592
500 gb is basically nothing, you can reach that amount just by watching anime and shit

how the fuck can they do this? they had a cap before?
>>
>>55227592
or he could stream a lot
or he could run a home server
or he could be a researcher (I have datasets that are 300GB individually) that needs to do work stuff at home
or he could do other stuff for his job (like video editing)
>>
>>55228762
Lol, wut. An entire season of a series at 1080p with flac audio is like 13GB or less.
>>
>>55228820
>not uncompressed 4k
It's like you want eye cancer.
>>
>>55227592
If AT&T actually provided the speeds they advertise, one could download 600GB in an hour and a half.
>>
>land
>of
>the
>free
lmao
>>
File: enough is enough.jpg (59 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
enough is enough.jpg
59 KB, 599x450
Boycott AT&T when?
>>
>>55228838
>Watching upscaled anime
It's probably done using a shit algorithm.
>>
>>55227592
>You should be grateful to have feces to eat
>You should be grateful to get AIDS
>>
>>55227551
I was using Verizon fios. Not as bad as AT&T, I think, but still pretty bad.

The router they gave me broke down after 2+ years, so I called to ask when they could send another one. They told me I need to buy my own so I said "Fine, go ahead and cancel my service then." After some butthurt and passive-aggressiveness they canceled it.

Switched to Time Warner. I'm now paying half of what I was paying to Verizon for twice the download speed and about the same upload speed.

At first my internet was complete shit and I thought I made a mistake choosing them, but when I called TW they told me their equipment in my area was damaged. They fixed it the next day and everything has been fine since then.
>>
>>55227592
Man you're completely out of touch with reality. All I have at home is internet no cable no voice lines nothing. My Home phone is VOIP (Ooma) and all our TV content is via streaming or from our home server via Plex. We regularly go through about 1-5TB a month easy.
>>
>>55229073
tfw Verzion Fios was always good to me. I have Comcast Xfinity now and I fucking can't stand this garbage. Had to have them come out 4 times when the internet just fucking dies for hours sometimes. This fucking horseshit DNS server that I can't change.

Wish I had my 100% reliable Fios again. The only time it went down was when there was a hurricane and all the power in the area went out.
>>
>>55229402
AT&T doesn't give a fuck, they want you to buy voice lines and cable service because they want more of your money.

Either they'll put caps on you or they'll raise your monthly cost. Did you think they were going to let internet usage go through the roof and not find a way to extract more shekels?

>>55227551
Is it a breech of contract? If not, well, fuck you I guess. If you're not in a Google Fiber area you're kinda fucked.
>>
>>55229490
>can't change DNS server
nigguh wut
>>
>>55229604
I mean on the router level.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.