[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to move decision making online /his/? I mean to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: processofmcda.jpg (64 KB, 800x502) Image search: [Google]
processofmcda.jpg
64 KB, 800x502
Is it possible to move decision making online /his/?
I mean to have a user friendly system that sorts questions and answers and suggestions of thousands and millions of people according to their similarities, much like google does with searches.

If we examine occupy movements and all sorts of recent public riots/gatherings it seems that organizing the people is easy through the internet but directing the outrage and masses towards a solution, towards actual demands and changes seems very problematic.

I mean, societies can in theory already create referendums and nation wide polls about what people want to do without the government being involved at all..
The problem is to then utilize information to push the exact buttons for change to happen and a lot of it seems to do with the fact such actions require precision in decision making and demands which need a system that can sort them hierarchically or in some efficient way.
A system that would sort decisions and suggestions of a society or a large amount of people utilizing and calculating in expert opinions and different modes of identification.

In fact, if such a system can be made there would be no need for any real life gatherings.
It would essentially be a replacement for government. It would calculate and understand what you personally think of different issues, it would sort issues from all sources, categorize them, offer them for debate and voting and would have several levels like neighberhood, city, nation etc...
A user would simply input his opinions and desires and the system will try to translate them to the language of the system, meaning sorting through the different issues raised by other people and their solutions, giving your vote to what fits your desires.

Is it viable today?

pic not related.
>>
In fact, such a system can start from small things, representing and helping to coordinate residents within a single apartment house but then it can slowly spread to neighberhoods and cities.

It is exactly the sort of thing that does not already require people in power to agree on.
>>
>>55227314
shut it down SHUT IT DOWN
/saged
>>
>>55227346
Why?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.