[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one have max torrent download speeds with upload completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 142788-004-C3E60EBF.jpg (20 KB, 550x416) Image search: [Google]
142788-004-C3E60EBF.jpg
20 KB, 550x416
How can one have max torrent download speeds with upload completely disabled?

My ISP has started monitoring for torrents and uploading (contrary to downloading) is illegal in my country.
Since I will be downloading several terabites I wanna play it safe.

TL;DR: how to leech
>>
>>55227226
Off yourself or vpn
>>
>>55227268
I already have a socks5 connection, but the IPS still knows
>>
Doesn't encrypting the stream prevent this?
Seriously tho, your ISP is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>55227226
Where do you live OP?
>>
>uploading (contrary to downloading) is illegal in my country.

You just uploaded text and a picture to 4chan, so I guess that means 20 fucking years in your country's Gulag for you.

>shit country
>shit people
>shit happens
>>
File: leaches-are-fags.jpg (58 KB, 518x369) Image search: [Google]
leaches-are-fags.jpg
58 KB, 518x369
>>55227226
Get a VPN, they can't tell if you are seeding if you have it set up properly. If your ISP calls you out for constantly uploading, tell them you're hosting a website.
You can get a VPN that allows P2P for $5 a month.
>>
>>55227226
What country you fucking leech?
>>
>>55227226
Just delete the torrent file the second you're done downloading.

IIRC, they can't actually fine you for torrenting. They can terminate your service if they think you're breaking some US laws (copy right infringement) but of course they won't do that because you're giving them money.
>>
>>55227226
You can't have download if you aren't uploading you dumb fucking nigger.

You don't have to fucking seed but the whole point if the goddamn fucking system is you give to some while you take from others.

This is call leeching, learn how fucking p2p works.

The best you can do is set your upload to 1-2 Kbs but you'll probably have a throttled speed.
>>
>>55227226
If you really really don't want to upload from your pc, rent a tiny server and install torrenting software (rtorrent+rutorrent or something like that) to download shit remotely. Download the finished torrent files from the server to your pc.

If your bandwidth and storage needs are smalle enough you can do this for free on an Amazon EC2 instance for like a year before they want to charge you. Then you can just make a new account and start another free year, repeat ad infinitum.
>>
>>55230247
Just reread the OP, looks like the free EC2 won't work, given you're looking to download terabytes of shit.
>>
>>55227226
just connect to a router with NAT and you're good, the isp cant see anything beyond your gateway since it's a local network. worst case, they see all this activity on your gateway but you can just tell them someone got access to your wifi or something
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.