[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fast, secure browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: shit browsers.jpg (66 KB, 958x599) Image search: [Google]
shit browsers.jpg
66 KB, 958x599
What is the fastest and most secure browser if I'm using Windows?

pic related, none of these are an option
Firefox has SJW problems and is following in Chrome's footsteps as far as being a botnet goes
it's pretty much the same with Opera

Which browser should I use, /g/?
>>
>secure
>using windows
Maybe a VM browser appliance
>>
>>55223913
links
>>
>>55224029
What?
>>
>>55223913
i dont know why you guys always bitch about the mozilla sjws. its not gonna affect the browser itself at all if they remove some triggerwords from the codebase. altho i do agree that its worthless time wasting. and if we forget all this sjw stuff, the devs are actually nice, and they atleast try to sometimes listen to the community. and mozilla is not the only company getting infected with sjws, the same things happening at debian and chromium, for instance.

so basically firefox still does the trick for me, and i think people in general should use it more, mostly because we dont want another total browser monopoly happening.

if youre concerned about firefox privacy, you should maybe look into these:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=firefox-esr-privacy
https://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js
the upper one is a privacy patch for the esr realease, and the second one is just a privacy conscious user.js template. if you are on windows and willing to stay there, you should at least study the user.js and flip some settings at about:config

but if you insist on using a chrom* browser, im not saying chromium is a bad choise either. just warning ya the devs are even more shit than at mozilla, if you have a problem and ask them theyll just say sumting like "deal with it lolol".
if you are interested in chromium and privacy, you should take a look at the inox-patch:
https://github.com/gcarq/inox-patchset
and the ungoogled-patch:
https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/tree/master/patches/ungoogled-chromium

if you want a graphical browser, you should mainly take your choise between these two browsers, as all the other ones currently under active developement (with a few exceptions, which are shit) are just deriatives of firefox or chromium. basically read into both of them real well and think about which one suits your needs better.

>>55224169
hes talking about the browser, called links. here:
http://links.twibright.com/
>>
I just tried Sleipnir, a chromium fork

what in the fuck?
the font rendering is great but everything else is just weird as all fuck

good god
>>
>>55224282
>hes talking about the browser, called links
Oh, textbrowsers aren't really my thing
Also, I wish I could use something like Midori or QupZilla, but WebKit browsers seem to not work on Windows at all
everything webkit crashes on startup
>>
>>55224784
I've had this problem as well. The crashes make Midori unusable. Wish there was some kind of fix for that.
>>
>>55223913
Vivaldi is kinda cool, and its as secure as Chromium
>>
>>55224677
I think it has potential, but there are lots of issues with the layout. The font-rendering reminds me a lot of Safari.
>>
>>55225246
It's also slow and clunky as shit, closing a tab makes it freeze for a good few seconds
its tab system should be a lot more customizable, it's really weird

The website being completely in Japanese doesn't leave me very hopeful in terms of improvement
>>
>>55225229
>and its as secure as Chromium
so, not at all?
>>
i have a question. Is there any way to make images/videos/flash load on click how it was in the old opera in firefox? Would be best on click since its for a tech illiterate who has a 20GB internet limit, but other opinions are welcome.
Sorry but noscript is not an option since tech illiterate.
>>
>>55225798
You can enable Flash click to play in the plugins section. There's an about:config setting that stops videos autoplaying.
>>
NIGGERS AREN'T EVEN HUMANS
>>
>>55226253
calm your /pol/ for a second here
>>
>>55225229

Vivaldi is based on Chromium, but it doesn't means is (in)secure as Chromium.
>>
Edge is the fastest. Palemoon w/NoScript is the most secure.
>>
read the wiki you disabled person.
>>
>>55226346
The Wiki doesn't contain everything and is out of date
>>
>>55226304
what about Waterfox?
>>
>>55224282
>but if you insist on using a chrom* browser, im not saying chromium is a bad choise either. just warning ya the devs are even more shit than at mozilla, if you have a problem and ask them theyll just say sumting like "deal with it lolol".
if you are interested in chromium and privacy, you should take a look at the inox-patch
Or you can just install Iridium.
https://iridiumbrowser.de/
>>
>>55223913
Opera and firefox. Opera isn't a botnet
>>
>>55223913
probably Edge, it's really extremely fast, and it has fuck-all market share so it probably has little security issues either.
>>
>>55224282
>inox-patchset
>Credits
>Iridium Browser
Lel.
>>
File: OPERAISBOTNET.png (271 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
OPERAISBOTNET.png
271 KB, 2000x2000
>>55227000
B
O
T
N>>55227000

T
E
>>
File: tumblr_nrcdssf9OK1qirg4co1_500.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrcdssf9OK1qirg4co1_500.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>55225476
Yea man, those separate processes and extension sandboxing sure sucks

Good thing the purple haired shemales at Mozilla didn't buy into this whole 'security' fad
>>
>>55227463
You can disable that, have you ever opened opera?
>>
>>55226981
>>55227122
yeah the iridium browser looks pretty nice, op should consider that too if he doesnt want to bother with all the patches
i just dont like the idea any other unnecessary 3rd parties being involved in my browsers

but in reality im just autistic
>>
Tbqh, opera is good again, meanwhile chrome and Firefox continue to get worse, opera keeps getting better.
>>
>>55227815
Define better

Isn't Opera a chromium reskin with bundled add ons?
>>
>>55227935
yep it is.
this is one of those huge boners /g/ has over a piece of software that last for only a couple of weeks.
remember back when vivaldi was new and shiny? /g/ was all fuckin over it. and now if someone posts scrot with vivaldi he gets shit poured on him. mark my words this is one of those cases again.
>>
>>55227935
It's a better chrome/chromium. Based opera doing it again.
>>
>>55228066
/g/ was always talking shit about opera, but I honestly like it because it isn't as bloated as chrome.
>>
Anyone use Cyberfox?
So far, my favorite flavor of Firefox.
Tried Iridium, but I didn't like the way the font worked out. Also tearing when I scroll.

I'd been using Pale Moon, but OneeChan stopped working with it for some reason. Also YouTube videos would crash.
>>
>>55223913
Just use Chrome. You're using Windows, so you already don't care if you're a part of a botnet.
>>
>>55223913
Install gentoo
Use Icecat with uMatrix, uBlock and no Flash.
>>
>>55223913
I've used the PaleMoon for couple years now. It's a Firefox derivate that focuses on performance and personal security, and supports most FF addons and stuff. Ended up giving it a shot after FF started having performance issues, and lol-Chrome is just a botnet.

It's been nice so far. Using uBlock as an ad-blocker, Hide Caption TitleBar Plus to make the GUI slimmer & thus see more of the pages themselves (very handy especially on 768p laptops), and some addon that allows using the old Flash player on YT and such, because the new HTML player restricts it to 720p otherwise.
>>
>>55228161
>You're using Windows, so you already don't care if you're a part of a botnet.
Way to be an apologist / hill for MS, Billy.
Sorry, but I got an non-updated W7 with all updates disabled, and most outgoing traffic blocked via firewall.
>>
>>55229212
>and most outgoing traffic blocked via firewall
Isn't this technically the perfect solution to most "muh botnet" problems?

What firewall do you use?
>>
>>55227645
If you're gonna be autistic, educate yourself about browser fingerprinting, and realize that there is currently no browser that is private or secure.
>>
>>55223913
Iridium browser is your best bet for security.
It has the extreme measures that chromium put into their browser while at the same time gutting all the botnet features of google's spin of it.
The only downside is that they build based off of a 2 release delay so you'll not get the latest version of chromium.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.