[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best ChinkPads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 800x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 800x303
Best ChinkPads?
>>
>>55223602
what I'd like to know is, as some of these are based on x86, can one replace windows and install another OS?
>>
>>55223900
Theorically yes, but maybe you'll need a keyboard to enter the bios/uefi and only stick to ubuntu because it's the only one that has touchscreen support, as i know.
Correct me if i am wrong
>>
>>55223602
Teclast x80 pro.
it's been discussed over 200 times. now fuck off
>>
>>55224175
This
/Thread
>>
>>55224175
can i delete the Android partition?
>>
>>55224166
The UEFI on these things is 32-bit most of the time, so it might be not possible to boot anything that's 64-bit even if the CPU can support it.
>>
>>55224175
What makes it better than the Chuwi hi8? The Chuwi hi8 seems to have a faster and better quad-core Atom processor too (2.16 GHz)
>>
>>55224515
I think they often install 32bit Windows on these things since it takes less drive space.
>>
>>55224624
They do install 32-bit version of windows on these things because of storage and RAM limitations (atom-based tablet's can't have more than 2 GiBs of RAM, check the ark), but they also put 32-bit UEFI on these things. You won't be able to boot anything 64-bit on these devices.
>>
>>55224669
Pretty sure I've seen reviews where some have 64bit Windows.
>>
>>55224669
The old Atom chips are 64-bit processors, they can run on 64-bit OSs just fine.

However jewtel has limited those specific SoCs like the one the chuwi hi8 to 2GB of RAM to save costs. The tablet itself is like $100 and the CPU is most likely $10.

Anyway more expensive Atom SoCs like the Z3580 found on the $300 zenfone 2 can use up to 4GB and is also a 64-bit processor.

Wish more tablets would use Atom SoCs desu, the one on the Zenfone 2 is fucking boss especially with that custom powervr gpu.
>>
>>55223602
nobody uses windows on "chinkpads"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.